Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh hell yeah, this is gonna be gooood! :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Landfill posted:

Oh, that's absolutely a big part of it and I fell for it every time

Sounds like he's playing a real long con now then :v:.

Seriously though, sorry you have to put up with family getting caught in that bullshit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

My favorite RPG explanation for magic is and always will be "my cell phone can shoot fireballs and also collapse time and space as long as it has enough battery"

To be fair, it's the Quartz that does that, they're just using the phone to fudge complex magical rituals with Quartz computers.

And with clockwork in the Trails in the Sky games. Can't forget the Clockwork!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hwurmp posted:

actually it's "we figured out how to make our fire-shooting spacetime-collapsing magitech send & receive a wireless signal"

And then we used it to create the internet!

To be fair It's heavily inferred the massive rise in tech level is due to salvaging what's left of the Liber Ark