Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead
I never owned this game, but I played through multiple times between rentals and borrowing a friend's copy, and it really is a genuinely fun, unique game. I hate, hate hated those original pre-4 Resident Evil games, but Square's take on similar ideas is executed very well.

Particularly, the alternative take on RE Classic's severely limited inventory system. PE is one of the few games I can think of to really counter rpg item-hoarding at the design level in a non-obnoxious way. Limited inventory and the constant churn of improved equipment actually discourages wasting things. The megalixir you still have at the final boss was worthless the entire time. Use it or lose it! Use it or don't pick up the awesome BFG around the next corner! Oh, cool bfg, let's fight some mutant llamas. Sweet. Oh, the llama shoots nuclear bees? Cool, better use a megalixer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU