Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Sum Gai posted:

So how much is the chest RNG worth caring about? Is there anything worth reloading over?

It's relevant (but not necessarily run-breaking) in the speed run but not so much in casual play. At worst you'll miss out on a stat boost here and there or you'll get a slightly worse weapon than you could have.

Speaking of, my first time ever seeing this game played was watching the speed run in a marathon a few years ago. It's actually pretty interesting. Dude even did it blindfolded a few times.

I eventually got it on my vita and and I have to say, imo it's held up better than any other ps1 Square game besides FF9. Unfortunately I got several seconds into PE2 and immediately turned it off. I hate tank controls so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU