Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TACD posted:

lmao "uncovered"

guys I've done an investigation and I've uncovered that despite what many leading websites will tell you, there is actually a distinct lack of hot singles in your area who want to meet tonight :monocle:

how is the 'Water; wet?' experiment going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There's a big GC talking point about Izzard being happy to play a male role in TV but being gender-fluid outside of it that's a whole mess.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Nobody tell them about pantomimes.

Between adults being around children, gender-blind casting, the idea of fun, innuendo, pratfalls, and being near a city centre I reckon you'd set the mumsnet servers on fire.

e; realised that read as though I thought setting their servers on fire would be a negative. It wouldn't.

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 1, 2022

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Was he badly hurt?

https://www.hse.gov.uk/humanfactors...ift%20patterns.

Managing rail staff fatigue (this is from 2013 so not sure if there's a newer one).

https://www.orr.gov.uk/media/10934
I've lost track (pun not intended) of the infrastructure maintenance arrangements now. Are you employed by contractor or by Network Rail?

Yer this is something the HSE is increasingly interested in and Bessantj please raise concerns with a union rep.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

bessantj posted:

Getting a union rep is probably a good idea.

I would suggest it very much is. In the utilities sector there was, tragically, a double fatality caused by fatigued workers travelling back from a worksite and coming off the road in their car. It led to a complete re-work of shift pattern monitoring - which got some people's backs up because suddenly they weren't able to do 80 hour weeks and then clock on for weekend overtime. Getting home safe is much more important than anything else.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Car drivers complain because they have to pay attention is nothing new, they're just finally seeing repercussions for their lovely driving and having a tantrum

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Falklands 2: This time China wants access to the oil fields as payment for Argentinian railways

Good thing our diplomatic credentials are good
Good thing we've got people respected in the region
Good thing we've got a competent Foreign secretary

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Some poor shits gonna get to go on their first boat ride across the equator soon.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

On a similar theme, I reckon in a contest to find the worst tweet/reply combo of the day, this is a clear winner;

https://twitter.com/DreyfusJames/status/1490392664063291392?s=20&t=IQNB-fJWUt5hBiGx0S1-Eg

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Can anyone please remind me of the person the Eye take great delight in calling a liar because he was found to have lied in civil court, meaning they can't be found liable for libel?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Inventing memories to mask the pain of growing up in Ayr is something that a lot of people have done, I don't think people will judge you.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The man who set up a decoy mistress and then sued for libel so he could shag Edwina Currie is a moral arbiter of the nation

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The boss is going to ignore and excuse any acts of aggression out of an overriding need to be fair and give the tosser a chance. She's better off leaving. Outside of that, the only way she's going to remain safe is to make sure that the security around the site is improved, and that the riskier elements are mitigated. Pepper spray might be an idea too.

It's loving poo poo though, regardless.

Mebh posted:

He says he wants to sit them down when he's back and talk it all out and if he doesn't apologise he's fired...like you can apologise for that poo poo.

Apparently abusive shitlord also wrote to the boss and threatened the boss with a load of poo poo too but the boss won't immediately fire him (???), the boss believes in talking face to face with everyone first.

This also speaks to something shadier behind the scenes and again, she'd be better leaving.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

How you managed to forget the dildo brothers, two oligarchs hellbent on causing pain and emotional turmoil on a historically working class London community, is beyond me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: I think he’s beaten by Tim Farron between l’enclume taking over Cartmel and the other hotels

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

It's the phone number to the White House.

I think the idea that we have a phone number gives us more agency than is strictly true

There's a phone that we answer.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

There were a couple of split trees on my way to work and I think a bunch of people had been calling out pre-emptive tree surgeons? Because there were also a bunch of people who were having trees cut right back or had previously done it in the last couple of days.

If you know the tree's dead or that it's got weaknesses, and then a storm comes and your tree's got a branch jutting out of next doors roof, it becomes a matter of liability and reasonable foresight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

99.99999999999999% he is a Rangers fan.

This is slander.

Might be Hearts.