Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I should probably watch The Watch just because it seems stupid to comment on people's complaints when I haven't, but if I do, I'll try not to let myself think it's bad just cos it's not like the books. If it's bad just cos it's bad, that's fine, a lot of bad things exist

I thought it was bad because it was too much like the books; well, too many of the books at once.

I don't know if they'll make more - the last episode did have sequel hooks - but by raiding plot points from everywhere they'll have to raid more plot points to fill those holes when they get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

That article isn't particularly helpful without a view of what the cars see when they think they can get through.

As it is you just think "those idiots with no depth perception shouldn't be on the road!"

(I am also an idiot with no depth perception, but I know this and don't drive.)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Jedit posted:

"LOL, everyone's got a David Brent in their office, it's so clever!"

If you find someone saying this, they probably are a David Brent.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Please no-one answer that question.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

What did Crabtree ever do to deserve being lumped in with this lot?!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

I propose arming Nazi groups by giving them one bullet at a time, delivered at muzzle velocity.

:)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Also you can just search his tenure as DPP to unearth any vaguely left-wing tendencies.

Oh, he frequently let off cops and threw the book at gays? Oh well.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure if it is funnier if it's sincere, a joke, or a psyop tbh.

Putin has tired of this thread defying him and has sent this Trojan horse to destroy us.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

Christ just buy a fleshlight already

It is a fleshlight.

Just attached to a mannequin also made of the same stuff.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Looks like XKCD has a rival on the horizon!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Apraxin posted:

i remember seeing her get intp a twitter argument a few years back because she'd said something along the lines of 'when speaking to a child, always assume they are lying to you', and when people pushed back she told them that they were failing to understand that children are infected with Original Sin. just complete, harmful insanity, so of course she's only gone up in the world since then.
https://twitter.com/Miss_Snuffy/status/1193576793867005952

"Every child I've ever spoken to has lied constantly during our interactions" is telling on yourself to the same extent as Shapiro et al claiming women definitely don't enjoy sex with anyone.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Again if you asked me whether in the case of a hypothetical invasion of the UK, whether or not I would rather the UK just lost or got turned into a perpetual warzone for the entertainment of US arms manufacturers, I think i would probably pick the former to be honest.

You'd really pick the scenario where the trodden-down British are crushed under the jackboot of an arrogant, out-of-touch elite with only their own, alien interests at heart?

Oh, no, wait I'm just describing a(n extremely) normal Tuesday again, aren't I?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Apparently the "committee" that manages the shared ownership of the communal gardens in our street is v. keen on having a Jubilee party this year.

My desire for Brenda to cark it has only increased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

I mean, man is it on brand for Liz Truss to have critically failed a diplomacy check so badly it starts a nuclear war, but the idea that Putin listened to her vacuous threats and was either a)actually intimidated or b)felt that he should be intimidated is utterly ridiculous.