Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/libby_brooks/status/1488537275055095812?t=di33Ka38G2U63UYMhz5iRw&s=19

One of the big stories in Scotland today has been this: Raith Rovers have lost both their home & away kit sponsors, I believe 2 members of their board, the supporters liason officer, they won't even have ball boys at their next match.

For those unfamiliar, the Procurator Fiscal decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute so the survivor took the case to civil court & won 6 figures (I think £50k from each of the rapists).

I think reform & rehabilitation have to be at the core of a justice system & Goodwillie hasn't shown a jot of remorse or even accepted that he did anything wrong.

It's a horrible story & Raith seem.to have done themselves possible long-term damage with not just sponsors but also a lot of fans talking about not going back

as a dundee utd fan gently caress this utter cunrt, he's an utter PoS. Ill take a 6 or 12 cause fk him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

dp

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not even sure it qualifies as a scam considering that everyone involved seemed to have the level of awareness that gets honestly shocked when finding out that sponsoring a flower bed at the local park doesn't mean that they can turn it into a deep shaft mine.

Oh I like that, highlights right clicks and copy, my joke now :D

And yeah people are pissed enough at the party stuff and a copy of the scum left out in the waiting area and some gentle proding has got a few more backs up amongst those that would normaly be lining up to give boris a sloppy one in part of my customer base these ones >>>> Previously the middle class (in which I include ex working class small business owners fuelled politically by spite) ty Bobby.

Last year these types where all ooh its nicolas fault fking snp, seems the (brain)worms are dying off a wee bit.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

jimmy carr is an unfunnty oval office much like rick grevias, the office was poo poo and carrs been uterly wank since he got on tv and most likely before as well.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Red Oktober posted:

I'm pretty much 100% cast iron, due to finding a great le creuset offer on in Debenhams when I was 25 and figuring this would be a good investment. They work brilliantly with cast iron.

oooooooh this is good news

deano
Sep 6, 2000

libs gonna lib

Dabir posted:

Thanks for posting shitheads' propaganda without commentary I guess?
same poo poo new day, im just suprised they are trying this poo poo up here.

deano fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 7, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

least theres no booze over there she might actaully make sense for a change.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Desiderata posted:

This is insanely good, lol that owns.

Seriously, I feel nothing anymore.

made yer bed, now sleep in it, loving useless oval office

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If I had a time machine then sure, I'd buy all the bitcoin I could and cash out before the first big scams and rugpulls.

But at the time, the chances of you hanging on until it was valuable enough to cash out for millions, but also not become an obsessive hodler, and also avoiding the cratering of the first big exchanges, is astronomically unlikely. You really didn't miss out, because most people weren't on the winning side of the scam.

bingo

deano
Sep 6, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfNzZ7hkRY
stupid loving oval office

deano fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 9, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

crispix posted:

more like cressida WILLY!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

Creasing my self to this

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Oops

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

https://twitter.com/ianvisits/status/1495359773889470468

Well that's just kinda depressing.

These American Candy shops have to be a front, right? There's hundreds of them in Glasgow, in pretty prime locations, they're never busy so I've no idea how they afford to stay open.

ill take what is money laundering for $5 alex

deano
Sep 6, 2000

HopperUK posted:

The chippie on the corner - every few years it closes down, gets gutted, all equipment removed, then reopens shortly after as another, slightly rearranged chippie, like the counter is the other way round, but it's always the same guys in there. And they only take cash. Definitely money laundering right?

can run for 2 years as a limited company and then fold, no paperwork needs to be submitted.

just tax dodge i would guess, launderys will keep going aslong as possible till tagged

deano fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 20, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

bump_fn posted:

for dumb ppl what does this mean

set up a company, do your poo poo and bail before 2 years hmrc wont require anything afaik
then set up again diffrent director same shop and go again.

im sure someone will correct me but thats a simple one, before you get to hidibng stuff offshore or booking profits in another country etc

deano fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

happyhippy posted:

Health and Safety dodging I think.
There is a chinese two streets away from myself here, and they change name every 6-12 months.

Health and safety wont let that pass same place same problems is gonna get shut down