Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Last month's thread title was an all-timer, I'm sad to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Have we finally seen Peak Sp!ked?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The Guardian has hired some racist Daily Mail shitraker, continuing it's descent into being nothing but appeals to give them money, but this leaked fact about the current editor is extremely funny:

https://twitter.com/RivkahBrown/status/1489652928784838657?t=RPs4Z0JDtxN7lwARZQq6Ng&s=19

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

He's fairly transparently said she can do whatever she wants to the BBC so long as she unconditionally supports him, which is a little funny.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Getting a new computer and finding all your old games suddenly played well but still not even one single game you bought new would go above 10fps.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Oh come on Alastair you're doing it on purpose now

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Not to say the obvious, but the credit should go to the people who called him a piece of poo poo for it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

If I hadn't already left the Labour party that dogshit article would be enough to get me to. Aside from anything else it's pathetic mealy-mouthed apologia for Iraq.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Labour data breach sufferers: was there any more specific "your data is stolen" email than the "Notification of data incident" on the 3rd November last year?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

We've sort of inadvertently made it seem like the US's allies might be engaging in any kind of police reform at all, so naturally the US media has to come out swinging.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

wurrance telephene strikes again

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Amusing to see the SNP mooting women-only train carriages and getting at worst a lukewarm reception. As a Corbyn policy it somehow faced a fierce backlash twice over.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Well, go on then. do not under any circumstances "go on"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Danger - Octopus! posted:

From that, it sounds like on day 11 after the first positive test, assuming I continue to feel fine then I can do normal stuff even if I continue to test positive.

Yeah, the idea is that if you're still testing positive after ten days and don't have symptoms then it's just dead virus material floating about in your sinuses and you aren't contagious any more. iirc you're then liberated from having to take tests for 90 days(?) but I can't find confirmation of that for Scotland.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Have they actually announced a change in the rules? I thought it was just the typical weather balloon going up to see how mad people would be.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

New season of Doctor Who looks good

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

notaspy posted:

What causes the retrograde spike on the downward edge?

The bricks

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Quite fun listening to the plane guy basically freak out at having gone viral on the day ITV were doing a profile on him.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The last a320 to land, from Jersey, had been circling over South London for over an hour and would probably have had to divert otherwise, to give some insight into how eager the pilot was to get it down.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There's got to be a way to make this about the old-style dustbins.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Won't link it but the Sun is reporting that Geronimo now has grandchildren and they're out for revenge on Keith, Jaws 4-style.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

https://twitter.com/ianvisits/status/1495359773889470468

Well that's just kinda depressing.

These American Candy shops have to be a front, right? There's hundreds of them in Glasgow, in pretty prime locations, they're never busy so I've no idea how they afford to stay open.

According to this reddit link to a private eye article in the replies, it's all about money laundering and/or drug dealing. That said, according to the discussion in the reddit comments, every single apparently profitable form of high street shop is a front for money laundering and/or drug dealing. Except bookies, where presumably the scam is too surface-level.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

forkboy84 posted:

I thought the Fixed Odds Betting Terminals in the bookies were really good for money laundering? Or am I a decade out of date her? I probably am

Idk if it's changed but that's what I meant, there's no need to accuse a bookies of being a front for money laundering when there may as well be a "come launder your money here" sign hanging in the window.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Lovely as it is to think Dylan Moran and Colm Meaney and Margaret Atwood are pleasant people, the joy here is less in that and more just in seeing straightforward responses to these questions that the journalists asking them are always at pains to exclude.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm increasingly of the opinion that liberal democracy is pretty dumb and we should try something else, tbh

It's certainly proved incapable of fending off the acid decay of capitalism, but then there was that one bloke who warned us that'd be the case.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The Libs wanted blood in all those conflicts that made no sense whatsoever, the prospect of a war with the faintest scent of ambiguity over how terrible an idea it is has caused a feeding frenzy. Stephen Pollard is calling for the head of Ed Miliband.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

And if he can write this well with one hand imagine what he can do with two!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"milk wanker"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"unguarded" definitely a euphemism there

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Only Kindness posted:

War?

Russia: has McDonald's

Ukraine: has McDonald's

:thunk:

Beginning to think this tiger-repelling rock was a waste of money.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ThomasPaine posted:

A very tiny part of me feels kinda sorry for the handful of edgy right wing teenagers who keep getting buttered up by the reactionary media. We all had our dumbass Exceptionally Wrong phases back in the day but while were mostly allowed to forget it they never will. Social media is one part of this, but they're actually being courted and made to feel as if they're respected, serious political commentators by ideologically driven outlets desperate for young people who'll push the right line. They have no idea how little anyone outside of that tiny bubble takes them seriously. When they get a few years behind them and realise how dumb they've been being it's going to be brutally humiliating for them to look back on it all and realise how silly they actually looked and how nakedly they were being cynically lied to and exploited.

Lol, Tom Harwood gets paid to do some ludicrous morning show on GB News now, I don't think he regrets a thing. And he got his start in the most literal and specific way possible, doing this:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Yeah, Harwood was the one with connections to get himself on every major news channel with his campaign to become NUS president that received <5% of the votes. Craftywank Grimes is the one who was out in the cold for a while but they seem to have taken him back in.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Labour MP is right.

Most of them, yeah.

e: not a russia thing just sayin lol

josh04 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 24, 2022

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is not going to stop anything - the trashfuture hosts are all verified, and Nate's entire feed is usually just him calling journalists idiots.

Pretty sure all of England's finest QCs working in concert have failed to learn the true identity of "Nate" "Bethea"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Liz Truss just said she's happy for British people to go to Ukraine and volunteer. Seem to remember this being an issue for the people who joined the international brigades in Kurdistan.

Has Erdogan indicated one way or the other yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Home-grown hero Oz Katerji is really having a moment

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1498234804722147332