Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Just came into my head there, what about Eurovision this year and Ukraine?
So I did some googling, and there is a story here if you want to read about this years entry.
They only confirmed the group 2 DAYS ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2022

And for the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqgjD_SNss

Can see this getting all 12s just as a gently caress you to Russia.

Ukraine asks EBU to ban Russia from Eurovision and suspend its membership from the broadcasting union

Belarus is no longer allowed to compete at Eurovision, so Russia wouldn't even be the first. I expect some wags would say "the UK should be banned for having boring songs" or "every country should be banned" or something.

Edit: and I don't know about "all 12s", but from what I can tell, the Ukrainian song seems to be fairly popular on its own merits. I like it. I wish the UK would send something more folk music based, but we're probably going to send something like an unremarkable Dua Lipa impersonation.

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Quite funny that some people unquestioningly believe the dumb propaganda put out by Putin's government over the past twenty years.

"This Russian source said he's a powerful and brave warrior, it must be true!"

I mean, all the political cartoons seem to be using those "look what a rugged man of the outdoors he is" topless pictures from a decade and a half ago as a reference.