Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bug Squash posted:

I don't think anyone who is transphobic or liable to complain about gender swaps would go anywhere close to a Discworld property.

Didn't the TERF crowd already have a run up on Discworld by claiming that the way magic is handled in it means that Sir Terry was sympathetic to their cause? It took his daughter yelling at them for them to move on iirc. One of those moments where you can't possibly convey how stupid people are being because they just have no conception of how insanely wrong about every single thing they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That specific bollard setup has shown up on World Bollard Association's twitter a few times by now. Bollards are great, if the signage there isn't up to snuff put in some rumble strips or something. If they get taken down I hope lorries keep them up all night ripping up their roads with all the extra weight

Conflict of interest report - I like to take long walks and live in a US city so my relationship to motor vehicles is basically that it's warfare and bollards are one of the few comrades I have

Mr Phillby posted:

Isn't the point of these things to force drivers to slow down?

Designing a self driving car that can navigate these things with maximum efficiency is like designing a car that can jump over speedbumps to avoid slowing sown.

Tesla is literally programming their self-driving systems to break laws in exactly this way lol.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do they have a newsletter?

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1485701877396295681

*Daytona USA voice* ROOOOOOLLIIIIIIINGGGGG STOOOP

I think that's just one example of them programming to allow the sort of law breaking people are used to instead of, well, anything that would make cars being actually autonomous possible. Pure lifestyle poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Call me crazy but I feel like if privatization schemes were capable on delivering on some vague promise of solving inequality and poverty, it would've done so on Earth already where even the water is privately owned.

In fact I feel like somebody already nailed down what enclosure is, its likely future course, and the implications therein quite a long time ago, I wonder why nobody has tried using the stuff he talked about as the basis for one of these articles :thunk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What happens to the corgis when the Queen kicks it? Are they entombed with her or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Wait, if you burned bales of weed at the right points, could you turn the entire Bristol channel into a bong?