Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

willie_dee posted:

https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1488607668013084675?s=21

Is it not worth going on the attack to the point you promise life in jail for this kind of negligent wastage and counter lie the Saville stuff by saying Boris has stolen it from the uk tax payer

I'm not sure at what point I gave up hope, but this reminded me that yeah, I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I saw a thing (which I can no longer find) saying that the problem with Corbyn + Stop the War is that the map they were using in their backdrops shows Crimea as part of Russia, and therefore Corbyn/StW is cherry picking, completely disingenuous etc etc

I am not very well versed on StW vs. general Melt ideology, but I was wondering what the UKMT view on this was. I am an uneducated leftist trying to be a better educated and more useful leftist.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

happyhippy posted:

So we can assume the timeline went:

*garden pic released*
Boris: that was a work event!
*xmas party pic released*
Boris: I was not at any xmas party.
*pic come out where boris is quiz master*
Boris: I was not AT that xmas party.
*Inquiry called for, and started*
*MET asked to investigate*
Boris: Cressendra pal, do us a favour.
Dick: The MET finds no evidence to start an investigation.
Boris: Thanks Cress *wink*
*Gray Inquiry actually investigates and finds damning evidence*
Gray: About to release it in 5...4...3...
Dick: poo poo HOLD UP NOW WE NEED TO INVESTIGATE!
Dick + MET: Oh poo poo what do we do, we said there was nothing but now there is.
*pic showing boris, bottle of bubbly and tinsel*
Dick: Boris, what do we do here?
Boris: Sorry but there is no one here called that. Please leave your name and message after the tone.

I think the timeline ends with ‘step down, dead cat, you’re gonna get that peerage eh eh heh heh’

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Lady Dick?

Wasn’t sure if that joke was probe-worthy :v:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
The only thing I have to offer to the Russia / Ukraine chat is my Ukrainian colleague’s insights.

He says that generally the mood is upbeat. At a national level most people seem to think it’s the usual sabre rattling and they’re unconcerned. They do not believe an invasion will take place.

He says he has some friends who have moved west from Kyev. Others are unbothered.

Anecdotes don’t equal evidence, I guess, but they’re closer to it all than I/we are.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Who earns net income 3.2k; with pension and student loan that's like 55k.

Seems a bit high for an average.

If it's an average (as opposed to a median) than yeah, I can see how all the fintechbros and management wankers consultants and banker scum drive that figure up.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Welp. Just got an email from OVO. Looks like my bill will go up by about 50% from April. An extra £600 quid/year by their calculation.

Time to turn the central heating off and buy a dehumidifier.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Literally seconds after you posted that I got a price notification that the Zambezi is at its lowest price ever for a new unit.

Not the best dehumidifier for summer, because it does heat the air a bit more than a compressor based one, but great for the rest of the year (and saving on heating) for the same reason.

This also sounds good.

Argos are also having a clearance of a very well reviewed compressor humidifier: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8833578?clickSR=slp:term:dehumidifier:9:9:1

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

crispix posted:

yeah he's not keen on the existence of the baltic states either

Today is Estonia's Independence Day.

My Estonian friend assures me they're all aware of the bitter irony.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Thanks for this tipoff, I ordered one on my store card. I find that damp air makes me cough and feel miserable and we certainly do need to cut down our energy bills going forward so fingers crossed.

The distribution model that Argos use means I can’t get one, ironically; not delivering to SW17.

They’re delivering to my sister in Kent but of course she’s away for a bit so I guess after all that I’m not getting it. Can’t get it sent to her because she won’t be around to receive it.

I’m grateful that my profession (UX) is well enough paid ‘thanks’ to the pandemic that I can just about afford the hike, but I’d hoped to soften the blow a bit. I imagine they’re going to get very very expensive soon between supply chain fuckups and chip shortages.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Not being funny but I live near St Albans if you want to get it sent to me and then come and get it. I can stick it in my living room or something.

Thank you. I'm carless so it makes it tricky, but I'll chat to my wife and we'll see. Trains are a potential option.

UK Goons Best Goons.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Desiderata posted:

In work today management were openly bragging about a plan to try to hire as many Ukrainian refugee software developers as they can, with both open glee hoping to solve their hiring backlog and a palpable insistence that they were heroically doing great charity work in making such a sacrifice.

I didn’t think my faith in humanity the capitalist scumbag class had anything left to be eroded but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Red Oktober posted:

To puuutttt another (7th? who knows....) unboorrrnnn in a WOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMBBBBBB.

*TAILGUNNER plays as we toast Boris with our warm pints*