Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Yeah but like who used that.

I'm sticking with Friendster as the social media genesis as I'm a decrepit hipster and remember the summer when every Glasgow scene kid used it.

Local dialup BBSs were totally social media, just not yet industrialized. Cottage industry social media, sure, but definitely social media. What they were not were the mass advertising and telemetry platforms that modern social media is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I associate a boring English voice with posh.

Does 'posh' not just mean 'rich oval office'?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

would you want to be written off as 'done' because your 'neuroplasticity' is reduced?

I mean, my cutoff is 65 but yes please.