Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
Defeated in a war with China and becomes fully fascist

Or takes the steps needed to save the republic: notably a crushing of religion and banning on children as private property of the parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Fritz the Horse posted:

Huh? What do you mean by this

Banning homeschooling would be a start, but ultimately the next generation must be indoctrinated to republican values, citizens must always belong to the state, rather than pre-modern kinship groups. Do you really want trump voters raising new generations of trump voters? Breaking that chain is an unfinished step in completing America's Civil War.

quarantinethepast posted:

I don't think religion is the whole problem. There are and have been religious people that fought on the side of justice like MLK or Malcolm X, John Brown, Nat Turner. Look at black and latino communities and you will see a lot of deeply Christian (and Muslim) people that have their faith without the hate. How often do rappers invoke their faith, quite a lot, you can go all the way back to the slave spirituals. Religion has been intertwined with black culture and civil rights.

John Brown was part of a line of puritan radicals, they would be anti-theists if they lived today. Ideas like eternal life, and non-materiality are anti-democratic. You are an animal with no intrinsic value. Death destroys you. These must be the foundation of any rational state.

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 4, 2022

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

John Brown would not be an "anti-theist" are you loving kidding me lmao

Puritans in the US literally became deists and atheists. Their belief was based on a pre-modern messianism, with modernity we have the power to create that new Jerusalem here, universally, for all.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Public schooling is downward-mobility training imposed by the cognitive elite, who exclusively send their children to private schools, on everyone else. Homeschooling is one way people try to escape this system. Citizens belonging to the state is just boring old fascism.

my kid will deffo become a doctor if i homeschool them, so they dont learn about things like gender

also citizens being members of a state, belonging to it and making it up, is just republicanism. I actually don't think many Americans are okay with True Republicanism and would prefer a quasi feudal system with noble rights and privileges.

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 4, 2022

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

quarantinethepast posted:

Plato's republic has little to do with republicanism as defined in a modern sense, and it's actually describing a totalitarian society.

What you're feeling is fear, instinct. It is the force that ripped apart bands of homo sapians each time they got too close to centralized authority, the force that prevented true cooperation until 5 short millennia ago.

We are at another moment like that right now.