Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SA-Anon
Sep 15, 2019
I think climate change will be survivable.

However...

1.) This will greatly effect the U.S. dollar and you will see a decline as a petro-backed dollar will slowly disappear.

2.) US Markets are going to decline as the world becomes less energy and petrochemical dependent upon the U.S.
(While we do have oil and gas, we do not have proximity to the major EU or Asian marets)

3.) The world isn't going to want to invest in the U.S., because of the insanity.

4.) At some point the world is going to want the debt that is owed to them because the U.S. government and American populace has a tendency to spend money friviously.

4.) US population will begin to go negative. Poplation growth (births + immigration) is 0.6%.
People are not having children because the housing and healthcare situation is frankly laughable

However, I do hold out some hope...
1.) The boomers will eventually die-off. (And covid helps remove some of the anti-vaxxers)
2.) Some of the young republicans today actually care about the climate.
3.) More and more younger generations are leaving religion.
4.) More younger people seem to be having more empathy for their local communities.
5.) Younger generations recognize the advantages of universal healthcare and free college (and trade school) education

While I recognize things will probably continue to get worse in the interim...
I think there is hopef for the future.

However...

The 2024 election and 2024-2028 years as well as how local states manage their laws, will probably be the deciding factor for the path ahead.
IMO, Biden should not see a second term (but he should pack the justice department.) Also I don't think Kamala Harris has enough interest to win the presidency. But we'll see. I want the party to field someone, who has enough interest to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU