Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmfao

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1496221248749252609?t=iXa0lnyiJyDAMiYDx4tYLQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if ed miliband was here he'd already have nationalised lukaku

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

its alright boris, zinchenkos going to beat up all russians for you

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

quote:

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has suggested he may not be the right man to manage the club.

Spurs lost for the fourth time in five Premier League games as Ben Mee's 71st-minute header boosted Burnley's battle against relegation.

At the final whistle, a disappointed Conte, 52, headed straight to the dressing room on his own.

And he said: "I came here to help the club and if the problem could be the coach I'm ready to go, no problem."

"I am not used to this situation. I am trying everything but the situation is not changing. I am available and open with the club to do what the club wants.

quote:

But with Spurs in eighth place and seven points off fourth, his future is now uncertain.

When asked specifically by another media outlet whether he would still be in charge for Saturday's game at Leeds, Conte walked away from the interview without answering the question.

"In the last five games, we are playing like we are in relegation [trouble]," he said. "This is the reality. Maybe there is something wrong.

"I want to take responsibility. If I have that, I'm open for every decision. I have ambition, I hate to lose. To take my salary, it is not right at this moment.

"I want to help Tottenham, from the first day I arrive, but four defeats in five... This is the first time in my life this type of situation has happened.

"At the moment we could finish 10th, 12th, 13th. We could finish in the same position as when I arrived here."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60501859

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 24, 2022

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Conte at Spurs has been incredibly entertaining tbh.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Should've kept Mason and saved a gazillion dollars in severance packages and poo poo signing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol, I love how transparent Conte is about having come to Tottenham 100% for the money and wanting sacked ASAP

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
At least he really enjoyed beating Pep.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Conte just swinging from one extreme to the other every interview huh. Good stuff

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Easy, fine Conte's wages or until they win again

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
well Conte if that is your view then loving quit already and stop taking the salary instead of waiting to be sacked with a severance??? sounds like maybe he isn't being wholly sincere?????

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Conte should continue taking as much money as possible while taking every opportunity in Italian and English media to say that spurs are a clown club since at this point the fans mostly agree with him

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmao lol name one person who could do better with this godawful embarrassing Spurs side? They’ve had one striker for like 4 years.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is there any way we could program a computer to say both "looks like those clowns at tottenham did it again, what a bunch of clowns" but also "please run about a bit" at random intervals and would it be more expensive than hiring martin jol back

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The Italians know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhuIV-Nptw

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

Conte should continue taking as much money as possible while taking every opportunity in Italian and English media to say that spurs are a clown club since at this point the fans mostly agree with him

This is God’s honest truth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/james_corbett/status/1496964532152922126

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Every opportunity to quote this.

Arsenal win again :unsmith:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yes what?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Yes what?

Jose is looking for any glimmer of hope that Newcastle can avoid relegation, up to and including WW3

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I don't think Everton need any help being relegated tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
frank lampard is going to solve the ukraine crisis so that everton can spend money again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

Jose is looking for any glimmer of hope that Newcastle can avoid relegation, up to and including WW3

lads I would like to say that if we all die in a nuclear wasteland I'm glad that I spent twenty years on this dead gay forum laughing at liverpool selling fernando torres so that they could buy andy carroll for thirty-five-million-and-twelve-thousand pounds instead of learning or discovering anything or trying to help someone in need

I die warmed by both the radioactive winds but also by the knowledge that newcastle were always bad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lads I would like to say that if we all die in a nuclear wasteland I'm glad that I spent twenty years on this dead gay forum laughing at liverpool selling fernando torres so that they could buy andy carroll for thirty-five-million-and-twelve-thousand pounds instead of learning or discovering anything or trying to help someone in need

I die warmed by both the radioactive winds but also by the knowledge that newcastle were always bad

the lone wanderer in the post-nuclear wasteland. He travels from settlement to settlement, where people eke out a living among the harsh new world. But even in death, there is life and hope. Humanity was shattered by the bombs, but even after days of back-breaking labour sowing crops and harvesting supplies from the irradiated ruins, people still need to laugh, to feel cheer and joy. The lone wanderer brings them that. There are tales of a traveling Shakespeare troupe somewhere far away, maybe even across the oceans, where we used to fly to visit distant lands, but which are now strewn with abandoned wrecks and ruins. Here, there is no such thing. Here, we only have the lone wanderer. When he arrives at the outskirts of our humble villages, when he walks past the doors of our hovels, the children flock to him and cheer his arrival. He marks the arrival of hope, and of the oral tradition, the stories that keep us going and give us something to smile about between our heartbreak and our loss.

He sits down in the middle of town. We gather. We can see his grizzled face, worn down by the years of hard travel, but still we can see a gleam in his eye, a little twinkle that keeps him going. We slowly sit to hear him tell his tales, and as usual he first brings us news from the other settlements. We nod along. No bad news today. But the children crowding the front row get impatient and start to clamour. No one can tell what they're saying, they are so excited and shouting over each other. He shushes them to try and decipher their cries, and finally their voices quiet to just one or two shouts. "Tell us the one about Kevin Keegan!" "No, I want to hear about the fat Spanish waiter!" The lone wanderer smiles, and begins to speak.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Same

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

pooshited

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The world will be cleansed by nuclear fire before man city win the champions league and hell, I can't wait

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

The world will be cleansed by nuclear fire before man city win the champions league and hell, I can't wait

Same tbh. Genuinely tired of this whack rear end planet and the people that inhabit it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

pooshited

and on the pedestal
these words appear
INTERTOTO CUP WINNERS 1996
nothing beside remains

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bape Culture posted:

Same tbh. Genuinely tired of this whack rear end planet and the people that inhabit it

Me too.

But dude, what's up with that avatar?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I am not a fan of Irish travellers which makes dipshit Americans very very mad and also makes me literally hitler. Oh well

Really wish it was a better prem game this evening ffs

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

Eric Cantonese posted:

Me too.

But dude, what's up with that avatar?

his rap sheet is full of probations and bans for racism op, hth

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

nawilo_420 posted:

his rap sheet is full of probations and bans for racism op, hth

You’re a rereg I’m not sure you’re allowed to laugh at other’s rapsheets

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

Sandwolf posted:

You’re a rereg I’m not sure you’re allowed to laugh at other’s rapsheets

i'm definitely not laughing op

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

vyelkin posted:

the lone wanderer in the post-nuclear wasteland. He travels from settlement to settlement, where people eke out a living among the harsh new world. But even in death, there is life and hope. Humanity was shattered by the bombs, but even after days of back-breaking labour sowing crops and harvesting supplies from the irradiated ruins, people still need to laugh, to feel cheer and joy. The lone wanderer brings them that. There are tales of a traveling Shakespeare troupe somewhere far away, maybe even across the oceans, where we used to fly to visit distant lands, but which are now strewn with abandoned wrecks and ruins. Here, there is no such thing. Here, we only have the lone wanderer. When he arrives at the outskirts of our humble villages, when he walks past the doors of our hovels, the children flock to him and cheer his arrival. He marks the arrival of hope, and of the oral tradition, the stories that keep us going and give us something to smile about between our heartbreak and our loss.

He sits down in the middle of town. We gather. We can see his grizzled face, worn down by the years of hard travel, but still we can see a gleam in his eye, a little twinkle that keeps him going. We slowly sit to hear him tell his tales, and as usual he first brings us news from the other settlements. We nod along. No bad news today. But the children crowding the front row get impatient and start to clamour. No one can tell what they're saying, they are so excited and shouting over each other. He shushes them to try and decipher their cries, and finally their voices quiet to just one or two shouts. "Tell us the one about Kevin Keegan!" "No, I want to hear about the fat Spanish waiter!" The lone wanderer smiles, and begins to speak.
Parklife.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

Parklife.

This is a shameful parklife.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
mods rename me
tiny gay child who wants to hear the one about kevin keegan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

blue footed boobie posted:

This is a shameful parklife.

:hmmyes:

Not even an Arsenal fan post ffs

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Newcastle getting relegated would be lovely, but even if they do they'll still be Saudiing their way to the champions league in a couple of years.

Therefore I've decided I'd much rather Frank Lampard relegate Everton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Simiain posted:

Newcastle getting relegated would be lovely, but even if they do they'll still be Saudiing their way to the champions league in a couple of years.

Therefore I've decided I'd much rather Frank Lampard relegate Everton.
you can wish for two things at once friend