Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which way does your dog spin
Clockwise
Counterclockwise
My dog has no legs
View Results

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
viewed from the top when my dog sits down she spins counter clockwise. i don't know what influences the spin of a dog whether it's due to the coriolis effect or if dogs have a spin integer but i want answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

a dog should either point north or at the nearest duck, happy to help OP

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

a dog should either point north or at the nearest duck, happy to help OP

yeah dogs typically align with the magnetic field of the Earth. Like compass needles, if they are spinning something is out of whack.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Why did the dog roll down the hill?
Because it had no legs.

Where do you find a dog with no legs?
Right where you left him.

What do you call a dog with no legs?
Doesn't matter, he won't come when you call.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a dog always spins dogwise, from the standpoint of dog

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I do not understand what a direction is

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My dog spins both ways OP. Should have made a checkbox poll.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Weka posted:

My dog spins both ways OP. Should have made a checkbox poll.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
sorry you only got the base dog package and not the dual motor version

you’ll know next time

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

My dog-like cat spins clockwise. She has to think no one is watching before going hog wild though.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Forgot to mention, my dog also spins along her longest axis, like a barrel roll. Probably other ways but I've been drinking all day.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no dog does a barrel roll, how the gently caress would they sit. does your dog sit in the 4th dimension

Weka
May 5, 2019

She rolls over onto her back and keeps going and then BAM she's in a sitting position.
Edit: like a barrel roll.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Weka
May 5, 2019

She's done that one but I don't think on purpose

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Don't have a current doggo but the ones I knew always went clockwise, spinning 3-4 times before laying down in a dog bed as if they were brushing leaves aside or something. They probably learned the behavior from each other.

Also I read on a website once that most cats prefer to attack with the left paw but that could easily be internet garbage information. Maybe certain animals do have a right/left encoded preference, who knows

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's clockwise, which is incorrect

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They're seeking out magnetic north so they can align their chakras

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

After 24 hours to think about it, I don't think that spin is the right word, for a dog that is just sitting down. Spinning needs some spice, its got to be fast, like a dog (or my cat) chasing its tail.

Ask a little kid (which is the same as a dog) to spin. They will whip around as fast as possible. Getting comfy before laying down should be called turning in a circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

My dog spins towards Mecca, five times a day.

A good dog.