Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
This is a thread for posting about when video games let you make things. Show off things you've made and give or ask for recommendations on what games are best for letting you make stuff. Post your cool OCs, self inserts, sliders-at-max abominations, or whatever, and all the pages and pages of pointless lore you wrote for them.

Dragon's Dogma isn't my favourite game to play, and in all honestly I'm not really a fan of / very terrible at action RPGs, but it has a surprisingly in depth character creator, and it lets you create and share your own characters for others to download and adventure with too. The selection of clothing in this game isn't great if you're just buying it as a dress up sim with combat as a side, but it's got the best range of body customization in any RPG I've ever played!

Here's the last character I made with a regular, height slider not set to maximum NPC on the right for comparison. The larger you are in this game the more you can carry, so it's actually optimal to be as huge as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Good idea for a thread, will definitely be posting some of my soulsborne and saint's row characters later.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Game: Super Mega Baseball 3 (demo)

Closest I could get, but I liked it.

Wondering about what the team name should be.

-----

Game: Warframe (circa 2019)

I wanted something garish, so...

And then I extended the Nuclear Popsicle look to my character:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Super Mega Baseball 3 has an awesome character and team creator

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A tale of two Rains

This Rain will get to the bottom of the Spooky Blood Town or become some Thing in the process

And this Rain has a Gundam.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
As an old man/hater - I hate character customization. I've probably started 100 Skyrim runs, and spent 10 minutes total poking at my argonian's browridges.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Black Desert Online absolutely sucks but the character creator is the best thing ever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I went nuts a while back and made several dozen models for Tower Unite. This isn't all of em but the ones I already had screenshots of on imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/CL5wQmm.mp4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grevlek posted:

As an old man/hater - I hate character customization. I've probably started 100 Skyrim runs, and spent 10 minutes total poking at my argonian's browridges.

To be fair, Skyrim has a near-abysmal character creator, in respect to making anyone super weird or crazy. Best you can do is use cool predefined hair and facial tattoos.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

To be fair, Skyrim has a near-abysmal character creator, in respect to making anyone super weird or crazy. Best you can do is use cool predefined hair and facial tattoos.

sure but i wouldn't do whatever the gently caress is going on in that post above yours either

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's art

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

A tale of two Rains

This Rain will get to the bottom of the Spooky Blood Town or become some Thing in the process

And this Rain has a Gundam.

daemon x machina! here's my character, the look i was going for was "extremely over it"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Posting to bookmark this thread because I like this idea and my computer is currently inaccessible.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

gave your thread a shoutout in the games chat thread, will post some of my frankly excellent characters later when i can get 2 my computer :cheers:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

im the prettiest

WoW has pretty great customisation options

rox
Sep 7, 2016

my tony hawk under ground cre8 a sk8tr.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

haha what posted:

my tony hawk under ground cre8 a sk8tr.

Sick nasty!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I went nuts a while back and made several dozen models for Tower Unite. This isn't all of em but the ones I already had screenshots of on imgur.

I look forward to future contributions from you in this thread.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Khanstant posted:

i thought i would give this thread a quick read before bed.

i dont wanna go to sleep now.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Very nice to see everyone'e creations, although the sausage centaurs might give me nightmares. They look like the animal I'd imagine hot dog meat comes from.

Pokemon Legends has some nice clothing options, although my favourite Pokemon game for clothing will always be Pokemon Y.

World's most powerful Galactic Grunt, Red Ranger, and a style I call "saving the world in my PJs".

A couple more of my Arisen from Dragon's Dogma. I never had much luck with the game's photo mode, but you can take some good screencaps during cutscenes if you're fast. Maybe I should replay it sometime...

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How many people make serious creations vs trying to monster factory it?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i go for cool first character, horrors on subsequent playthroughs

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Black Desert's character creator is very much a Duality of Man:

The game itself turned me off pretty fast, but I had fun with the character creator.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Felt bad the last two days, ended up playing a run of Dark Souls 1 again:

*Fashion*Souls*

practicality be damned, you're going to die in 2 hits anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005