Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just did a triple sneeze and I guess I'm gonna play more of that Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Same. I'm hungry but don't want to eat. I'm having an energy drink to hopefully get me to go to the store.

Also, Penny is licking my head..... as is tradition.

I love your cat so much

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Walrus posted:

yes. i don't know what to do with that info though. say hi?

I don't know, maybe just a place to show your progress. :shrug:

The Walrus posted:

nice. I'm actually hoping to play that sober to prove to myself I can still find joy in life without drugs.

it's winter or I'd go outside to try and find joy

I can't enjoy just about anything now without alcohol due to the crippling depression from bipolar, and the ECT I had from December to January didn't work. I like watching movies drunk even though I don't remember them. It's been 90 days today without alcohol but with one slip where I drank and smoked weed. I didn't really enjoy it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know, maybe just a place to show your progress. :shrug:

I can't enjoy just about anything now without alcohol due to the crippling depression from bipolar, and the ECT I had from December to January didn't work. I like watching movies drunk even though I don't remember them. It's been 90 days today without alcohol but with one slip where I drank and smoked weed. I didn't really enjoy it.

ya I just have no progress. I'll read it though maybe.

I'm sorry goon but I did not know you had stopped alcohol. I am very happy for you. That's a huge accomplishment that you should be proud of and not let your brain tell you isn't that big of a deal because it really is and it kicks rear end that you did it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Got a TB test about an hour ago. Get the results Saturday after work.
Currently taking my afternoon poop.
Going to take the leftover ramen broth and make wonton soup for dinner with it. Some edamame on the side.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
seriously the strength of will to keep carrying on not drinking even though your brain is telling you you will only ever be happy with it (untrue obviously) is very impressive

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Scored a negative COVID result. :hellyeah:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm glad you added some things to your shelves.

I had dinner at my folks and took my own car so back home by myself and going to play ff6 in my room before wife and kid get home. I've been rewatching just the first two seasons of boardwalk empire and about to finish s2 but will pause for a bit cuz it's about to get sad

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

its all nice on rice posted:

Got a TB test about an hour ago. Get the results Saturday after work.
Currently taking my afternoon poop.
Going to take the leftover ramen broth and make wonton soup for dinner with it. Some edamame on the side.

As in tubercolosis? That's almost exotic - but let's hope you don't have it, it sounds like a really boring treatment to deal with. Plus the whole "risk of dying" bit, I guess.

As for me, I baked a cake late in the evening (for work tomorrow, we do a rotating thing and it was my turn), and now it's 2:50 at night and I'm lying across the bed with my phone before going to sleep.

This has been a long day - a colleague defended her PhD thesis, and I'm kind of the tech support. Since we did a hybrid zoom/auditorium thing, it was crucial that everything worked, so I've been up way earlier than typical so I could be there well before it started. Didn't fall asleep eany earlier, though, so I've been slightly useless all day.

Thesis defenses here start with a "demonstrate that you can teach" trial lecture, a break, a short presentation of what you've done, a 60-90 minute round of questions from the first opponent, a short break, and then questions from second opponent. (Typically slightly shorter). Even though I was just sitting there listening, sporadically fixing small zoom things, and being prepared to step in, it was tiring enough. Our freshly created PhD looked completely knackered.

On the positive side, it looks like we're dropping most of the covid restrictions very soon - and it's Friday tomorrow. (Today, technically.)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Angry chicken (with bonus pork chop)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Planning for a wrestling tournament, dogs next to me, Ken Burns Civil War on TV.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Drinking straight tequila, working through today's iteration of mental unwellness, listening to music on a cute stereo.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm having a hot chocolate, making some food, and for the first time in my life I'm being on the backfoot with someone who makes me feel things I don't know.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went grocery shopping and picked up a bunch of stuff. Trying out chia seeds for my smoothies and muffins that I'm going to make. I have no idea why but I had a huge compelling to buy beer. So I did. I think the not eating and 3 energy drinks and one caffeinated water in a row got me too amped up and not thinking straight. Oh well, I know for a fact I won't go on a bender again so I'm not too worried about it. Just let it do it's thing and it'll be over with again.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Ken Burns Civil War on TV.

I don't think I've watched this yet but I think I downloaded it. If not, then I will.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Computer viking posted:

As in tubercolosis? That's almost exotic - but let's hope you don't have it, it sounds like a really boring treatment to deal with. Plus the whole "risk of dying" bit, I guess.

Yeah TB. I also have to get an HIV test. But this is all because we're adopting. Since the medical form for our dossier specifically mentions TB and AIDS, our doctor won't sign it unless we get test (ignoring the fact that it also says "chronic illness" and there are a million different tests we could do for those.)

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I went grocery shopping and picked up a bunch of stuff. Trying out chia seeds for my smoothies and muffins that I'm going to make. I have no idea why but I had a huge compelling to buy beer. So I did. I think the not eating and 3 energy drinks and one caffeinated water in a row got me too amped up and not thinking straight. Oh well, I know for a fact I won't go on a bender again so I'm not too worried about it. Just let it do it's thing and it'll be over with again.

I don't think I've watched this yet but I think I downloaded it. If not, then I will.

I would strongly recommend getting rid of that beer. once is a slip, twice in a week means you’re just drinking again. Maybe you’re drinking moderately and I wish you luck and genuinely hope it works out but imo you’re not going down a good road there and you’re definitely not sober at that point

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm currently on shift at a hotel as a front desk clerk. It's just me and 1 maid here, and she leaves at 9. It's pretty dull, and when hockey comes back apparently it gets crazy busy here. Dunno if that's worth 15 an hour. I got an offer for $20 an hour with a trucking company as a swamper, but they want 60 hours a week, 5 days a week. 1.5x overtime after 8 hours as usual, so the money would be good, but yuck that's a lot of work hours.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I would strongly recommend getting rid of that beer. once is a slip, twice in a week means you’re just drinking again. Maybe you’re drinking moderately and I wish you luck and genuinely hope it works out but imo you’re not going down a good road there and you’re definitely not sober at that point

I appreciate your concern but I don't think twice in two weeks is me "drinking again." Although yeah.... it's a slippery slope and one I don't want to go down. One of my biggest issues is beating the poo poo out of myself mercilessly and I'm trying not to do that. That'll just make things much much worse. I don't want to make it a big deal. It's just a thing that's happening and I'll be fine afterwards.

I want everyone in here to have to have a good day/night. :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I did a kettle bell workout then took a shower then had rice and steak and peppers for dinner. Sipping some blackberry citrus fizz water and snuggling my dogs on the couch. It's cold outside and we have the fireplace going. It's cozy.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I appreciate your concern but I don't think twice in two weeks is me "drinking again." Although yeah.... it's a slippery slope and one I don't want to go down. One of my biggest issues is beating the poo poo out of myself mercilessly and I'm trying not to do that. That'll just make things much much worse. I don't want to make it a big deal. It's just a thing that's happening and I'll be fine afterwards.

I want everyone in here to have to have a good day/night. :)

You as well! Hope everything goes okay. This kind of thing where you buy something at the store on an impulse has happened to me a couple times before as well. If it were me I would chuck it, or leave it out on the sidewalk and make someone else’s evening but it’s up to you

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 4, 2022

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A friend of mine is here sitting in my kitchen and we are both talking to another goon on speakerphone while we drink wine and I clean my kitchen. Also not changed out of pajamas all day. :)

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elephant Ambush posted:

I did a kettle bell workout then took a shower then had rice and steak and peppers for dinner. Sipping some blackberry citrus fizz water and snuggling my dogs on the couch. It's cold outside and we have the fireplace going. It's cozy.

sounds lovely

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got some new Eddie Bauer pajama bottoms from Costco a week or two ago, like 2 for $20 or so, and I never want to take them off. Also the 32 Degree Heat top and bottom base layers are great.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got some new Eddie Bauer pajama bottoms from Costco a week or two ago, like 2 for $20 or so, and I never want to take them off. Also the 32 Degree Heat top and bottom base layers are great.

nice. pajama twins :hfive: :shrug:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Trying to make and decide on an AV, got a couple of contenders but idk.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

After a long day of E-learning and snowblowing, I unintentionally started a Jesse Plemons marathon. First, I watched Jungle Cruise with my wife and kids. Then, after they went to bed I watched Antlers and I just cracked open an ice cold Mountain Dew and started watching I'm Thinking of Ending Things with my dog.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Gonna have a little coffee and rum and call a friend I haven't been able to see in two goddamn years.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Das Boo posted:

Gonna have a little coffee and rum and call a friend I haven't been able to see in two goddamn years.

Weird, I'm going to have some Pepsi and rum. I don't have any friends though, might call my brother. He hates when I call him, so I try to every chance I get.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

work in progress of a practice painting of the hundred acre woods which will probably end up on one of my kids walls

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

BONER X posted:

work in progress of a practice painting of the hundred acre woods which will probably end up on one of my kids walls

You are a good parent.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i love my kids a whole lot (:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

BONER X posted:

that's cool. murals seem overwhelming with all that space.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

might do some more details and shadows etc but this is basiclaly what its like

RoRz0r
Sep 7, 2010
I've just knocked off work and walking to the pub

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BONER X posted:

i love my kids a whole lot (:

The Mighty Moltres posted:

You are a good parent.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I am looking forward to home. I ordered a joint roller from the internet and it arrived just before work. I'm gonna have the cleanest rolls now, what a treat to come home to.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm drawing the attendees of a Salad Party

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i love them

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Now that's a salad I wanna toss.

I'm finalizing a grant request for a project I've been trying to get off the ground for two years. Probably going to be up all night working unpaid because this society is garbage and deserves to burn but the planet doesn't so here I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BONER X posted:

I realised something about the 100-acre wood a few years ago. 100 acres is about 0.4 miles by 0.4 miles or six blocks by six blocks. So all the places and events of the book take place in this tiny little forest which makes a lot of sense given it's about Christopher Robin and the adventures he has with his stuffed animals friends.

Had to math it out because I'm dumb as gently caress and can't work with anything but decimal units