Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Almost done with work. Everyone is loving up so it was a very long day! Then I’m going to the dog park and reading a good book I got called brief lives of idiots by ermanno cavazzoni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I went grocery shopping and picked up a bunch of stuff. Trying out chia seeds for my smoothies and muffins that I'm going to make. I have no idea why but I had a huge compelling to buy beer. So I did. I think the not eating and 3 energy drinks and one caffeinated water in a row got me too amped up and not thinking straight. Oh well, I know for a fact I won't go on a bender again so I'm not too worried about it. Just let it do it's thing and it'll be over with again.

I don't think I've watched this yet but I think I downloaded it. If not, then I will.

I would strongly recommend getting rid of that beer. once is a slip, twice in a week means you’re just drinking again. Maybe you’re drinking moderately and I wish you luck and genuinely hope it works out but imo you’re not going down a good road there and you’re definitely not sober at that point

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I appreciate your concern but I don't think twice in two weeks is me "drinking again." Although yeah.... it's a slippery slope and one I don't want to go down. One of my biggest issues is beating the poo poo out of myself mercilessly and I'm trying not to do that. That'll just make things much much worse. I don't want to make it a big deal. It's just a thing that's happening and I'll be fine afterwards.

I want everyone in here to have to have a good day/night. :)

You as well! Hope everything goes okay. This kind of thing where you buy something at the store on an impulse has happened to me a couple times before as well. If it were me I would chuck it, or leave it out on the sidewalk and make someone else’s evening but it’s up to you

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 4, 2022

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

From the context it’s some kind of drink.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

BONER X posted:

day and a half no cigarette i am watching The Tinder Swindler on netflix and trying really hard to not get frustrated with my kids its not their fault im anxious

You’re halfway through the really bad part! Then it’s a week and a half of mild cravings and then you’re home free

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

BONER X posted:

got chest pains and tightness but two and a half days no cigarettes

you almost got 72 hours, only gets easier from here!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Well I guess I officially relapsed. My nephew turned 21 and I used that as an excuse to drink. So he stayed over one night and mentioned beer and my brain lit up so we drank. Then he had to stay over another night so he could do something for my sister in town so that was an excuse to drink another night. And I had leftover beer and didn't dump it which I should have so I had that yesterday and bought more. It's all gone now but I missed my class last night. I just didn't feel like doing it. That made me feel bad because I'm already behind. I missed taking out my garbage and recycling too.

Drinking once is a slip to me but drinking three times in a row is a relapse. In my personal definitions. I'm fine today now and back on track. I have no desire to drink. I just had a zoom appointment with my school therapist. My college has really high quality certified counselors and we talk about regular stuff. Not even school related. Just my lovely life. She's really cool and I like her. We've been meeting for months.

So right now I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and shitposting. I have to clean up beer cans.

edit: that's a pretty doggie

This happens to many people, nothing to feel bad about. The good news is you didn’t do any particular harm to your life and you’re already back on the horse. Now you have a really valuable opportunity to examine both the feelings and circumstances that led up to your drinking and the way you rationalized making those choices.

If you can figure them out and really take them apart, then next time you can shut them down! Keep at it and don’t give up, talk about it with your program so they can help you figure out those things. You are doing good and you’re on the right track

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

just got sliced in half by a booby trap (giant blade pendulum). Dont feel like talking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I said I dont want to talk about it