Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this movie is sp fuckin dope

quentin tarantin is a GENIUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
agreed, and agreed op

anyone who doesnt like qt is just a contrarian dick

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
This was definitely Eli Roth's best role. I also like the lesson you learn at the end when Shosanna shoots Zoller and he then cuts her down.

Never show any sympathy for a Nazi.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i liked it when they just kept shooting hitler and made him all ground meat lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

i liked it when they just kept shooting hitler and made him all ground meat lol

:hai:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its my fav tarantino

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
i like any movie where they kill Nazis

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i like any movie where they kill Nazis

Thank you for your courage

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Say auf wiedersehen to your Nazi balls!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i never understood why Brad Pitt's character has a burn mark on his neck like he survived a hanging

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
bon-jer-no, OP.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i never understood why Brad Pitt's character has a burn mark on his neck like he survived a hanging

Quentin Tarantula is fond of strangling the talent before scenes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ooooohh, that’s a bingo! :haw:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Is that the way you say it? “That’s a bingo?” :ohdear:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Ez8 posted:

Quentin Tarantula is fond of strangling the talent before scenes.

You Are A Elf posted:

Ooooohh, that’s a bingo! :haw:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

great movie film

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's rad how waltz goes "so i'm gonna switch to english" and you're like "yeah okay, that's clever QT, you're sort of doing a joke about people hating subtitles. well played my man

but then later the fact that he's speaking english is totally relevant and there's a wicked in story reason for it and you're like poo poo... poo poo... i'm already dead... and your head slides off your shoulders as QT silently puts away his katana

its like that

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

precision posted:

it's rad how waltz goes "so i'm gonna switch to english" and you're like "yeah okay, that's clever QT, you're sort of doing a joke about people hating subtitles. well played my man

but then later the fact that he's speaking english is totally relevant and there's a wicked in story reason for it and you're like poo poo... poo poo... i'm already dead... and your head slides off your shoulders as QT silently puts away his katana

its like that

when you realize it youre seriously like preewckhch <---- brain exploding sound

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
linglorious basterds would be considered controversial if it came out within the last 4 years

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
I just like that they kill Nazis

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I just like that they kill Nazis

it makes
me mad jealous
but then i remember
i have asthma

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like how it doesn’t have room for Sam Jackson or Harvey Keitel but they show up anyway

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
dang i was going to rank ib next to django, pulp fiction, and kill bill but theyre all so good i cant pick which is best but this movie gets bonus points for extreme disrespect of nazi balls

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Robo Reagan posted:

dang i was going to rank ib next to django, pulp fiction, and kill bill but theyre all so good i cant pick which is best but this movie gets bonus points for extreme disrespect of nazi balls

its a spectrum of greatness

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The "Bear Jew" scene is chicken soup for the Nazi-hating soul.

If you like Nazis getting killed, you might also like Where Eagles Dare.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

pulp fiction
django
kill bill 1
jackie brown
inglorius basterds
reservoir dogs
hateful 8
kill bill 2
once upon a time
death proof

that's the order. i love death proof btw.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I like that Brad Pitt enjoyed portraying killing Nazis so much that he made another Nazi-killing movie, Fury.

And let me tell you, the nazi-killing in Fury is top notch. They butcher a LOT of Nazis and its all great.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

I like that Brad Pitt enjoyed portraying killing Nazis so much that he made another Nazi-killing movie, Fury.

And let me tell you, the nazi-killing in Fury is top notch. They butcher a LOT of Nazis and its all great.

hell yeah

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Walrus posted:

pulp fiction
django
kill bill 1
jackie brown
inglorius basterds
reservoir dogs
hateful 8
kill bill 2
once upon a time
death proof

that's the order. i love death proof btw.

I’d go:
Pulp fiction
Django
Reservoir dogs
Kill bill 2
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Jackie brown
Kill bill 1
Inglorious Basterds
Death proof
Hateful 8

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've only seen hateful 8 once and it was the 40mm print that may make me love it more

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

The Walrus posted:

I've only seen hateful 8 once and it was the 40mm print that may make me love it more

it's a pretty good movie.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Vampire Panties posted:

the thing about that movie that sticks with me more than anything is when Shia LeBouef angrily eats a fried egg in .1 seconds

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Was hanging out at a bar with friends and we randomly decided to go to a late showing so I eventually sobered up and was struggling to stay awake by the time they killed hitler. Don't let this happen to you, always sneak in some booze

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
ariva deer chi

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Inglorious Basterds is not only my favourite Tarantino movie, it's easily in my top 3 movies of all time. Fantastic stuff.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've never seen it I'm saving it for when I'm dead

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Gorlami

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love movies that take place in one location like that. Bastards and Reservoir dogs are my favourites of his.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I was expecting a somber historical documentary instead it was some self-fellating action garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

not a huge fan of qt or this movie but i did think christopher waltz did a very good job of menacingly eating an apple strudel