Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Movie is okay. One of his weakest IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
remember when austin power shows up and asks when we should shag

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

No. 6 posted:

it's the only good QT film op

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I was expecting a somber historical documentary instead it was some self-fellating action garbage.

Same, but for every QT film. How does he keep tricking me :argh:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Movie is viscerally satisfying, makes me wanna go out and parody redacted a Nazi. Also one of the few times I've genuinely appreciated Brad Pitt's inherent charisma

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
In Glorious Bass Turds

I thought it was corny. I think I kinda only like Pulp Dogs and Reservoir Fiction. The other films I can always like visualize Quintin writing the script and also masturbating when he's real proud of a line and it takes me out of the film's world.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
it was great until like the last 20 minutes, and then the last 5 minutes were ok again, but everything between the 20 minute to go mark and the 5 minute to go mark was pretty wtf

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

No. 6 posted:

Yeah waltz carried that poo poo. I love Tarantino but it definitely felt a little too self indulgent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Walrus posted:

pulp fiction
django
kill bill 1
jackie brown
inglorius basterds
reservoir dogs
hateful 8
kill bill 2
once upon a time
death proof

that's the order. i love death proof btw.

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

***Official QT tier list***

Jackie Brown
Django
Basterds
Kill Bill 1
PF
...Hollywood
Dogs
Kill Bill 2
DProof
H8ful 8

...oh poo poo. do u think it's a coicidence that "H8ful 8" contains 88 which is the nazi number?

i think it's a coincidence

movie sucks balls tho

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i liked hateful 8

would have made a great stage production imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just don't think the script really "got there"

i was mostly just bored by it

and i love boring movies. i just rewatched Waking Life yesterday

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hateful 8 basically IS a stage production

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They already made hateful 8. Its called Clue. At least clue had Tim Curry.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
good flick

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
now im just thinking about how much better KB1 is than KB2 and remembering being in the theater for both and how rad that was

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

pulp fiction
django
kill bill 1
jackie brown
inglorius basterds
reservoir dogs
hateful 8
kill bill 2
once upon a time
death proof

that's the order. i love death proof btw.
Is this worst to best then? Because I love Death Proof too. I think the only one that I'd argue is that KB1 is way better than part 2.

Well and Basterds is IMO (not just) his best film. Not just for nazi kiling but it's also just fun, tense, satisfying, and has some nice commentary on propaganda, nationalism etc.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like when they shoot the gently caress out of Hitler, and also when they hit Nazis with a baseball bat, and also when they burn a theater full of nazis down and also when they carve a swastika into a nazi’s forehead. Should be more movies with this sort of thing OP.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Inspiring stuff.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

KnightRider posted:

Yeah waltz carried that poo poo. I love Tarantino but it definitely felt a little too self indulgent.

A Quentin Tarantino movie being self indulgent you say

IB is good though. Been a while since I've seen it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That drum beat when Landa appears out of nowhere at the cafe is sick

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Ez8 posted:

bon-jer-no, OP.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

kntfkr posted:

I think I kinda only like Pulp Dogs and Reservoir Fiction. The other films I can always like visualize Quintin writing the script and also masturbating when he's real proud of a line and it takes me out of the film's world.

It seems like the later Tarantino films all build up to a woman being really graphically killed and I get the same feeling as you that Im paying to watch QTs personal jackoff reel. It puts me off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think it's maybe a little weird to always be thinking of whether someone is yanking it, metaphorically or literally, while writing anything

i mean if u need to know anything about every writer, ever, literally every single thing they ever have written or ever will write is just them cumming on a piece of paper as hard as they possibly can

that's all writing is really

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't like movies that promote revisionist history and foot fetishes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The beginnings of his career include a famously masturbatory script(s) so it's hard not to view the rest of his work through that lens.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cafe Barbarian posted:

It seems like the later Tarantino films all build up to a woman being really graphically killed and I get the same feeling as you that Im paying to watch QTs personal jackoff reel. It puts me off.

Puts you off or gets you off?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

kntfkr posted:

The beginnings of his career include a famously masturbatory script(s) so it's hard not to view the rest of his work through that lens.

again i am gonna have to stress that literally every single writer in the entire universe is the same way

some of them just hide it better

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

kntfkr posted:

I'm pretty convinced that the movie theater scene in Inglorious Basterds is one of his sex fetish fantasies.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I only saw True Romance for the first time recently and the "this is a self-insert of me, Quinton Tarantino!" aspect of Christian Slater's character hit so hard that I felt half-embarrassed the entire time I was watching it. Brad Pitt's character was cool though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Inspiring stuff.

Beautiful

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bula Vinaka posted:

I'm pretty convinced that the movie theater scene in Inglorious Basterds is one of his sex fetish fantasies.

Just LOL if you don’t tug to Nazi death

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this is the first thing i ever saw of tarantino so i never really took him very seriously haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF1LXL6OOsM

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

I don't like movies that promote revisionist history and foot fetishes

weirdo

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I personally think they could have done without the Hitler killing scene, OP

Kind of upsetting tbh

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Reservoir Dogs is The Thing of heist movies

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
never made it through without falling the gently caress asleep, op. it might be one of those, watch this movie sunday afternoon while folding laundry. wouldn't throw it in the good pile

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I like Basterds' use of languages, long buildups of tension, pipe smoking, and macro shots of desserts so it's probably my favorite entry in QT's "what if history's monsters were foiled with gratuitous violence" collection, but Jackie Brown is still #1 out of the current nine. Reasons it's the best:

• Lead character is a multi-dimensional black woman in her early 40s - almost unheard of in 90s Hollywood.
• First Tarantino movie where we don't have white characters dropping N-bombs. Jimmie's kitchen rant at Jules is harder to watch than the Black Swan hangnail scene.
• No genital trauma (Jackie threatens Ordell with it but the situation is defused). Every other movie from Pulp Fiction onward features some guy getting his junk obliterated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I think its also his only movie where it wasn’t his original work

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Inglorious Terds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Inspiring stuff.

how can you watch that and not get a boner?