Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rightfully, the 90's mostly sucked and the best PPV cards were ECW shows with a ton of cool wrestling and minimal dumb poo poo, as opposed to dumb poo poo with minimal good wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You all blew it.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Rightfully, the 90's mostly sucked and the best PPV card was IYH: Canadian Stampede.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No it wasn't, didn't even make the final

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No it wasn't, didn't even make the final

That's like arguing that Boris Johnson was an acceptable UK Prime Minister because he won the general election.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

edogawa rando posted:

That's like arguing that Boris Johnson was an acceptable UK Prime Minister because he won the general election.

After some quick Googling, i'm not seeing a similarity. Canadian Stampede lost in a 1 vs 1 vote, whereas Boris Johnson beat three different people in his vote

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the similarity is that all the options are uber dog poo poo. just kidding. i appreciate the hard work that the wrestlers put in in the 1990s and i'm proud of all our semi-finalists

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

After some quick Googling, i'm not seeing a similarity. Canadian Stampede lost in a 1 vs 1 vote, whereas Boris Johnson beat three different people in his vote

Mate, the Lib Dems and SNP are the Heroes of Wrestling and KOTR '95 of British Politics.

Prove me wrong, British people. :smugbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

i think we should start over

:hmmyes: Deadly Games got robbed

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, Barely Legal advances.

WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE FINAL!

ECW Barely Legal against ECW Heat Wave '98

(you should know the cards by now)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The 1990s were rough, but there's no way in hell that two ECW shows were the best PPVs of the decade.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Timby posted:

The 1990s were rough, but there's no way in hell that two ECW shows were the best PPVs of the decade.

The results show that sandman was in the best main event match of the decade

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 10, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah Heatwave 98 is my go to for a good variety of ECW styles. Tanaka/Awesome is insane, Taz is a badass against Bam Bam, Candido/Storm is way ahead of it's time, and you get a Dudley Boys street fight for the main event. Plus a rare American appearance from my favourite wrestler as a kid Hayabusa.

Really the only thing missing is the luchadores, but as far as I remember they were all gone to WCW by the time ECW got ppv

It was 10 months ago when I made this post and I still very much agree with it, Heat Wave rules

Vote for the one without a 20 minute Shane Douglas singles match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pity vote

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Protest vote for Canadian Stampede

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

edogawa rando posted:

Protest vote for Deadly Games

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Right now I feel like collectively we are the hobbits at the end of game of thrones. We did it, everybody!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i feel like wcw ppvs got short changed but i agree with the end result. e-c-dub!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I voted for neither because if so good then why not profitable?
Ow I'm sorry it was a joke please don't hit me!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 68.75% of the vote, Heat Wave '98 is the Greatest Pay-Per-View Event of the '90s! Thanks to all the voters.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we kept their rear end under 70%. big dogs holler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

congratulations to heat wave the best ppv of the 90s

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Edward Mass posted:

With 68.75% of the vote, Heat Wave '98 is the Greatest Pay-Per-View Event of the '90s! Thanks to all the voters.

Thanks for running this! It was a lot of fun :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deadly Games was robbed

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Heatwave is a good show, worthy winner! Still wince slightly at Mike Awesome getting his head jammed under the barricade though.

Thanks for hosting!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Referee posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Referee posted:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I love voting and I love Heatwave ‘98 (The Greatest PPV of the 90’s)!

Thank You!!!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've been wondering...would there be interest in a tournament to determine the best reign in the history of the Big Gold Belt?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Edward Mass posted:

I've been wondering...would there be interest in a tournament to determine the best reign in the history of the Big Gold Belt?

Hell yeah

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

you run the tournament i will vote and make jokes.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Edward Mass posted:

That'd be cool!

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
Kicking myself that I forgot to vote in the final, but this thread has been great, and i'd definitely be interested in a big gold belt one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I misspelled 'reign'