Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
the NWOOT main event has Austin sniping Billy Gunn with a trash can from halfway across the ring. But the Judgment Day main event has Vince appearing in some mystery box he's apparently watching from above the entrance to deliver a proto "You're Fired" before it became Vince's meme.

Went with Judgment Day for the undercard, but these are definitely a pair of uneven stinkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Plus side, WM6 has that Andre face turn, the surprise Elizabeth return, and Hogan/Warrior, which is better than it has any right to be. Downside, it's got half-black Piper and a lot of filler, which this period of Mania has in spades.

But Starrcade 1994 has main event Beefcake.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Yeah, I'm basically always nostalgic for the 89/90 Survivor Series PPVs, and 90 is (as Numero6 said) a well booked show. Bash 98 definitely has some good looking matches in that undercard, though, this is the downside of the random seeding.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Nostalgia finally gets me on this one, Rumble 95 was my 2nd PPV ever (Bash at the Beach 1994 was the first), I can't vote against it even knowing the Rumble is objectively one of the worst.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
A main event so bad it was probably the nail in the coffin of Diesel's WWF Title reign against the most blatantly rigged Battlebowl ever.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Luger finally gets his big moment, is drowned out by people screaming for another wrestler.
It wasn't even the main event.
The fate of Lex.

But wait, it gets better! They turned him heel in the process, so he's not even the top babyface going forward.

Then they use up most of his maximum dates in the contract so they have to have him around extremely sparingly from...basically November to February where he finally drops the belt on his way out. It's a whole mess. ...I'm still taking GAB91 for this one.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
I think I even said it in the first round, it's the worst Battlebowl because it's so blatantly rigged. It's also a black mark on what had become a very boring WCW, only 8 days before Scott Hall shows up on Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

The Lethal Lottery concept opens up interesting story possibilities, but jeez that's a far weaker lineup than the '92 version

1992 was really the perfect version of the event. It's smaller, there's still a battle royal at the end, and while the teams aren't as random sounding as 1991, they're not as blatantly rigged as 1996.