Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

RELEASE DATE: March 4th 2022

Gran Turismo 7 - There will have been about eight and half years and an entire console jump since the last full, flagship title release of Gran Turismo. Four and a half since the last installment.
If you've been wanting for the classic GT experience we all love, this is the game you've been waiting for.
Core gameplay will be similar to GT6 but there's a general assumption the online racing from Gran Turismo Sport will carry over. Since GTS was released I've personally come to love the online aspect of the game and have had way more fun with it than previous titles. That being said, a lot of that joy comes from the racing community (more on that later)

NEW FEATURES:
• Dual Sense - Haptic feedback with adaptive triggers should provide some great sensory information when braking and accelerating.
• Dynamic weather & time of day - Conditions won't just be "rainy" or "dry", rain will show up in simulated cells and change depending on where you are on the track.
• "Real-world" used car pricing.
• Music Rally - Race checkpoints based on pace to keep music playing.
• Continually added cars, tracks, modes and support.

CARRYOVER:
If you missed out Gran Turismo Sport, you definitely missed out on a lot of exciting added content from when it was launched back in 2017. On top of an additional ~170 cars and 82+ track configurations added since launch, they've also added:
• single player races
• time trials
• track tutorials/challenges
• an extremely #blessed Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge mode
• Wet weather conditions

OUR COMMUNITY
Please feel free to join the Goon Turismo Discord. It has been an extremely chill, fun and exciting league. Our members have been active for three years and we have a mutual respect for car and racing culture. That said, online racing in GTS has slowed down as private lobby support continually poo poo the bed. We've all been chomping at the bit for GT7 to come out so we can get back to scheduled racing with (hopefully) better supported private lobbies.

CURRENT RACE SCHEDULE
• Mondays - Lobby opens 9pm EST, 10pm race start

Excited to get four-wide with y'all! (Enjoy some Goon Turismo screenshots and feel free to post your own)

POST LAUNCH INFO/STUFF TO KNOW + HOT TIPS
It's here! Lets get to racing :cool: :rice: :cool:

In order to play online in "Sport" mode, you will need to do the following:
1) Complete the National B license test - will only need to get a bronze rating
2) Complete 9 Cafe Menu Books (missions)
This should take about 2-3 leisurely hours

The official manual "Beyond the Apex", which is a great racing 101 resource AND dives into tuning and semi-racing ideas.

Tuning:
Tuning is back from the BoP only system in Sport!
If you're new to tuning or understand the concepts but don't now what all the knobs & dials do, this YouTube channel (Harmonic) has a lot of great tuning guides broken up by each part.

:siren:GOON EVENTS:siren:

Check the Discord!

DevCore fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Thanks for setting up the Discord! Can't wait to get back to having fun Goon races!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Game looks absolutely fantastic. Please join the discord if you like talking about cars or want to participate in online racing with not-pubbies.

We have done nearly 3 years of weekly racing.

I even won my avatar from the first Gran Turismo Sport league.

I'll be helping set up the first couple of series (we'll likely be starting off with a Sunday Cup series, where everyone has to be tuned to n200 and n300) but this will expand over time as people can afford more cars and we can figure out how to organize better.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 7, 2022

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Aw yes, nice job Dev.

I'm super excited to get back into this. I am so out of practice so it's prime time to leave me in the dust.

https://youtu.be/5tVR0awZXB4

One of my closest battles with you guys. Funnest race I had in awhile.

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 7, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hi hello it's me "aCar Guy". Idk if I'm getting GT7 at launch but I am super excited for it. I guess I'll join your guys discord but I'll probably never check it. See you on the track..??????

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Fuckin here for this poo poo. Already know I'm gonna spend more time playing car barbie than anything else, however the prospect of racing with not terrible pubbies is enticing. Can't wait to ram y'all off course ;)

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I'm really excited to slow way down for corners so I can have more speed on exit to carry into the following section

It's funny how getting into sim racing or motorsports even just a little completely ruined arcade racers for me because they just stop making sense. I can't even enjoy Forza anymore

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

So like it was mentioned before, we do competitive, yet friendly races between us. We need to figure out the best days to do this racing.

https://doodle.com/poll/cu7ym38v6tkxkrw9?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Vote there and let your availability be known! Historically we raced at 9pm EST and we opened the lobby for practice an hour beforehand. If that time doesn't work, speak up. If enough people can't make it work, we can vote for a different time slot.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I haven't really sunk my teeth into a Gran Turismo since the original and I absolutely loved it. I'm going all in on this one - so please don't suck!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gonna go ahead and announce this.

Monday Night Goon GT7 Racing!

Host: IneffiableFx

Themes: usually one makes (everyone drives the same car).

Time: every Monday. Room will open at 8pm est and races begin at 9pm est.

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013
Are there enough euro-goons for multiplayer racing? Even though I've had GT Sport for years, I haven't raced online much, since playing with pubbies while I'm using a controller feels like a recipe for disappointment. I'm considering getting GT7 when it comes out, not really sure, if i should pay 10€ extra for the crossplatform version. I'm still waiting if the situation with PS5 unfucks itself here in Finland.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Really looking forward to this, but probably not gonna buy it until the price comes waaaay down or VR support gets confirmed (and PSVR2 comes out.) GT Sport's VR mode is limited but definitely my favorite way to play the game.

E: This is also a thing:

Gran Turismo Sophy: Gran Turismo 7 is set to get some groundbreaking AI

quote:

With the release of Gran Turismo 7 racing ever nearer, the latest feature for Polyphony Digital's game has been unveviled - and while it won't be ready for launch, it could be one of the more interesting innovations in the PlayStation exclusive.

Dubbed Gran Turismo Sophy, the feature is the first fruit from Sony AI, a division set up in 2020 to help Sony 'accelerate into an AI powered creative entertainment company' in the words of CEO Kenichiro Yoshida.

Developed in partnership with Polyphony Digital and Sony Interactive Entertainment's cloud gaming team, Sophy is being positioned as a breakthrough in AI development. Sophy draws upon both a neural and distributed training network implemented through Sony's cloud gaming infrastructure, with reinforcement learning built around three core skills: staying on track, driving without losing control and overtaking opponents while learning etiquette.

Sophy's been learning via Gran Turismo Sport, and has evolved through match-ups with some of Gran Turismo Sport's best drivers. A live demo race took place during today's presentation, showing an AI opponent that was not only able to race wheel to wheel against Gran Turismo Sport's finest but also showed smart positioning and race etiquette in the three lap sprint.

Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi was enjoyably lofty in his summation of the project.

"We are pursuing beauty, and we want a positive effect on society like a bright light shining," Yamauchi said during the presentation. "What kind of AI can we design so it can give joy to people - it has to drive fast, and it has to drive simple. The AI agency always has to handle the various environments, and it has to appear natural. With conventional rule-based AI, this could not be done - it would only react to a certain condition and follow the same rules, so people could detect it's a machine and not a human. With Gran Turismo Sophy, we've made a breakthrough.

Yamuchi went on to say that Sophy will be able to coach drivers while also learning racing etiquette from them, detailing how he wants Sophy to be a companion to Gran Turismo 7 players as well as a competitor. It's exciting stuff, but don't expect to go up against Sophy just yet as it's set to appear in a future Gran Turismo 7 update coming at an as-yet-undisclosed date.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 9, 2022

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Down af for this

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

I should specify. I'm doing this every Monday. Yes even the first Monday after GT7 releases.

So the first race is 3/7. N200 cars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ah ha! I was wondering if there was a thread for this game. I was going to make one if there wasn't. Now that we are less than two weeks away, I have hit super impatient hype overdrive for release. Gran Turismo is always a series that makes me extremely obnoxious because I love it so much.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've been so hyped for Elden Ring I didn't realise this is like 2 weeks away, god drat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frankston posted:

I've been so hyped for Elden Ring I didn't realise this is like 2 weeks away, god drat.

The best part is that between Horizon Forbidden West, and then Elden Ring, the wait for GT7 is not long at all, or painful. I remember the releases for GT5, and GT6, they felt really painful because of a lack of exciting game releases. GT5 especially was bad because of the 2+ years of constant delays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

has there been anything yet about VR support for GT7?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

has there been anything yet about VR support for GT7?

Nothing yet, but they’ve started talking about the VR2 more now so I’m hoping that it launches with full GT7 report and they use that as a promotional tool for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

V for Vegans posted:

Nothing yet, but they’ve started talking about the VR2 more now so I’m hoping that it launches with full GT7 report and they use that as a promotional tool for it.

I really want to get VR2 so long as GT7 has full support for it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Whoops, looks like I punted the GT Sport thread back up before checking if the GT7 thread existed yet. This is what I get for living in my bookmarks. Still the same important and fun information below:

Fired up GT Sport today, as you do, and found out a really good piece of information for those of us with large GT Sport catalogues.

Notice: Data Transfer From "Gran Turismo Sport" to "Gran Turismo 7"

quote:

We will be transferring data from Gran Turismo Sport to Gran Turismo 7 starting Tuesday, February 15 and will be updated at regular intervals. These transfers will take place automatically. Players will be able to start playing Gran Turismo 7, which will officially be launched on Friday, March 4, with stats and data carried over from Gran Turismo Sport.

Player data that will be included in this transfer are Driver Rating (DR), Sportsmanship Rating (SR), Liveries (car, helmet and suit) and Decals. Please note that contents related to Scapes, Race Photos and Replays will not be transferred.

The start time of data transfers will vary; therefore, there may be delays before appearing on GT7.

sorry to anyone who's super into the Scapes, photos and replays, but HOLY poo poo able to bring all the liveries forward? That's awesome, and honestly a bit of a surprise.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm excited to do so poorly in race 1 that I quit out and never play again, again

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

harperdc posted:

Whoops, looks like I punted the GT Sport thread back up before checking if the GT7 thread existed yet. This is what I get for living in my bookmarks. Still the same important and fun information below:

Fired up GT Sport today, as you do, and found out a really good piece of information for those of us with large GT Sport catalogues.

Notice: Data Transfer From "Gran Turismo Sport" to "Gran Turismo 7"

sorry to anyone who's super into the Scapes, photos and replays, but HOLY poo poo able to bring all the liveries forward? That's awesome, and honestly a bit of a surprise.

Scapes and photos should be really easy to at least back up manually but it would have been nice to have those as well.

I could see replays not coming because it probably runs on the sport engine and even going to Gt7 would probably make it act in unexpected ways.

Its like how every time super smash bros ultimate gets a major patch, it kills all existing replays.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Scapes and photos should be really easy to at least back up manually but it would have been nice to have those as well.

I could see replays not coming because it probably runs on the sport engine and even going to Gt7 would probably make it act in unexpected ways.

Its like how every time super smash bros ultimate gets a major patch, it kills all existing replays.

Yeah especially with the exports, I’m not surprised or expecting photos and replays to come forward. I’ve just really gotten into designing cars and the corresponding helmets/suits, and not starting from zero with those is amazing.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

May I get an invite to the Discord? (The OP link expired)

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

teethgrinder posted:

May I get an invite to the Discord? (The OP link expired)

https://discord.gg/6zz89AycAQ

Dang, is there a way to make a link that doesn't expire?
Edit: figured it out

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Joined the discord to never race online. Set up a playlist that includes only Crash by Methods of Mayhem from GT3 A-Spec to get me in the mood for driving

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KDdidit posted:

Joined the discord to never race online. Set up a playlist that includes only Crash by Methods of Mayhem from GT3 A-Spec to get me in the mood for driving

All of this was the correct choice. One more week to go. So hyped.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I haven't really played since the original but I remember the license tests being a nightmare for young me. Are those still around?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They sure are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are, but you're not gated out of content if you don't do them. They are just there to teach you the game.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I haven't really played since the original but I remember the license tests being a nightmare for young me. Are those still around?

Getting through them isn’t hard, and they do teach about driving technique. But if you want to be mental like me and get all golds…well, that was never me before GT Sport so they must have changed something to make it a touch easier.

Tl;dr shouldn’t be an issue.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Good. I felt that the actual racing was easier than the license exams

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Getting golds on the license tests in GT Sport was pretty easy, with the exception of the last one which was just the entire Nurburgring. The ones in the old games were murder though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Adult me in GT6 was so much better at licence tests than teenage me in the original, could be age and practice, changes in the game, or the fact that I had a wheel. I remember getting gold easily in a lot of them.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Copies are in the wild, apparently Amazon are delivering physical versions early...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1497597972992827397?t=GEuYtyg0jjndHYRjmtCiaw&s=19

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

I lol'd

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can someone with an unsupported wheel and pedal setup report back on whether drivehub or gimx have any issues with GT7? That’s basically the only thing keeping me from buying it at this point.

Oh and also I have to buy another PS4 because my main one is on a separate floor from my rig and is mostly dominated by my son playing Monster Jam Steel Titans on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Copies are in the wild, apparently Amazon are delivering physical versions early...

Mine arrives tomorrow!