Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Benne posted:

Apparently it aired uncensored in other countries, I'm trying to find clips of that

posted above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Uh yeah. Not a joke at all. Dang.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

My Face When posted:

My friends are saying its a bit, but lol if it is.

No way. Watch the uncut versions.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1508270716063469576?s=20&t=pgwHKIBs4THUxOvYNP-5lw

That isn't a bit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Miching Mallecho posted:

I can't believe Will Smith assaulted someone in public and is just sitting there.

I guess Hollywood hasn't changed

It was staged.

I really don't think it was staged. I don't think Will Smith is the kind of guy to stage a skit that makes people seriously uncomfortable while he physically hits somebody and then screams the F Bomb twice from his seats.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It almost feels like he was gonna go full punch and the angel on his shoulder had him convert to slap at the last second.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also Chris Rock is probably not even aware of Jada's condition.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

nawilo_420 posted:

ah yes, the the tame joke about someone's medical condition. it's just a joke bro!!! u mad?

He made a joke about a symptom that I'm not sure he is even aware is caused by anything.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vintersorg posted:

Luca was so much more entertaining. I truly do not get the hype for Encanto and all the worship of it's songs. They all fell flat and were, to me, forgettable. Their last good one to me was Moana and those songs are all incredible and hummable to this day. I didn't watch the Lord and Miller movie yet though so we'll see.

Encanto was fine, but the music has some definite bangers in there. A lot of 'em took second and third viewings to really click (and we have kids so that poo poo is on repeat) but they are good.

I know he did both, but Encanto's feel like they fall more into LMM's classical rapid-fire expository lyric way so that could be a turnoff to some folks over Moana.

None of that really matters in this discussion though because Mitchell's vs The Machines handily beats out everything else. It's amazing. Go watch it.d

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'd normally roll my eyes at hollywood actors opinions on things but I guess its fair they get one on this.

Having said that I think jim carrey is being weird about it. I think probably bruce willis has it about right, when asked he shrugged and said as far as he's concerned its forgotten already.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bruce-willis-aphasia-acting-career-stepping-away/

But also I feel like Carrey was pretty right. It came from some unwell place in Will's head. He's battling a lot of poo poo. And the ovation from the crowd was indeed pretty gross. I think it's just an extension of how much Carrey hates the Hollywood machine.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 31, 2022

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Darko posted:

If I clapped for him in that moment, I would be saying I understand it was a human moment and that I get that and we will get past it. I honestly don't see what half of people are reading into it, but then there are Amy Schumers saying they are traumatized so I don't know wtf.

Yeah I am not in the traumatized crowd and everyone trying to co-opt it is dumb.

I do think it was a really gross moment though. He wasn't standing next to Rock and reacted. He got up and walked a good distance over there. And then screamed like an idiot from his seats. He's got issues.

And clapping during his speech would be fine. He did win the Oscar. But getting roused to an ovation with his speech was definitely an example of class solidarity more than anything else. He should have been removed. The fact that he refused is also telling.

I don't think he should be ostracized or have his Oscar stripped or any of that dumb crap though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just cancel them.