Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

do they have a good cs program? should i go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

congratulations on having to study or grade papers or both I hear that there are computers in universities

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

here’s a dumb pointless cow school fact: I went to a kindergarten when I was 4 years old with other 4 year olds. then I went to primary school until I was 13 - then I went to college when I was 13 and I passed my bursary examinations when I was 18. then I went to university.

but even in different parts of this tiny country there are differences as in some kids between the ages of 11-13 go to an intermediate school and some colleges are called high schools. then there are grammar schools and Steiner schools and gosh do we even need to get into the catholic/Protestant schools?!?!?!?!!!!!

anyway. I heard that USA calls universities colleges and I found that interesting when I was a teenager and now that I am old and fat I don’t give a poo poo.

but I do give a poo poo about forums poster “fart simpson” having a mega big brain! good on ya mate :smugmrgw:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thansk op!

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
invent “virtual cloud.v3 reality DB social network” with a couple lab partners and get bought by oracle so you can buy yourself an island, op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
high school is where you learn how to get high

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Congrats OP, you can now do the dealios with the plute peeps.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think they are in the top 50 of cs bs, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Congrats OP, you can now do the dealios with the plute peeps.

loving smooth

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

here’s a dumb pointless cow school fact: I went to a kindergarten when I was 4 years old with other 4 year olds. then I went to primary school until I was 13 - then I went to college when I was 13 and I passed my bursary examinations when I was 18. then I went to university.

but even in different parts of this tiny country there are differences as in some kids between the ages of 11-13 go to an intermediate school and some colleges are called high schools. then there are grammar schools and Steiner schools and gosh do we even need to get into the catholic/Protestant schools?!?!?!?!!!!!

anyway. I heard that USA calls universities colleges and I found that interesting when I was a teenager and now that I am old and fat I don’t give a poo poo.

but I do give a poo poo about forums poster “fart simpson” having a mega big brain! good on ya mate :smugmrgw:

lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you've been posting on this forum for nearly 20 years and you're just going into college now?

i hope you're not paying for it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what’s wrong wit hpaying for it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

do they have a good cs program? should i go?
the answer to the first question is yes, your experience of it will depend on whether you are taking upper division courses

attending as an undergrad or as a grad student with a degree outside of CS will generally keep you in the lower division courses that follow a lecture & examination structure. the upper division courses are more research-driven and you have to be the kind of person who is interested (i.e. motivated) in studying things beyond what you can read in a book.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 9, 2022

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'm assuming you didn't post this as a joke op because it doesn't make much sense as one

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Gazpacho posted:

i'm assuming you didn't post this as a joke op because it doesn't make much sense as one

i can’t tell either tbh

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

op i think you should confirm the spelling of the institution you were accepted to, you may be thinking of a different organization

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
pro: graduating from stanford gets attention from recruiters
con: it gets attention from recruiters who don't ness know what they're doing, and founders who assume that you might have money connections

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i went to a bs cs top 50*

*by elevation

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

No lie: Theatrical clowning classes are fun as hell (like, you'll spend at least 40% of the class just walking funny and at least 40% making weird faces). But they also help you quickly realize that all professional clowns are at least a little bit mentally ill.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

op, you should do this and start a blog thread for it

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
you can also go to clown college in sf

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sf is a clown college

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

rjmccall posted:

you can also go to clown college in sf

princeton opened a west coast campus i see

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sounds like standford needs to raise their standords op.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

been workshopping that one for a few hours

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
standford and deliver

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

you'll get just as good a practical education from SUNY Buffaloaf

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

post hole digger posted:

been workshopping that one for a few hours

thank you. it was worth it

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Standford more like sandbag

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I see a lot of elite universities on resumes of junior-level applicants. They interview with us, get hired, and then they get to work on deployment pipelines or updating banners on websites.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i wish i could get hired to update banners on web sites but experience is what counts, not book-learnin

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Gazpacho posted:

i wish i could get hired to update banners on web sites but experience is what counts, not book-learnin

we're always hiring, hit me up :)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
aw he's all grown up and going to college

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i heard if you wanna pad out your cv it’s better to do anything from somewhere prestige than maybe something longer or harder from somewhere else

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what’s a yob?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

whatever you make it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

i heard if you wanna pad out your cv it’s better to do anything from somewhere prestige than maybe something longer or harder from somewhere else

wouldnt it be easier to just lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes if you remove the requirement for your cv to be an accurate document, you can probably make it much more appealing than your actual job experience and trainings