Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

do they have a good cs program? should i go?
the answer to the first question is yes, your experience of it will depend on whether you are taking upper division courses

attending as an undergrad or as a grad student with a degree outside of CS will generally keep you in the lower division courses that follow a lecture & examination structure. the upper division courses are more research-driven and you have to be the kind of person who is interested (i.e. motivated) in studying things beyond what you can read in a book.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'm assuming you didn't post this as a joke op because it doesn't make much sense as one

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
pro: graduating from stanford gets attention from recruiters
con: it gets attention from recruiters who don't ness know what they're doing, and founders who assume that you might have money connections

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i wish i could get hired to update banners on web sites but experience is what counts, not book-learnin