Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Turpitude II posted:

i've never seen the movie but i don't see the problem with this. if there was a demon in my room i'd just be like, oh, if you have to. that sucks. whatever. get on with it.

You wouldn't try and gently caress it? I mean, you're probably gonna die and go to hell, anyways, so may as well go in style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

DicktheCat posted:

You wouldn't try and gently caress it? I mean, you're probably gonna die and go to hell, anyways, so may as well go in style.

tbh "get on with it" already casts a pretty wide net, consent-wise. sex, kill, leave, etc. don't just stand around with your demon dick in your hand, do whatever evil thing you're going to do already.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I mean I would also gently caress the demon but i expect I'd also be a little shocked when I first saw it

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Spaghett posted:

Here's the story about when my brother and I went and saw Insidious 2 in the middle of a weekday.

My brother had crashed yet another car and got yet another DUI. I love my younger bro, but he's a complete loving dumbass and his friends weren't helping. So, my parents sent this 19 year old gently caress up to my place in Boston as a way for him to "reset." I still don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I loved it because we always have fun, bond over the heavier poo poo in life, smoke cigarettes, and wander the city till dawn. His gently caress ups are some of the most miserable times in my life and some of the best. I guess he's the living embodiment of the opiates he later overdosed on and nearly died from.

I was waiting tables while looking for better work, so they'd always give me the worst shifts. The night before we saw I2, I closed the restaurant and got home around 2a. He was still up so we decided to play video games all night. Sometime around 10a, we decide it'd be fun to finally see Insidious 2. All morning, we're making that stupid face the Darth Maul looking rear end guy made in the first movie and getting loving pumped to watch what will likely be a dog poo poo film. So, by the time we get to the noon showing, we're delirious from sleep deprivation and pure hype. Also, we smoked a blunt in the parking lot.

We get to the cineplex and it's practically empty. The ticket booth guy says the only flick anyone bought tickets for is some Bollywood film that an entire extended family sold out. We get our tickets and skip the concessions reasoning that distractions like popcorn and soda would only harm this experience. We enter the theater and its one of those old ones that lays flat instead of stadium seats meaning you enter from the back row. When we enter, we see aisle after aisle of empty seats. Hell yes, we have Insidious 2 to ourselves, so we sit in the center seats of the center row. Perfect.

The movie starts and we're loving every second of it. The extended haunted house sequence in the 60s gets us loving pumped to the point where we're punching each other in the arms and saying "holy gently caress dude!" like every 5 minutes. The movie is hitting its climax when we hear a soft creak from the back of the theater. I think nothing of it and mentally dismiss it as one of the janitors or managers just checking in. As the movie ramps up more and more, I start thinking "goddamn the sound design just got way better on this thing" because it sounds like one of the ghosts is right behind me. Out of nowhere, I hear this low, unapproving, but deeply satisfied moan. It's the kind of low moan people make when they open a nudie mag's centerfold and contemplate all their naughty fantasies.

"MMmmmmmm... I wouldn't go in there, boy... That's got bad joo joo..."

My brother and I look at each other from the corners of our eyes, faces still pointed at the screen. One of us has to turn and see if this man is real. Neither of us has the fortitude to face what lurks behind, so we turn our attention back to the screen, but cannot concentrate on what's happening in the film. Minutes later, the presence spoke again.

"Ohhhhhh laaaaaaaawwwwdddd. There's gotta be a better way. I know I'd have had them by now if it were me. I'da caught them all real goooood... Chop em' up, too."

At this point, I'm sweating. My fingers are digging trenches into my armrest. 10 minutes ago, my brother and I felt alive and excited like it was Christmas. Now, we couldn't bear to breath too loud.

I feel my seat push forward and the slight tickle of fingertips on my shoulder. The sound of quiet, heavy breathing intensifies and grows louder. Warm air begins to pass between my brother and I, raising the hair on my neck. The presence finally exerts himself to half cough out some parting words.

"I think it's about time we finished this."

I hesitate for about 5 seconds before I stand up and turn around. I know that no matter how bad it will be, it can't be worse than this. I need to know if I'm going to die.

But there's nothing. The light escaping from the hallway barely pours in through the cracks in the entrance door frame. Though it's dim, it illuminates the theater enough to make out most of the room. It looks the same as when we arrived: empty.

I sit back down and lock eyes with my brother. Were we visited by a ghost? Were his intentions insidious?

Turns out it was a homeless dude dipping in and out of the different theaters.

This is a good story and I hope your brother is doing ok

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Bramble posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought Insidious was the movie where the lady absorbed a twin in the womb partly and then doctors just pushed the absorbed twin into her brain. You're telling me there's a second one???

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Yes, but this time it's triplets so they have to do a whole Russian Doll thing brain-wise and it makes much less sense. I mean okay, having brainwaves to the power of three might give you telepathy or something, but being able to explode doctor's heads is just a rip off.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Junk posted:

i got this confused with the movie sinister

sinister sucked too

The Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious and various films called "The [spooky noun] of [proper noun]" all loving suck, apart from The Autopsy of Jane Doe which was pretty good.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The Prolapse of Goatse Hollows

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Possessed Patrick Wilson is just Will Arnett.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

The Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious and various films called "The [spooky noun] of [proper noun]" all loving suck, apart from The Autopsy of Jane Doe which was pretty good.
Is Sinister the one with the film reels and then it's just a series of vignettes of families being murdered? I think that one had a Boards of Canada track at the end, so it has that going for it.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Das Boo posted:

You seen The Innocents, Bossy Lady?
It's my favorite horror film and the Criterion version is up for free on YouTube.

I did not realize to what degree the netflix series bly manor ripped off this movie.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Exorcist 3 is one of the best horror movies ever made.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I was thinking of "Malignant", that's the movie I hate lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Floodixor posted:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Floodixor posted:

Nothing but truth. That movie is a gem. Brad Dourif is fantastic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Brad Dourif is always fantastic.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Possessed Patrick Wilson is just Will Arnett.

Only if the possessed also has a Segway

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you want to see Brad Dourifat at 110% Brad Dourif watch Death Machine. Movie owns

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Captain Yossarian posted:

This post is insidious

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Captain Yossarian posted:

Malignant is too goofy to hate, its loving great(stupid)

lmfao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I agree Molly Cyrus.

James Wan is a lovely fuckin director and should not be given money to make movies with.

Edit: but he makes money for the studios with his lovely movies so they'll keep giving him money but they really shouldn't because his horror films are bad and not good

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 13, 2022

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Is Sinister the one with the film reels and then it's just a series of vignettes of families being murdered? I think that one had a Boards of Canada track at the end, so it has that going for it.

even the boards of canada track they picked sucked

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
I literally watched the movie Insidious last night because of this thread. I was hoping it would be awesome so I could come call OP a fucktard but it was in fact pretty bad. OP is right.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If you're laughing at the gif without having watched the movie, I'm sorry that that moment is spoiled for you. It's truly startling when you don't know it's coming. Exorcist 3 is legit great and should have been it's own thing and not tied to the first, or (the awful) 2nd movie.

If you're laughing about it for other reasons, then :shrug:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I just read that James Wan is Australian. That might explain why he is the Jet/AC/DC of horror movies.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If you're laughing at the gif without having watched the movie, I'm sorry that that moment is spoiled for you. It's truly startling when you don't know it's coming. Exorcist 3 is legit great and should have been it's own thing and not tied to the first, or (the awful) 2nd movie.

If you're laughing about it for other reasons, then :shrug:

i was laughing because it looks like a guy wearing a sheet chasing a lady with one of these

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bismuth posted:

i was laughing because it looks like a guy wearing a sheet chasing a lady with one of these

Fair, but I think it's a formerly dead character holding the medical equivalent of gardening shears.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If you want to see Brad Dourif at 110% Brad Dourif watch Death Machine literally any role he does. Movie He owns and deserves more recognition than most big name actors.

Sorry, I needed to fix this.

kntfkr posted:

James Wan is a lovely fuckin director and should not be given money to make movies with.

I hated Malignant, too.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

The Bramble posted:

He's doing great. Thanks for asking

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

bossy lady posted:

I did not realize to what degree the netflix series bly manor ripped off this movie.

They were both supposed to be takes on The Turn of the Screw but yeah, Bly Manor just wholesale lifted a lot from the movie. O Willow Waly was made specifically for the film, for instance.

I was a little irate when the song showed up in The Woman in Black 2 trailer. I really liked the book and the 1989(?) BBC adaptation, but the new movie annoyed the hell outta me.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Midnight Mass was one of the most incredible things I've ever watched and I encourage people to see it

From the last page but quoting because I couldn't agree more

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Das Boo posted:

The Woman in Black 2 trailer

they made a second one??? drat, the only reason I watched the first one was to see Daniel Radcliffe do something other than Harry Potter

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Bismuth posted:

they made a second one??? drat, the only reason I watched the first one was to see Daniel Radcliffe do something other than Harry Potter

I watched it to be angry, but I remember nothing.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

First one was ok, stage production is better though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wurzag posted:

From the last page but quoting because I couldn't agree more

Oh yeah, some of the best horror in decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Das Boo posted:

I watched it to be angry, but I remember nothing.

Thats damning