Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tell me about stuff you'll be making and eating on Superbowl day.

I'm currently doing a pretty hard cut to get rid of the holiday fatness so it'll be my first cheat day in a month and I'm not loving around. I'm making a sheet pan pizza with a 48 hour proofd dough and I'm going to top it with enough pepperoni to give an athlete heart failure. I'm probably going to wash it down with the first beer I'll have had in 43 days.

Pizza recipe:
8 g Instant Yeast
300 g Water (warmed to 105-115 F)
400 g Flour (Bread or All purpose)
8 g Salt
8 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix the water and yeast and a pinch of flour and let it bloom for 10 mins. If it doesn't get frothy and smell like old beer your yeast is dead and you need to try again.

Meanwhile combine all your dry poo poo. Pour wetness into dryness and mix with your fingers. Once a shaggy dough forms pour in the olive oil and incorporate. By now it should be smooth-ish and look like wet pizza dough. Once complete cover in greased plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours. Then fridge for 24-72 hours.

Take it out two hours before you want to cook - let it come to room temp.

Grease the poo poo out of a baking sheet pan with olive oil and stretch your dough into it as best you can. Once its sort of at the edges leave rise for 90 minutes. Preheat your oven to as hot as it'll go. Top your dough with sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you want. I like to sprinkle garlic and chili flake under the sauce. Bake for anywhere between 17-25 minutes. Usually after 20 the dough is perfect but you want to check because if you're a bit sparse with the cheese it will brown quickly at 20mins. If you're heavy handed you'll be fine for 25.

If you don't know how to make pizza sauce then just throw in a pot a can of skinless tomatoes, couple tablespoons of tomato paste, pepper, garlic and a pinch of sugar and let that reduce for 20 mins stirring occasionally. I like to add some red chili flake, dried oregano and a pinch of onion powder to mine too. If it's too runny let it cook longer, if it's too thick add a bit of water. Taste it at the end and then add your salt to adjust levels.

Obligatory link to the unofficial (official?) Tff Cookbook here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RFMhkmL0lTYk04SkNmRlREcGc/view?resourcekey=0-m2RB41QrglM3gPw5mOr0cA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I was gonna ask if anyone had wheez's chicken recipe but you have his entire book ty

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I was gonna ask if anyone had wheez's chicken recipe but you have his entire book ty

It's served me super well so I have it bookmarked and backed up on my PC.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I'm looking for a kick rear end pork green chile recipe.

This thread always delivers.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Gonna melt a rectangular cube of cheese food and mix it with a can of skyline chili so if the bengals lose I won’t care cause I will be dead.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
We made this last year and it was the platonic ideal of super bowl food. Highly recommend.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
I'm making cinci-style chili from a recipe I made up. You can try it, if you want, or change it. Who cares.

2lbs shaved ribeye (or finely ground beef if you're an animal)
1 large white onion, finely chopped
1 large poblano pepper, finely chopped
3-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
1.5ish quarts beef stock (I used 2 and it took forever to get the right consistency)
2 tablespoons(ish) Cavender's Greek Seasoning
2 tablespoons (ish) of canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon (ish) cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons molasses

Splash a couple of tablespoons canola oil in your chili pot. Brown the shaved ribeye, remove from the pot. Maybe sprinkle a little flour in if you have some, make a very quick roux. Add your pepper and onion, cook until soft. Add the garlic, let cook for a minute and mix well to combine. Add the browned ribeye, stock, and all seasonings. Bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Let cook until it's as thick as you like. Stir frequently and make sure to break the beef up pretty fine (unless you used finely ground beef like a nerd) as it comes together.

Serve over spaghetti noodles with oyster crackers and a giant pile of finely shredded mild cheddar. Alternatively, try it over steamed hot dogs and steamed buns with the same pile of cheese. The cheese pile's importance cannot be overstated. If you like chopped white onion, throw that on there maybe.

Go Bengals.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
This is the beer dip recipe I post here every few years when I remember and it has a great effort to taste ratio -

2 bricks of cream cheese, let it sit out a bit to soften
2 cup package of shredded cheddar
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix (I use the dressing packet, NOT the dip packet but I don't know what the difference is)
Some beer (1/3 cup? I just pour an appreciable amount and drink the rest)

Drop everything in a bowl and give it a good mix. Refrigerate for a bit or overnight so the essences are well blended. This comes out as a firm dip so I like a thick sturdy vessel, I usually reach for the Flipside pretzel crackers.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Gonna make Alton Brown's chocolate chip cookies.
Dry:
300 g flour
6 g baking soda
6 g salt
Sift that all together in a big bowl

Wet:
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted, cooled.
2 egg yolks
150 g sugar
142 g brown sugar
56 g vanilla flavoring
Beat that together really well.

Dump the wet into the dry and mix until it there's no white clumps left. Then pour in a regular bag of semisweet chocolate chips, do the minimal amount of blending to disperse the chips, and put in the fridge for an hour to chill. When ready to bake, oven goes to 350, and put 1 oz balls of dough on your tray. 12ish minutes later you have the best cookies in the world.

You want to be decadent? Spread a layer of that cookie dough on the bottom of a glass/Pyrex baking dish. Put a layer of Oreos in that cookie dough. Then pour a layer of brownie batter on that. Congrats, you've shortened your life by years and it was worth it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MikeRabsitch posted:

This is the beer dip recipe I post here every few years when I remember and it has a great effort to taste ratio -

2 bricks of cream cheese, let it sit out a bit to soften
2 cup package of shredded cheddar
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix (I use the dressing packet, NOT the dip packet but I don't know what the difference is)
Some beer (1/3 cup? I just pour an appreciable amount and drink the rest)

Drop everything in a bowl and give it a good mix. Refrigerate for a bit or overnight so the essences are well blended. This comes out as a firm dip so I like a thick sturdy vessel, I usually reach for the Flipside pretzel crackers.

Would it be bad if I threw this into a stand mixer to do the mixing?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

seiferguy posted:

Would it be bad if I threw this into a stand mixer to do the mixing?

I'm not sure of the mixing difference between hand mixers and stand mixers but assuming it can mix cheese with more cheese it should be fine

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I have one plan, of questionable merit

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Beer dip is the best. I add sriracha too. Over the past few years I've become "famous" for it amongst my friends and I'll never tell them the ingredients because I don't want them to know that I've just been mixing together 4 things

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've made beer dip several times too. I remember one year when it was the Seahawks in the super bowl, I added some food coloring to make it green.

Aside from the sides, we usually do a taco bar each year. Just make all the fixings, then let people put whatever they want on their tacos.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

After living off chicken breast, broccoli and rice for the past week I'm unreasonably looking forward to this pizza tomorrow.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’m up at 6 AM to put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. On it, I’ve rubbed:

1 onion, finely chopped
3/4 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. mustard powder
1 tsp. cumin
a bunch of salt and pepper

After 8-10 hours on low (or 5-6 hours on high), I will shred it, and use some rolls I bought from a local bakery to make pulled pork sliders.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There was some debate over whether the lucky dog should get a piece of chicken for field goals for the super bowl. During the regular season and the rest of the postseason chicken was for touchdowns. After spirited debate it was decided that chicken is still for touchdowns but there's a piece of kibble for field goals.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This is the first year my son has had diabetes. It's also the first year my sons are into football. It's type 1 diabetes I usually make a high carb meal for halftime, but today I want him to enjoy the casual anytime snacking.

So I'm laying out
- Bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with Jalapeno and a dash of cream cheese. I'll smoke it with cherry wood for a hint of sweetness without the carbs of sugar.
- Popcorn stir-fried cauliflower with some no carb dips my wife is making
- Dried meat and cheese charcuterie

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

drat now I want diabetes

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bob Socko posted:

I’m up at 6 AM to put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. On it, I’ve rubbed:

1 onion, finely chopped
3/4 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. mustard powder
1 tsp. cumin
a bunch of salt and pepper

After 8-10 hours on low (or 5-6 hours on high), I will shred it, and use some rolls I bought from a local bakery to make pulled pork sliders.

Ooh I made some of those for a college football party I got invited to. I trimmed the brioche bun tops to look like footballs.

How are you saucing? I prefer Meathead Goldwyn's Columbia Gold with my pulled pork sandwiches. My phone is having trouble posting links, but google it if you want a mustard-based BBQ sauce

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ooh I made some of those for a college football party I got invited to. I trimmed the brioche bun tops to look like footballs.

How are you saucing? I prefer Meathead Goldwyn's Columbia Gold with my pulled pork sandwiches. My phone is having trouble posting links, but google it if you want a mustard-based BBQ sauce

I’m actually on the way to the store right now to figure out the sauce question! I’ve never heard of that brand, but if I see it at the store, I’ll give it a shot.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is the first year my son has had diabetes. It's also the first year my sons are into football. It's type 1 diabetes I usually make a high carb meal for halftime, but today I want him to enjoy the casual anytime snacking.

So I'm laying out
- Bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with Jalapeno and a dash of cream cheese. I'll smoke it with cherry wood for a hint of sweetness without the carbs of sugar.
- Popcorn stir-fried cauliflower with some no carb dips my wife is making
- Dried meat and cheese charcuterie

Pork rinds are a good chip substitute

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Anyone got a good buffalo cauliflower recipe?

I'm not sure if I should follow a recipe that has a light batter, then is baked or just roast 'em and coat them in sauce after.

I'm currently looking at these two recipes: https://bromabakery.com/buffalo-cauliflower-wings/ and https://cookieandkate.com/buffalo-cauliflower-recipe/

The first uses buttermilk and flour + spices, the second uses cornstarch + spices. I figure if i just roast it nekkid I don't need a recipe at all.

Please advise.

edit: going with Broma Bakery recipe because the batter does sound tasty

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 13, 2022

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Four boxes of frozen skyline chili. Gotta support the team (Goldstar doesn't sell frozen chili down herr).

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I figure if i just roast it nekkid I don't need a recipe at all.
This is basically what I've done in the past because I'm lazy. Also works in an air fryer if you have one, just be sure to spritz with olive oil.

I've been wanting to experiment with just dropping a head whole into the Instant Pot, which is apparently a thing you can do, but I haven't tried it yet.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Qwijib0 posted:

I have one plan, of questionable merit

What you are doing is correct. Assuming you also have spaghetti and cheese

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm making my version of shakshuka and pumpkin pie filling since that's what sounds good. I was going to do beef bourguinon but I got my super bowl weeks mixed up and made that last weekend.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I just finished a slaw for pulled pork slammers my friend is currently smoking, and am starting on chicken and Oaxaca stuffed Anaheim chiles, will post pics of the artisanal chiles if I don’t gently caress it up

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Dpulex posted:

What you are doing is correct. Assuming you also have spaghetti and cheese

indeed.

and onion.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

We, too, are making Cincinnati Chili for the game.

We use this recipe for our slow cooker and it always comes out tasty: https://chewnibblenosh.com/recipe/slow-cooker-cincinnati-chili/

Very excited. Go Bengals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm placing my traditional order for delivery barbecue. Ribs, pulled pork, chicken, baked beans, fries, corn fritters.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i am slaughtering and roasting a whole lamb

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Chorizo Corn Chowder w/ bacon and potatoes

Queso dip with a cream cheese base, bitch

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
4 racks of ribs and 2 BBQ chickens with a buncha sides from a local BBQ joint. Haven’t had ribs in a year as it’s a Super Bowl tradition.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm picking up a pizza from my favorite place that I usually only get to go to once a year. Might get wings too if I'm feeling in the mood.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im going to miss football

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My girlfriend is making buffalo chicken spring rolls. Buffalo chicken, carrot, cucumber, cabbage, and jalepeno shards all wrapped up in clear rice paper.

Haven't made em before but they should be pretty awesome. We have been making them with asian style marinated pork and it's been incredible but the buffalo chicken fits football food and I'm really looking forward to it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im going to miss football

Game isn't for 3 hours so you have time. Channel 8. Or whatever your local NBC affiliate.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

It's even on Peacock this year, so if you have someone's Xfinity login you can watch online for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Donkey Ribs