Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh wow, so it definitely seems like Sega cracked the proverbial whip, and CA is now in make or break mode. ToD is looking amazing across the board, which it absolutely has to be considering how badly they hosed up with SoC.

They actually did fairly in-depth race mechanic reworks! All the changes to Nurgle, Empire, and Dawi look great. The units look great. They're absolutely trying to make up for things after SoC clearly didn't land the way they wanted it to.

I want to see what the Nemesis Crown mechanic is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Bummer that Malakai starts up in Kraka Drak instead of Karak Azorn. Making Kislev's start easier isn't really necessary and while you're fighting Northern threats just fine it could be cool to have the ogres/greenskins/chorfs threat and being the only "good" lord there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Amazing what happens when all your eggs are in one basket and you no longer funnel the majority of resources into doomed projects that would of been fad-chasing 10 years ago.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That ROR landship has made me suddenly want to get the Empire pack. With a mortar and all those grenade launchers, it'll be the closest thing to a fantasy Baneblade.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
After how good the DLC looks it's kind of a shame they're going to be releasing much smallers DLCs from now on, though that may have referred to the fact this DLC actually brings three overhauls with it lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ravenfood posted:

Bummer that Malakai starts up in Kraka Drak instead of Karak Azorn. Making Kislev's start easier isn't really necessary and while you're fighting Northern threats just fine it could be cool to have the ogres/greenskins/chorfs threat and being the only "good" lord there.

Lol what

If it was only the ogres greenskins and chorfs it'd be manageable if difficult but you have the angry tree too which is just nightmarish

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Azran posted:

After how good the DLC looks it's kind of a shame they're going to be releasing much smallers DLCs from now on, though that may have referred to the fact this DLC actually brings three overhauls with it lol

I prefer this 3 small slice method instead of lumping cathay/tzeentch/kislev together for $25 even if you only care about one with half a rear end put into everything and no FLC alongside to get players to return regardless of buying something immediately.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Amazing what happens when all your eggs are in one basket and you no longer funnel the majority of resources into doomed projects that would of been fad-chasing 10 years ago.

For real. Like, a minor overhaul of a resource for the most popular faction that otherwise has no use should seem like a nothing project that is such a no-brainer but it's such a breath of fresh air compared to, well, anything from SoC

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I prefer this 3 small slice method instead of lumping cathay/tzeentch/kislev together for $25 even if you only care about one with half a rear end put into everything and no FLC alongside to get players to return regardless of buying something immediately.

quote:

We are making a one-time change to the way in which we’ll release Thrones of Decay, and all of us felt that we should talk about that openly with you all before we kick things off.

quote:

We’re already deep into pre-production on our future DLC post-Thrones of Decay, and the current intent is to avoid creating something quite so big in scope so that we can help to keep both the value, and the price right for you.

These two quotes lead me to believe they're either going back to the 1v1 DLC format from 2 or just straight up adding less content.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Lol what

If it was only the ogres greenskins and chorfs it'd be manageable if difficult but you have the angry tree too which is just nightmarish

Wait angry tree?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Drycha is just south of Katarin
Drycha has heavily armoured tree kin and can short circuit magic leaving you with very few options

I do not like Drycha

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
You just get some firethrowers and burn the trees down imo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Lol what

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Drycha is just south of Katarin
Drycha has heavily armoured tree kin and can short circuit magic leaving you with very few options

I do not like Drycha

I was talking about moving Malakai over to the Mountains of Mourn near Grimgor/Greasus/east of the Chorfs and the relevant enemies for the starting position compared to Kraka Drak. Katarin's start is fine, but hard, but Drycha is probably not going to bother Malakai that much. Ungrim's got that to deal with, sure.

E: and I like having Drycha there as Katarin. Deciding whether to wipe her out early or move back north sooner is fun. Malakai is going to potentially stabilize the entire north. She will have natural allies north, southeast, west, and southwest.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 16, 2024

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

ad090 posted:

New landmark for dwarfs:

Lol, this is loving hilarious

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Azran posted:

These two quotes lead me to believe they're either going back to the 1v1 DLC format from 2 or just straight up adding less content.

This is an odd read of that, especially since we're seeing the model in front of us right now. You can buy each of the faction updates separately and there is clearly not less going on in there. If anything, my main takeaway from it is we should be getting higher quality and more focused DLC that you can decide which parts you want to buy. Not sure if we'll get it on quicker timelines or if it will still feature as a bundle drop, but ToD sure makes it look like they took the correct lessons from the SoC debacle.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

Look, it takes skilled dwarven smiths years to produce one beautifully-wrought, inlaid axe blade. Industrialization is trying to put honest craftdwarfs out of business by making them mass-produce cheap and disposable ammunition-grade axes.

Per streamers, quite the opposite. That shooting attack on the goblin hewer is apparently a massive shotgun blast of axes, not a single-target axe.

The goblin hewer looks to be more a melee piece that can periodically go 'gently caress everyone in that general direction.'

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
These overhauls for Empire and Dwarves look amazing. I'm very much torn over whether I will play Gelt or Malakai first.

One thing I don't like is that resolving all legendary grudges requires you to wipe out every High Elf faction but Imrik and Alith Anar. Plus the main wood elf factions. You're required to wipe out more high elf factions than dark elves! What did Teclis do to earn this treatment?

I do like my order faction hug fests. Luckily, the rewards resolving these two legendary grudges gives you are not that tempting, so I will just leave them unfullfilled.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Torrannor posted:

I do like my order faction hug fests. Luckily, the rewards resolving these two legendary grudges gives you are not that tempting, so I will just leave them unfullfilled.

Thanes?!?!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Or you could kill every elf?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Torrannor posted:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Nurgle military buildings only costing infections really solves their finances. If you properly run down every gnoblar you can get huge chunks of infections from battles, no longer having to save up 10k per blue (purple?) building in early game which was ugh.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Gonkish posted:

Oh wow, so it definitely seems like Sega cracked the proverbial whip, and CA is now in make or break mode. ToD is looking amazing across the board, which it absolutely has to be considering how badly they hosed up with SoC.

They actually did fairly in-depth race mechanic reworks! All the changes to Nurgle, Empire, and Dawi look great. The units look great. They're absolutely trying to make up for things after SoC clearly didn't land the way they wanted it to.

I want to see what the Nemesis Crown mechanic is.

I'm excited to see the nemesis crown mechanic but I'm definitely concerned that it's only available if you buy the whole pack. I want to just get Nurgle but if they gate the nemesis crown behind buying the whole thing, I'm going to be torn on this.

The race to the sword of khaine is already one of the best parts of IE, definitely excited to get more stuff to fight over

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Twigand Berries posted:

Nurgle military buildings only costing infections really solves their finances. If you properly run down every gnoblar you can get huge chunks of infections from battles, no longer having to save up 10k per blue (purple?) building in early game which was ugh.
Also being able to spend infections to force the cycle forward early helps deal a lot with the "well, I've recruited all the units I have available for the next 4 turns" problem with getting spun up too, it's really smart

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
LOL Gelt rekt?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Angrymantium posted:

I'm excited to see the nemesis crown mechanic but I'm definitely concerned that it's only available if you buy the whole pack. I want to just get Nurgle but if they gate the nemesis crown behind buying the whole thing, I'm going to be torn on this.

The race to the sword of khaine is already one of the best parts of IE, definitely excited to get more stuff to fight over

I thought Nemesis Crown was free content the way SoK is.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Angrymantium posted:

nemesis crown is base patch.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Lol all these youtubers have colds

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
CA making me really happy I didn't reinstall to get a VH win per faction yet because the QoL on display here is incredible. Also the new adventures to be had... y'all talk about opening the game and picking Karl every time, I haven't had a serious empire campaign yet that wasn't Gelt.

And now Gelt in Big Trouble in Little China? gently caress yeah.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Twigand Berries posted:

Lol all these youtubers have colds

They shouldn't have started with Epidemius

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Looks like empire wizard heroes are getting some new special skills with some great army buffs.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Ravenfood posted:

I thought Nemesis Crown was free content the way SoK is.

kanonvandekempen posted:

nemesis crown is base patch.

Oh thank god

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Torrannor posted:

These overhauls for Empire and Dwarves look amazing. I'm very much torn over whether I will play Gelt or Malakai first.

One thing I don't like is that resolving all legendary grudges requires you to wipe out every High Elf faction but Imrik and Alith Anar. Plus the main wood elf factions. You're required to wipe out more high elf factions than dark elves! What did Teclis do to earn this treatment?

gently caress the elves, umgi

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This game's development is such a wild loving rollercoaster. Every few months I swap between "game dead, CA dead" and "WE'RE BACK, BABY". Looking forward to the DLC after Thrones of Decay being a crushing disappointment that introduces a bug that disables melee defense for 6 months.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Most desired things to play

Gelt goes to cathay
Hew a goblin
Gelt returns home
Marius Wulfberg teaches lizardmen the basics of fire arms
Ghost dads

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Gelt's special unlocked Dark wizard spell applies a large leadership debuff to enemy units and disables the undead, construct, and unbreakable traits for them.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Mercy dropped some good looks at empire stuff.

Empire Overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAhk7ozERo

Gelt Doomstack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vloJEuHQ0

Everything about each of the race updates in the DLC is top notch, do more of this please CA.

Twigand Berries posted:

Looks like empire wizard heroes are getting some new special skills with some great army buffs.

They are completely busted and insane and I love them. Special mention goes to Grey Wizards (+20% ambush, Slippery, and Stalk baby. Surprise, all Pit of Shades! [this will be extra insane with Nuln upgraded mortars for an all sneaky army]) for making incredibly dangerous stalking armies and Amber Wizards (already had the griffons, but with the baseline yellow tree of +armor and MD and now 2 summons of great hawks) now giving you the ability to take the skies.

I've never wanted to Empire as hard as I do for this DLC, just loving excellence.

TaintedBalance fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 17, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That gelt doomstack is amazing, lol

I love that he's just casually talking about efficiently producing wizards like he's running a wizard factory

Just casually dumping 15 spells on top of his wizard blob

jokes fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 17, 2024

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Vargs posted:

This game's development is such a wild loving rollercoaster. Every few months I swap between "game dead, CA dead" and "WE'RE BACK, BABY". Looking forward to the DLC after Thrones of Decay being a crushing disappointment that introduces a bug that disables melee defense for 6 months.

THIS TIME they'll go bankrupt, I swear it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is very funny. recommended viewing.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

jokes posted:

That gelt doomstack is amazing, lol

I love that he's just casually talking about efficiently producing wizards like he's running a wizard factory

Just casually dumping 15 spells on top of his wizard blob

Watching spirit leech just melt lords is incredible. I can't actually think of anything that could take this on once it's leveled up besides maybe a map with no trees and a lot of guns. Even then, if you've got good micro you'll get them to blob up enough to wipe them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
the power of the geek squad...