Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I have been practicing in warhammer 2 with skaven I am ready yes YES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Ikit Claw: MOOBS! Yes. Yes!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Twigand Berries posted:

I'm computer dumb why is my preload only like 65 gigs

Compressed, mine is the same.

Either that or we've got another 40 odd gigs to look forward to on unlock day.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The campaign map definitely makes my gpu unhappy. Fan runs at 100% and temp is somewhere in the 82 zone. :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I think for cathay I really like the caravans, I would like to see them in more factions honestly. The wall is fun although once I got the gate rebuilt I basically ignored it apart from the odd autoresolve to get free cash on invaders. The compass is... ok, though I generally just want it set to economy unless the gates turn up and I need to desert all that demon poo poo out of the country. Harmony is a bit meh in campaign because it's not really hard to balance and I want to build a variety of buildings anyway? On the battlefield I really like it and think it absolutely makes the faction cooler.

Kislev I kind of like the ice court, being able to get interesting and different lords is cool, always like lord traits that encourage you to build different types of armies with them. The rituals they get are whatever, just the WH2 thing really. The orthodoxy/ice court split is... frankly baffling? They aren't different factions, kostaltyn screams about witches but you still get them and they're integral to his army. Frankly I agree with mandalore about he feels like a lovely volkmar. I think his side of kislev needs a whole different set of elite units and probably an economic overhaul too, you should be building two very different styles of empire, and the unification should allow you access to the other faction's units but at a big markup in cost. I hope this is the sort of thing I will eventually see in an SFO type overhaul of the faction, I would like to see a less magical and more faith based style of kislev, SFO again does provide a template for this with their version of the empire offering you the abiility to go sigmar or ulric as your patron god, with different religious based units and army abilities unlocked by this and favouring different religious building lines. That's cool and I would like to see something like that for kislev.

Haven't tried any of the other factions yet, but just from those two it kind of feels like they just... threw a bunch of mechanics at the game in the hopes some of them would stick? Cathay especially feels very scattershot, like they picked a bunch of random mechanics and glued them all onto a faction.

Kislev seems to be hard mode for me, despite it being the recommended campaign to start with. As Tsarina you're under attack pretty early on by enemies from the North, East and West. By the time you supress one faction Chaos parties come down from the North with doomstacks that mess things up. Then Skaven suddenly appear with doomstacks, then the portals open and the entire thing becomes extremely brutal.

Their units are a bit weird - they're hybrid but they feel a bit squishy in melee. Their magic and their late troops such as bears and snow leopards are really good though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tag yourself i'm Dod.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's good fun for me so far. It has issues - in fact much the same issues 2 had when it was first released - but it's entertaining. If anything they've ramped up the war aspect of Warhammer this time - in 2 you could go through a considerable amount of turns in pretty peaceful situations. 3 is alot more relentless and I'm finding myself using lords and heroes alot more often, whereas in the prior games I might have just rolled about with a singular doomstack.

This is possibly why I'm struggling so bad with Kislev!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lol. Lmao.

:black101:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

what the gently caress was your hellcannon doing?

I got surprise attacked by the enemy attacking from the right when I was pointing leftward, so wasn't able to turn fast enough.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bloody rats ruining my capitalist hellhole! Stop it rats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Zurai posted:

Both of the higher tier spells are very good. Hell's Hammer is a strong (if slow to cast, don't bother trying to use it against anything not already stuck in melee) linear attack, and whatever the other one is called is an actual absolute army-wiper. It basically spawns a volcano at the target spot, dealing damage immediately, then spawning a bunch of high arcing projectiles that hit in a ring around the initial spot, dealing absurdly massive damage. The total AOE is huge and it'll deal like 75%-99% damage to almost anything stuck in the radius.

The Hammer one, once you're fully levelled, is basically an "I win" button in that it wipes out an entire army unit rather easily.