Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
cannot loving wait for this to come out. I've been cold turkey on TWW since November and I'm champing at the bit to get stuck into a Kislev campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
hell yes, time to be a worthless piece of poo poo and play video games all day

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Vengarr posted:

How is the AI in these games? I remember thinking when TWW1 came out that there was no way it would be able to handle the unit variety and options.

it's decent. better than previous Total War games. at least for TWW2 the AI was predictable when you were familiar with it and could be exploited but it knew enough to attempt flanking manouevres and so on and it could catch you out if you were sloppy

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The UI complaints seem very fair. The General Redness doesn't bother me at all but I do think it's weird that they changed things like the skill colour coding or the dismantle/upgrade banner colours so that things are harder to read at a glance. It's minor but I do wish it wasn't like that.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Scott Forstall posted:

My kislev question - does the income from farms bonus for the hallowed wood stack? Like should each of the 4 settlements in the eastern oblast have a farm and a forest to maximize income?

It's local region not local province so each hallowed wood only affects the farm in its own settlement. Like the Bretonnian windmills.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Laughing Zealot posted:

Since both champions thus far and presumably the other two seem to have buffs for vassals, have WoC gotten some way to force-vassalise factions? I guess they have that awaken tribe thing for norsca but anything else?

yes, they can subjugate other factions. They do it to some greenskins in the let's play video

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Ravenfood posted:

e: They really need to make the Greenskin NPC factions be able to rotate who gets a Waagh next. Like Grimgor can go with it first because he goes first in the turn order when the global cooldown is off, but then he gets a longer cooldown from being able to activate it than a PC would so at least someone else can.

I can't be bothered to dig it up but I think they did actually talk about changing this in one of the discord Q&As last month. If I remember right the fix is just to allow more than one waaagh to be active at a time? Might be only for players not AI though.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Tirranek posted:

Just finished RoC for the first time as Kislev. Overall I had a lot of fun, and I think it's much better campaign than the Vortex, but it's also pretty exhausting.

If you play as the Ice Court it's a good campaign, well-pitched and the broad storyline of saving Ursun makes sense. If you play as anyone else then after the first cutscene you get the same ones as Kislev does even if you're playing a faction that doesn't give a poo poo about the fate of Kislev or Ursun's torment, plus Kislev becomes a map-dominating superpower every single time if you don't play as them. They're worse than Europa Universalis France in terms of being the End Boss every time you don't play as them. Also I'm not as down on the chaos realms as some people but I do find them quite tedious to have to play through each time, more so than the equivalent Vortex scripted invasions on repeat plays.

It was a valiant experiment and it didn't really work out imo

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Rakarth is one of the best campaigns in TWW2 and has bespoke chapter objectives that are more interesting than most factions' "conquer X regions". His beast mechanics are great fun too. Highly recommend making that your last TWW2 campaign.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Allegiance points with your own kind are useful for war co-ordination or requesting control of allied armies more so than for recruitment.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

sexpig by night posted:

yea I got the bull and sisters DLC but never got around to getting the proper Wood Elves/Beastman packs for 1 (speaking of, should I? I know they both got buffed from 'complete joke' levels so that's good but are the 'base' LLs and campaigns fun for them?) and I can use them but not any of the others.

The game 1 beastmen and wood elf lords are very good imo. Malagor is probably my favourite Beastmen LL - he ends up with a permanent Flock of Doom aura, it rules, and he's a flying infantry size unit like Valkia will be - and both Orion and Durthu are fun in their own way, then there's Drycha who is very distinct again.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Communist Thoughts posted:

In my last few games I haven't been able to pick up the sword after killing the elf wielding it, dunno what the issue there is

this was a bug that was supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch, but I haven't tested it personally

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Another perfect vigour unit that hasn't been mentioned is beastman centigors, although possibly just the RoR version? Can't remember. They've also got the rowdy trait that gives them PV until they start wavering, anyway.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It asked me to build "Tall Walls", empire l3 walls building...

Playing as Reikland I did this and the quest progressed fine so... I don't know what to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I'm struggling to figure out what to do with Ulrika Magdova as the Ice Court. I use Ice Witches to lead my armies and Tempest Frost Maidens as mages. Obviously they synergize together really well and with the almost all ranged armies I tend to field. She doesn't have any special buffs to units, she's just a really solid shadow mage which is great but doesn't really fit into what I'm doing.

she does generally buff Kislevite or Empire infantry in her army which is nice