Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

pnutz posted:

reserve #4 - I probably won't need this one but it's way too late and I'll just have an image of archaon getting stomped on by deathclaw or something

Please use this post to exclusively post Nurgling pictures and .gifs, please and thank you :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Not sure how much of this is internet phoneline, but previously GW was somewhat infamous for not doing market/customer research (supposedly even being proud about this fact) and stating that video games were just a fad.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm biased in that I collect them, but a playable Sons of Behemat army (for people unaware it is a literal army of giants) would be amazing :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dispelling is also a thing in tabletop, and higher level wizards were better at doing so.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Randarkman posted:

This may have changed in the editions, and I mostly just played in 5th and 6th (and a little bit at the start of 7th) but I remember dispelling being an "army" thing not tied to a specifc one of your caster, they just generated the magic dice, whcih could be allocated for either casting or dispelling (or were they separate?). That's also how Dwarf magic resistance worked out, they couldn't cast spells, but they could dispel and several of their characters (and possibly even units) did generate magic dice (runesmiths with anvils generating the most of all), which would naturally all be used for dispelling.

I may be wrong about characters not dispelling now that I think about it, I at least remember items like dispel scrolls and such that could be used to automatically dispel a spell and things like that were equipped on individual characters.

This is correct, I just mis-remembered and thought power dice and dispel dice were separate things. Forgot they drew from the same pool.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Worth noting as well that micro'ing Tzeentch barriers isn't some horrific level of cheesing exploit that Legend would use, it's just "pull your units back every so often" and you'll win every fight.

Believe Turin mentioned on the MP side that a cycle charging Tzeentch army would be horrible to play against whilst also stupidly strong.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 16, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just had my first CTD, after I used the new bombardment ability on a unit positioned on a platform. That bombardment ability needs a rework as well, it's very temperamental on what it can be used on.

Overall the game has been fun but it's TW:W, course it was going to be.

My biggest complaint so far is that I'm not really that fond of the new siege maps. Seems like quite a few of them weren't tested with moving your camera around them for lengthy periods of time (looking at you Dwarf and Skaven maps).

Plus some of the Ogre siege maps are a bit bizarre in that they don't feel designed for Ogre size units, if that makes sense?

Edit: Also these new siege maps are just way too big, to the point of being gameplay problematic. I've won too many sieges now I probably had no right winning by just beelining a cav to the victory point, which isn't exactly a new problem in TW games but the last time I remember it being an issue was in Attila.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 18, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Oh also I can't take a screenshot right now but if you want a quick visual treat, turn your graphics down to low and look up Skrag's model. It's something :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I am enjoying sticking a massive Ogre Camp within Altdolf's borders, just peacing out with aggressor Franz every so often after my big bois slap down his armies.

It's like if a professional wrestler starting camping out in Buckingham Palace's gardens, stealing from catering and occasionally punching the royal guards.

Edit: What's extra funny is Toddy freaking loves me for it :v:

Also I'm on a 1060 graphics card, kind of middle/low settings but the game runs well enough. I think my benchmark test was sieging two skaven stacks and the game seemed fine.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 18, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've had a load of fun slapping a camp down in the middle of Norsca and having Skrag run rampage, sacking everything in sight. Sadly Nordland has just taken the territory I had my camp in, will probably be going to war with them soon (due to the negative relations from raiding).

On the plus side, more humies to start looting from :yum:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Camps are a bit rough, like your encamped units don't regen health if they're in an "enemy" territory, but they're great fun otherwise.

Become someone's unruly neighbour, smash them in the face if they object.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Communist Bear posted:

Tag yourself i'm Dod.

I'm Skrag the Slaugh.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Every other LL: Uuuggghhh the Chaos Realms are so terrible you just slog through them picking up debuff after debuff blergh...

Skrag the Slaughterer: I AM SPEED!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Skarbrand is horrifying to fight against,

more so when he pops a Potion of Healing :stonk:

Edit: So I'm playing the Survival Battles first time round just to say I have/to look at the pretty maps, but never doing them again afterwards. They're extremely tedious and I haven't even reached doomstack status yet.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 20, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I beat the a chaos realm with 7 turns left on the rifts remaining. Can I just immediately jump back in?

I've left Nurgle and Tzeentch for last, although heard they're the worst ones.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

Nurgle infections are tied to post battle casualties by number so farm those ogre camps and knoblars god drat where are skaven

e: does this mean that campaign mechanics are tied to unit sizes lol

I believe Khorne's kill mechanic doesn't account for unit sizes but I haven't checked.

I know one of the Ogre Big Names needs 2,500 kills in a battle, which is tough outside of Ultra.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There definitely should have been a way to force rifts to open, maybe something like 20,000-30,000 gold to spawn one in your capital, because you're tiddling your thumbs waiting for them when you've already by-in-large won the campaign.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

These Tzeentch mutations are getting out of hand.

Also who knew Furies had such firm buttocks :butt:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I actually liked Skrag's battle and didn't find it that difficult? Bum rush the catapult army first, take out the Warp Lightnings with either Gorgers or a summoned Manticore, and use Dismember to slow the other army's advance. Afterwards even Halberd Stormvermin go down pretty quickly to Ogre charges.

Side note, the actual map for Skrag's battle is really nice looking. Nothing fancy but it's exactly how I pictured the Mountains of Mourn looking :allears:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 20, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How do you unlock Exhalted Bloodthirsters for generals as Skarbrand? They're there in custom battles.

Rank up a Bloodletter general and I believe at rank 12 you get an event to turn them into an Exhalted Bloodthrister.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm a little worried about how Warhammer 3 factions will fit into the overall cast, because it seems like all of the factions in Warhammer 3 are designed around having some kind of catastrophic weaknesses - like Nurgle's melee-only slowness, or Kislev's lack of specialized units, or the Ogres' extremely lopsided glass cannon stat balance - it's hard to imagine they're going to fare well on a campaign map full of more well-rounded factions that have baked-in counters to things that exploit their weaknesses. I can't imagine them reworking every WH1/2 faction to fit WH3's balance like they did with the WH1 factions over time to fit WH2's balance, so hopefully we'll see the WH3 factions fleshed out and given some more options and made less one-dimensional over time :shrug:

Skaven were pretty terrible on WH2 launch and now have one of the most well-rounded rosters in the series, so give the new factions a few DLC's and they'll be fine.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

AnEdgelord posted:

I am curious what their plans are for expanding the monogod factions, they have everything from the Daemons armybook and Nurgle even has all the Daemons from the Tamurkhan book (not the mortals from Tamurkhan though)

The only things left to do are marked beastmen, marked chaos mortals or backporting AoS stuff

My gut says they're going to backport AoS stuff, plus there's still some more generic stuff to fill out the roster like say base Warriors of Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh.

I'm imagining the main reason this wasn't done on launch was to not make the rosters too homogeneous, but they could be rolled out alongside more unique units that emphasise the faction's primary strength.

That or they'll be modded in :v:

Edit: Also I had the realisation last night that the reason the Survival Battles are so generous with their auto resolve results is so that your competing AI factions can actually get Daemon Souls.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Y'know,

I miss the giant Sigmar statue battle map :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How do I get my ogre units that are part of the camp garrison to replenish? When I mouse over the little x'd out replenishment icon on the units, it just says "local effects" are stopping replenishment...

If your camp is in a territory you're at war with, they won't replenish. Yes it's dumb.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Who voiced Ku'gath? Like all the voice acting is good but Ku'gath's VA is incredible :allears: His cadence as a happy horrific plague daemon is perfect.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 22, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I just noticed the Skaven in their army :lol:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think the diplomacy AI needs another pass,

because offering to give the AI territory just reduced my offer score by -25 :psyduck:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So Kostaltyn's lore is that he loathes Katarin to the point of creating a national schism between the church and the ice witches and looks to overthrow her,

and he hates me for defeating her armies after she started attacking me?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Nephthys posted:

Apparently theres a tie-in short story where Konstaltyn comes off a lot more level-headed and practical than he does in game. He even admits that he might have misjudged Katarin. Also at one point he finds a chaos cult in a basement, headbutts a demonette down the stairs before calmly locking the door and burning the building down. Which isn't related but is just cool.

I'm wondering if something changed direction wise with Kostaltyn during development? Like his cinematics plus the story you mentioned makes him come across more level-headed, but maybe someone higher up felt that made him uninteresting so they decided to go with aggressive zealot Rasputin?

Or maybe there was a lack of communication between various dev teams who had different ideas on what Kostaltyn's character was? Either way he's currently coming across as poorly developed/disjointed.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 23, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

First warcamp, somewhere safe. It is your recruitment building.

Later warcamps, where ever you want. Delete them and move them as you need but you can get a lot.

Be careful were you plonk down camps though as they'll inflict a raiding diplomatic malus against everyone except allies. This can become annoying if you start tanking your allies' opinions of you because you're raiding someone they like.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ogres cause big.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

From Outposts, can you get DLC units?

I can't and I'm assuming you currently can't, but I also currently don't have Warhammer 2 installed, if that's a factor at all.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Not sure if this has been shared here yet, but relevant information for people playing as Cathay/saying Cathay units underperform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_IpVi6KRn4

If you can't watch; Cathay's Formation Lock ability which is turned on by default makes your melee roughly 50% worse, because during combat they spend time trying to maintain formation/reform ranks rather than actually attacking.

Edit: Until this is fixed, would the OP mind adding this to the intro post?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 5, 2022

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just wanting to note that the Daemon battle themes are some of the best music Total War has put out in a long time.

It's a bit silly having a huge bombastic choir score when you're wiping out a three unit stack, but for actual battles it's incredible.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

babypolis posted:

I wanted to try a demon campaign next, because I always default to the boring human guys and want to do something different, but I guess their campaign mechanics suck? Whats the most fun demon faction?

I'm having a lot of fun with a Slaanesh campaign currently, but they're all supposedly pretty good except for Nurgle who's a bit underpowered.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Torrannor posted:

In theory, if you had some kind of mobile settlements as Norsca, and if non-chaos factions had a much slower campaign range in not-Scandinavia, you could achieve a similar effect. Then you'd only need some rebalancing of the economy (while keeping the general economic mechanic of "need to raid and raze to keep out of the red"), and perhaps a look at their dilemmas and god boons.

They're called Ogre Camps and they'd be a great fit for Norsca.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Any idea why portals are closing randomly? Its near the end of a roar cycle (5 turns until they all go away) and every time I get Katarin within 1 turn movement of a portal they vanish. I needed her to stabilize my lands for a bit so I didn't immediately go in, now I think I basically completely missed out on a round of portals. Its not the worst thing I suppose, but it is a bit annoying.

Been playing a Slaanesh campaign, with Marks of Slaanesh giving you sight over enemy armies.

Answer is when the portals starts spitting out daemon armies, AI armies change their priority to closing the portals. I saw the Welves on the map cross two regions to close a portal that wasn't affecting them at all.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just beat the campaign for the first time, overall I enjoyed it but felt I would have had the same amount of fun playing a Warhammer 2 campaign instead.

Not being one of the doomsayers screeching this is the worst affront CA has even produced, but think it's pretty reasonable to say this game needed roughly two extra months' worth of polish. Doubly so when it released in a month packed full of anticipated releases.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also, a couple screenshots from my campaign:

Turns out Tiktaq'to gets around in the Empire.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Staltran posted:

Sooo I just got the third soul... How strong are the soul grinder stacks going to be? Because I haven't bothered to close the rifts before, and I have settlements in about 50 different provinces, and there's no way I can recruit enough heroes in time to close all of the rifts.

Have you built walls in your settlements? If so you're probably fine, they're about 6-8 Soul Grinders to a stack but the rest are low tier daemons so they're manageable with micro.