Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Imrik eloped with the missing dragon sister and his campaign is dealing with the in-laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Chaos dwarves when

3.0. So Q4 or Q1 next year.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So Warriors of Chaos comes reveal on Friday the 15th. Wonder if that means the lord pack reveal will be the previous or following Tuesday.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Do you have skirmish on?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

Also, Naggarond is looking real empty. I realize part of that is just luck of the draw in what factions have been revealed, but even if we assume there's Malakith, his mom, the Twilight sisters, and Khatep we're still just left with a bunch of elves and one miserable undead priest. My bet is that Cylostra will shift north to backfill for Alith Anar, and to get a wildcard Dwarf or even a Vampire Count.

Grombrindal is moving there in addition to getting his own faction according to today's blog post.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Doomykins posted:

I agree with you entirely with a lifetime of being an avid fan of video gaming. It's why I forgave so much of WH3, even though that was a really rough launch. People declaring WH3 as inexcusably or unplayably bad but I'm over here amazed CA gave themselves like 300% extra work to deliver four full chaos factions. Then they added even more to that with Daniel and even more to that now that we know WoC and Norsca are pretty much guaranteed to get elevated to modern TWWH glow up standards.

I sincerely believe that if real corporate taskmaster assholes were in charge of TWWH we'd have gotten something like a mild Warriors of Chaos touch up with options for a few limited demon units of four flavors you can splash into your Chosen x8/Hellcannon x4 Stack for WH3 as the "big" Chaos faction.

Yeah, CA mucked up with the launch but the genre has so many worse outcomes possible. Devs should be held to (reasonable) standards or you end up with actual developer evil like Diablo Immortal. The fact that we get CA and their years long devotion to making the game and IE what it should be is a real blessing. It's kind of crazy to imagine how much total work has to be done for IE if we're getting every faction examined and touched up where needed.

:tipshat: And we'll still have people surprised it doesn't come out perfectly done when the IE Beta hits. Looking forward to the thread arguments about what it actually means for a game and/or feature to be called a Beta, and also playing the dang game myself.

I don't think I've played a single game in the last two years that wasn't obviously affected by covid to some degree. Some people just seem to be oblivious to it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
No blog today. Twitter says later this week, which probably means Friday to coincide with WoC start position reveal. Still 18 more positions to be revealed between the remaining 3 races, which should fill things in quite a bit.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They've been discussing who to make LL 100, so it's probably a coinflip between Thanquol and Nagash.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Gonkish posted:

All that we know is that it's 4 "Champions" of Chaos, and that's it. They've been extremely tight-lipped about it. No idea if it's a monogod thing (though I'd assume that's the safest bet), or what.

If their typical DLC marketing trend holds, they'll probably start giving us info/a trailer about two weeks prior to release. But who knows, with IE on the horizon?

Last week's blog said that this week's blog would have information about content releasing at the same time as IE. The only alternative would be the blood pack, so more likely than not we'll be getting info on Friday to coincide with the WoC start position.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63tkn6B_tI

Jade vampire faction symbol visible in the end screen.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
We take a break from our regularly scheduled Arghy dunking to bring you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0emnNGcfCM
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-introducing-vilitch/

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Looks like Vilitch gets a smaller/different CotW pool, just like Festus gets a smaller/different plague symptom pool.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

AnEdgelord posted:

Nagash isn't a faction though, he'd just be a lord that can pull units from the TK, VC and possibly VCoast rosters

They'd have to slot him in a faction and the above three don't really fit.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
What you're saying is Amazons confirmed next race.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

not a bot posted:

I wonder if that is just unfortunate phrasing about the FLC or if they actually leaked the existance of a thing.

The achievements leaked the existence of a thing some time ago, which have to do with points based trials which are probably a part of the Mirrors of Madness update teased several months ago.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think it's fair to say that only a few things in Warhammer are a metaphor for the horrors of late stage capitalism like the Dark Elves, the Chaos Dwarves, the Ogre Kingdoms, the Khorne, the Nurgle, the Tzeentch, the Slaanesh, the Beastmen, the Bretonnians, the Daemons of Chaos, the Dwarves, Grand Cathay, the Greenskins, the Skaven, the High Elves, the Lizardmen, the Tomb Kings, my dad, Kislev, the Empire, the Vampire Coast, the Vampire Counts, the Warriors of Chaos, Ind, Khuresh, the Wood Elves, and an ugly cat that jumped onto the table while I was playing once.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Third World Reagan posted:

of that list, like one of them are

the rest are just bad thing bad

You're sounding like a metaphor for the horrors of late stage capitalism right now.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Third World Reagan posted:

some of those are just early stage capiatlisim

Early stage capitalism is to late stage capitalism as a gateway drug is to meth. So in the end metaphors for the horrors of early stage capitalism are a metaphor for the horrors of late stage capitalism.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

DaysBefore posted:

Where's Nagash though

After the roadmap finishes we'll be at 98 legendary lords, if my count is correct, and they've been saying they want to do something special for number 100.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

It doesn't seem that complicated. People looking at the metrics said the pre-launch beta had 600 peak players. At that point launching the game is just a waste of money.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I thought this would be a Total War competitor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnduCKjEEQI

Then I didn't

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Limited unit roster, limitless chemical warfare.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If they start promoting it on Monday or Tuesday, we could still get three solid weeks of buildup and have it still release in April.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Rough details on the Nemesis Crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoqsM0DggVs

He's slightly mistaken here. The first bonus is different for either each race or faction, not sure which. Loremaster of Sotek showed it with Epidemius and the first bonus was reduced immunity time if I remember right.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Give them pointy ears too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
But in the original (release) campaign, they did not.