Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Moobs, my lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kazzah posted:

Total War: Warhammer 3 - One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Still got like 4 hours until I'm home from work and then maybe another 30 mins to 1 hour to unpack...

Have fun everyone :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

I’ve never played a Total War game. The last “modern” RTS games I played were XCOM 1 & 2 and…uh….Company of Heroes 1. I like the aesthetic of Warhammer, is diving into the 3rd one viable or would I need to consider playing the first two titles?

3 comes with a 2-5 hour prologue narrative tutorial campaign that's pretty comprehensive so frankly it's the best one to start with.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am absolutely loving the fact that you can just spawn an army to fight you if you're bored as Khorne.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Turns out I'm not exactly a modern day Zhuge Liang and managed to lose 80% of my army in the first Khorne quest battle. Oh well, at least I got some nice axes out of it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Ran into a bug last night while trying to start a Greasus campaign - I couldn't move Greasus army, which I've seen happen if there is a dialogue box that I'm expected to close. But there was no box to close.

tbh, being somewhat bad at the game does help with the tone of the prologue's story. I imagine there would of been a disconnect with the growing sense of desperation and haggardness if I was emerging from each quest battle with almost all my forces intact.

True, but sadly this isn't the prologue and I'm just being bad on the main campaign. Did a lot of mismanagement early on and nearly bankrupted myself a couple of times with the free armies you get for razing as Khorne. I kinda wish that there was an upkeep discount on them or something but I can also see it as the game telling me "use it strategically instead of just hitting it for fun, dumbass".

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Now that I have a functioning economy I am enjoying the fact that I can use the portals to just teleport Skarbrand to Kislev and gently caress up a ton of poo poo there while the other factions are distracted by going into the Realms of Chaos.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Around 200+ turns into my Khorne Domination campaign, razed Kairos to the ground, only both Cathaians and Skrag are left. None of them have more than 2 souls so I'm safe from the race at least. I'm tearing through Cathay right now and Skrag is stuck in a hellwar stalemate with the Empire so he'll be easy to take out last. The hardest part is going to be getting the 50 provinces settled I need for the victory condition, really. At least I killed all the Nurgle minors so no more plagues to deal with.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I did it, I'm free.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Portals are fun as Skarbrand because you can just port into the middle of Cathay or Kislev and gently caress poo poo up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DaysBefore posted:

Thinking about a possible Ind and Khuresh, what's the sensitivity response to Cathay been like? It's all broad stereotypes but has it been received in like a good way or in a 'oh yeah these guys made the pygmies' way. Because seeing more non European-based human cultures would be sick but I have no idea if we can really trust them with it.

As someone who's ethnically Chinese, I can't speak for everyone obviously but I really liked Cathay and thought they were rad as hell without falling into stereotypes. A few mainland China communities I know also enjoy it a decent amount.

Also, as someone from Southeast Asia, hell yeah make us super cool snakemen.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm probably going to take out the dinosaur toys and revv up Kroqgar for a spin across the Southlands.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Settra the Quite Perishable

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

who is the most OP LL to take the sword with?

It is incredibly funny on Nakai.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nakai with the Sword of Khaine is utterly loving cracked and funny as poo poo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Always play more lizardmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

chinese guy here just glad they didn't go in for the "asiatic hivemind cultures have no respect for individual life, therefore human wave tactics" chestnut.