Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
AoS is really fun now. I picked it up about two years ago and the game is good.

Warmachine really hosed up. I used to play that too but they went as hard as they could on fostering a poo poo community then hosed the game up lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

H2Eau posted:

I kinda like the sound of just uniting Kislev and holding those lands. Map painting time is about when i bail and start a new campaign

Same for me. Making a strong core territory and sending armies out to fight and damage/destroy my enemies without having to conquer some random hole in the ground that monsters lived in feels good to me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope they do something to make warriors of chaos more interesting in IE but not holding out too much hope.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I already booked in my full allotment of rostered days off for Elden Ring but I'm working from home tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if people I call on the phone hear a gentle clicking in the background and I inexplicably become unavailable at 2pm.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice I just walked in from work. Time for the stinky boys to go smell the place up I think.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Greasus Goldtooth is my best friend
Edit--I really need a new gpu drat. This old 1080 isnt happy

I went to a 3070 from the 1080. That thing is a workhorse and I bless it from afar.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's 2022. What the gently caress is this texture doing here?

That looks like loving dogshit from ten years ago.

Just look at this loving d-tier garbage.

Your commitment to being a miserable person is admirable. Good luck.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wouldn't have noticed them at all if they weren't absolute trash. And yes, I look at the things that take up a big portion of my screen when I play video games.

Look at these lovely trees. They suck.

What's wrong with them

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I heard one of the streamers kept making a fart noise on a soundboard every time he clicked end turn

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How long did ME take to come out for TW2? I've got absolutely no recollection of whether it launched with the game or much later.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kanos posted:

Just shy of a month after TWW2's release - TWW2 came out on September 28th, 2017, and ME released on Oct 26th. It was honestly really fast. Norsca was the big problem child, taking 7 months to come out after ME because they had to basically rebuild the entire faction's code from scratch.

We're past that kind of timeframe with TWW3 already and they're still muddling through post launch bugfixes and their first balance patch is slated for some time in April, so it's probably going to be a while.

Yeah I'm not stressed about the timeframe on this one, it's a big job. I just couldn't for love or money remember how long it took last time lol.

I've barely scratched the surface due to Elden Ring and GT7 and I might not be ME ready for some time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kanos posted:

IE has a big advantage on ME because, in theory, the load time fix will be present at IE's release. It's hard to emphasize exactly how torturous ME was to play back before potion of speed.

Yeah it was loving awful. I think the disconnect in my brain is turn speed patch ME vs vanilla speed because I'd get so frustrated with vanilla that I'd abandon games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I just play the game on hard and make funny armies with things I like in them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Should I play this game yet? I installed it when it came out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I did a few vortex campaigns staying on target to win the race and enjoyed it. It forced you to do some things that were risky and that was fun to me. I also liked that you could basically ignore it and just stomp anyone that tried to start the final ritual.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm not loving trying to guide bricks of dudes through these streets and poo poo. Also this game looks ugly for some reason that I can't put my finger on compared to 2.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My IE campaign is going to be slam pick Ungrim now that he has a roster of worthy foes to fight.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tirranek posted:

I like Imrik because he brings the prickness full circle into being kind of great.

I can't remember the line exactly but when you put Imrik in ambush in a forest he comments on obscuring his majesty or something lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I really hate the new sieges lol. What if sieges but they take even longer and are weird to manage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gamerofthegame posted:

Mostly comments about 20-30 second turn times, which isn't the worst

This is all good imo for the scope of it and being at launch. Not exactly the bad old days of being able to make a cup of tea from scratch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I kind of wish that Ungrim was a bit closer to the daemons. He was going to be my first run, but the possibility of chaos dwarfs makes me think I might go with khorne and save the slaying for later.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't get what they've done with the visuals in tw3 still. Everything looks fuzzy compared to the last game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'll try fxaa for graphics thanks.

Should I be taking settlements as Valkia or just plundering everything? Feels like I should be fighting all the time, but I get worn down by battle losses and need to rest.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Third World Reagan posted:

The only settlements that are worth it are the dark fortresses and on IE that is your goal.

Let the bull and morathi take the south.

Now if you are near a fight, there is one building that adds more income from fighting nearby which is ok to have.

Otherwise for healing, your blue line does apply healing when in enemy territory, or just keep giving territory away to norscans.

Great thanks, simply handing off settlements to my smelly Viking friends has really made economy and management much easier.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I played like 50 turns of Valkia. No issues, turn times are short, still find new sieges irritating to play. Perfect they did it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Feel like I've barely played my army in this Valkia campaign. Every battle is a walkover on VH so far. Hopefully now that I've smashed everyone north of Ulthuan there will be some opponents with a bit of get up and go.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

moosecow333 posted:

I decided my first IE campaign would be Orks since I’ve only done Order factions before. They’re pretty fun but I’m itching to get to my black orks.

They don’t seem like a super complicated faction, but anything I should know? I have a real hard time razing settlements instead of occupying them and I hope that’s not gonna cause problems.

You're all good occupying settlements as orcs. Not a lot to know more than don't underestimate gobbos (particularly nasty skulkers early against enemies in armour) and never stop fighting.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Has anyone made a call on the new best cav in the game, because khorne juggernauts have got to be up there. They're so good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can't believe that IE works out of the gate. I'm stunned.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is there any way to not have settlement battle just devolve into a rugby melee? Moving units is all so finnicky it feels like the only way to play the battles is automove your entire army down a road and hit fast forward.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm finding the ai a bit too cagey as well tbh. It runs from fair fights, won't engage in a war. Alith Anar sat on his settlements outside my borders while we were at war for like 30 turns and didn't invade despite me having all my armies away. Basically just sat there waiting for my economy to be so strong I could raise more armies at home and roll over him as well.

The only enemy that was aggressive or a challenge in any way was drycha in my khorne campaign. Every other faction just folded in half almost instantly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is Imrik on a horse still an angry little bee that instantly kills anything bigger than a man?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Grombrindal's campaign is great. The start is hard and you have no resources. Took me 75 turns to finally get on top of Malekith and Valkia and I had to fight a not insignificant number of clutch battles. Valkia, her garrison and two other mid stacks chose to attack me outside the dark fortress and there just happens to be a cliff with no chance of flankers there. A gloriously dwarfy end to that faction.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The fortresses kind of killed my drive to play more new chaos Lords because you kind of have to be fighting chaos to get strong. By the time I got around to the empire and Kislev they were a haggard mess.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Third World Reagan posted:

You get money from vassals.

Norscan vassals can settle anywhere.

They give you money.

Money is strength.

you only need one dark fortress

Maybe I did something wrong but the money from vassals seemed like nothing compared to fortresses and constant sacking.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dramicus posted:

Yeah, but the game seems to be really trying to communicate that High Elves are just the best at everything. After securing the southern tip of the southlands I found myself surrounded by non-hostile Lizardmen (Even Oxyotle had taken all of Antarctica) so I decided to take the elven colonies to the east and from there jump into the sea lanes to Cathay.

High Elves get -1 travel time to sea lanes because they are just so super good and special and their global recruitment with the right techs unlocked is very much suited to them supporting far off operations with elite troops from home.

Also they get an invocation that nullifies deep-sea attrition for like 10 turns. lol

I mean the high elves were the OG seafarers and their principal deity in a lot of their major factions is the god of the sea. Being good at ocean is very much a high elf thing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do Korhil with a horde or roaming style mechanic and stick him out between Cathay and the Empire on a quest to beat up a demon or something.

I'd like them to come up with a roaming hero type mechanic for a character tbh. Something like you are a horde or limited settlement faction that focuses on single entities heavily and gets points from fighting the enemies of your friends. So kind of like vassal money, but you get paid for being friendly. Maybe dogs of war will have something like this?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tolth posted:

"Wow, there's really no units or factions left to add at this point. I hope they'll have enough material for future DLC, something that can fit on the RoC map..."

Monkey's Paw Curls

"In an effort to prevent the end times from destroying this world, Sigmar reaches into another, drawing forth his most steadfast servants. The souls of these superhuman, nigh-immortal warriors have been magically reforged by the will of Sigmar...."

You could cook up some pretty fun mechanics for them tbh.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've got no idea what I'm doing as skarbrand. Everyone but Queek wants to fight so I'm just fighting everyone and getting skulls. Haven't expanded at all but now everyone's been partying in my one region for so long (like 60 turns) my home crew of 2 Lords and 4 heroes with a couple of RORs are all like level 15 and Skarbrand is just sacking like his life depends on it to pay my 3000 upkeep deficit. That said I've got like 30k in the bank and we are about to break out so I think the fun is only going to keep rolling.

E: on rereading this maybe I'm playing khorne perfectly

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ok I don't get skarbrand. I just run out of steam and it's game over.

E: I'm pretty sure the fault is mine in that I don't want to micro every single boring fight to make sure I don't lose too much manpower to the grind, but it boring pointing skar at enemy lord and then waiting for the fight to end

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 30, 2022