Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's ok pal, I want Imrik to mount me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Most of us are getting it through steam so best plan on NA pacific time with a hangover anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Alctel posted:

The original rules of Age of Sigma were also monumentally bad as well, which didn't help at all.

Apparently later editions unfucked it a bit

The rules for legacy fantasy models in particular felt like they were taking the piss out of their fans. AoS seems fine nowadays but the whole End Times/launch period was a hilarious fever dream.

In hindsight it's also hilarious that the two big Warhammer killers of the time, Flames of War and Warmahordes, decided to follow the old-GW business model just as GW got its act together.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nagash and Thanquol are going to have amazing VA work. I trust this.

Mode 7 posted:

The stuff from the prior games carries forward if you own it right? In one of the game modes or something?

Basically what I want to know is if I can play as vampire pirates in TW:W3 cause that sounds great.

Yes, but that will be coming a few months after release unfortunately.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ZearothK posted:

I love this model. I also love the story that GW kept rejecting the artist's pitches and so he got pissed off and sent them the dumbest skeleton he could conceive and they went "This is great! We're using it!" and that's that.

I don't even care if it is true, I believe it.

I also like how we know Nagash started as a normal-sized dude. So at some point he was like "normal sized skeleton? Nay. Servant, fetch me a giant skull. I shall be a Big Boy."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Omnicarus posted:

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

Ogres rampaging through the local hWaterburger at 3am

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The cav stuff is especially frustrating because of how they feel in 3K. A red general's bodyguard hitting some archer militia feels exactly like it should. A max size 240-man unit will be scattered in seconds, and the cav actually charge without having to babysit them.

It's a shame how incredible TWW's animations tend to be while the battle engine feels like everyone's weightless.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 14, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
US rating boards are famous for the consistent and logical rules they follow. CA must be lying to sell the 4-dollar DLC.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I want to see some T-posing bears.

meanwhile on tabletop,

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Reik posted:

Can't wait for simultaneous multiplayer, gonna show those daemons the power of collectivism.

horrendous nurgling erasure in this post.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

KingKapalone posted:

Is it possible to play the Chaos gods in campaign co-op? Each playing one faction with the same goal? Not sure if they're similar enough in the same way that two of us could both play the ogre LLs for example.

There's no more head-to-head vs co-op. You can be anyone, work together, and then it's up to you if you take the second place to help your pal or stab them in the back.

Combined with the mini campaigns, seems like it's going to be a blast.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That criticism reminds me of game 2 campaigns people loved that I bounced off of. Like pirates or Taurox. I have one doomstack, and I aimlessly wander around picking fights. Eventually, I win the story. It's the exact opposite of "people won't like this because it doesn't have the mix people want from Total War." People love sending one doomstack crashing into hapless AIs over and over until they get bored. Lots of people want 0 campaign map.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You could add more eastern style steppe units to Cathay.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Teclis in late WHFB was one of the first named guys to not be overpriced. He was a flat upgrade and in basically every meta army. Broken fucker.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol at Turin dominating the ai with a full stack of Kislev light sleds. No army can stand against them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Thé non-vortex vortex campaigns are pretty well regarded at least

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Marked mortals have the potential to be far more different now that they are not physical plastic toys. The art was always far more differentiated than the tabletop armies (except for people really into conversion)

Tzeentch knights compared to the others are the exception that proves the rule

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The barrier + speed advantage + range advantage also means Nurgle is hilariously hard countered by Tzeentch. Far and away the biggest hard counter yet in the series. Not just in MP: To the point playing a normal campaign you’ll dread those fights, according to some. Your army has almost nothing to do but waddle till they expend all their ammo on you, with the AI being the AI your only respite.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also daisy chaining lords around the map is tedious

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Not that many years ago I’d have been planning an all nighter for when it unlocks at 2am here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

uber_stoat posted:

invent a dead relative, contract a rare tropical disease.

Say you got the rona

Actually get the rona

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I love the lore bullshit of the prologue I just wish I could make my dumbass bro stop pausing to tell me how to move units or level up. Add an "I'm just here for the story" toggle. CA you hacks, 2/10.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nash posted:

Started up ogres. Once you put a camp down is it pretty much permanent? As in there is no way to grow it in one area and then move it somewhere else? Once you abandon, it is gone and you must start all over?

They are meant to be destroyable. Have one in a safe area to level it, use the rest to drop and abandon at key moments in expansion.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I know at least one hams poster is a steppe horde nerd here

Playing the prologue with my partner that is half-russian half-kazakh irl, she avoided spoilers but she's def pissed that Yuri the Ungol is just generic kislevite

The prologue was the one bit we avoided to experience firsthand.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AnEdgelord posted:

yeah Kislev is super weird and I'm not sure I like or dislike it yet

having a whole faction made up of Free Company and Lothern Sea Guard is much weirder in practice than you would think, I keep trying to lay out my standard lines of melee infantry in front of my ranged troops before remembering that I don't have to do that, on top of that I need to get a feel for when I should be sending guys into melee or hanging back and shooting because I have absolutely not figured it out yet

try having a full stack of sea guard or sisters

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We press the attack on chaos wolf man base and everyone does what we want except Yuri, who is running all the way around the walls

Ok, it’s a bug, but lmfao

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hemale in pain posted:

Ranked matches are kinda hosed. People just leave the lobby when they see what race you've picked if their one isn't a direct counter to it, also im pretty sure someone disconnected their internet and it gave me the defeat. feels like matchmaking from like 15 years ago with stuff like that.

you can also apparently load a saved loudout of a different race and it'll switch you even if you have 'locked' in something else apparently but i dont think people know about that and i've not tried it

People leaving will prolly get better after the release hype dies down. The longer term community was a lot chiller in TWW2 iirc.

The Witcher season 2 has a chicken leg hut and it has me excited to get Lady Whatshername on a hut mount. And they better fucken give her a hut mount.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kazzah posted:

I just saw a Kislevite general named Evgeni Koshka which I'm pretty sure means Eugene Pussy

Yes it's a direct equivalent to "pussy" double meaning and all

Watch out for that guy he sounds like a slaaneshi double agent.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why does everyone keep fatshaming the ogres, is it bigotry?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Quest battle pro tip: never stay in your deployment zone and never do what the advisor says, because assholes will spawn behind you

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I dunno what it is but I always find myself severely underrating marauder champs.

Especially when loving Skeggi is making GBS threads them out on turn six.

Third World Reagan posted:

When you think hybrid unit, you think it can do both melee and range.

What you should think is why can't you guys be Sisters of Avelorn instead

e: we're watching the Witcher on netflix, it reminded me that Henry Cavill is a huge dweeb who loves Warhammer. I really wish they'd get him to voice a lord. Dude nails that goofy gruff witcher voice.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 26, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah stat buffs are dull. Grom disappointed by being a goblin-focused leader, my poo poo, who just... makes goblins really good? They're supposed to be dying in droves. I don't want super buff goblins fighting chosen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Yvonmukluk posted:

His mother still loves him the best. :unsmith:

*chuckles in Malekith*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Armoured kossars feel particularly like a whiff to me just because of regular kossars being a pretty solid cheap trash unit. Throwing cheap archers at the AI is still extremely good... and I can get them with spears?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's 100% going to be warrior monks and guardian lions. Practically every other long-theorized fan unit made it in.

The only twist add was kid dragons instead of the big papa himself.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 26, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doomykins posted:

There's a nice lore blurb in the loading screens about monkey warriors who behead guys and rip out their tongues as a post-battle snack. I'm expecting some Not-Empire roster additions from Cathay DLC. As well as Moon Empress sneaky sneaky troops or whatever they want to attach to the next Dragon Child LL.

Ngl I would pay for the blood DLC again if it added some really over the top stuff like that. I wanna see ogres literally pick up a guy and chow down for a finisher.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ulio posted:

Kislev because ice bears.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've had skirmish and guard mode act wonky in quest battles. Also one of the prologue battles, iirc the second scripted one, the units all turned to Small for the battle then went back to Ultra? I avoided watching it prerelease so maybe that is intended, but boy howdy it was strange. That's like the one setting TW will not let you change midcampaign.

The first few up until the siege where you kill the Wolf, actually, me and my partner really thought a serious bug was happening, restarted multiple times, got real confused, till we discovered the obvious: those battles were just defaulting units to skirmish and guard in weird ways. Also Yuri pathfound off into the distance for the wolf battle instead of going into combat, but that's all sieges, I later learned.

e: it would be funny if that was intentional on certain units, like clanrats just turn and run when you try to throw them in to hold something scary. Terrible gameplay, but also great.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 27, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Attrition prevents them from replenishment even on VH, at least.

Gonkish posted:

THE LEGION OF AZGORH. Hell yeah, give it to me, CA. Gimme. Now. Also the big map. But mostly THE HATTED ONES.

They're the explicitly non-hatted grimdark forgeworld ones :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The only nice thing I can say about the realms is that they're aesthetically cool, at least before you get fucken sick of them