Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Moobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Confirmed midnight PST release

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1492815835609632770

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Randarkman posted:

Do we even know anything definitive about this?
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

quote:

CAN I PURCHASE DLC FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER GAMES I OWN ON ONE STORE ON ANOTHER (AND VICE VERSA)?
Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

you'll need all 3 games. I can't think of any time I've heard anything but "all 3 games" for IE.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Fraser Brown wrote PCGamer's review

https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-3-review/

scored a 90.

I'm looking forward to the Three Moves Ahead episode. They said recently it might be a couple hours long.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Legend's video review is taking awhile to render, so he hopped on a livestream and has been talking about it:

impressions from his comments
-better than WH2 at launch
-rates it an 8.5/10
-loves the game, hates the Realm of Chaos/Demon Soul mechanic of the campaign
-says you can basically ignore it/interact with it a little as you want with little consequence (Slaanesh's realm is the only one worth visiting), as there's no reward to finishing
-minor settlements good, major settlements bad

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Sinteres posted:

Yeah there were mods that increased vortex ritual requirements a ton, so I think that's likely. If the rifts still pop up all the time even after you finish the campaign, that's really stupid.

Crazier than that, they only pop up every 30 turns or so before you finish the campaign but once you do, they pop up all the time. To Legend’s point, the game kinda punishes you for completing the campaign. There’s no traits or bonuses gained for gathering the souls either. Kinda wild. He and a few other content creators gave feedback but nothing so far.

Slaanesh is the only realm worth going to, and not for the soul but for the exit bonuses. And apparently CA had much lower bonuses at one stage of development but testers would never bother taking them. So CA massively boosted the bonuses. They need to do that for the other 3 as well, along with a completion bonus once you do capture the soul.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 15, 2022

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Sinteres posted:

Legend posted a correction:

I need to make a slight correction here. Once the narrative campaign is won no new rifts will open up. Close the ones you want closed and they'll never open up again

Oh, that seems much better. You still need a network of agents to go around and close them all, but at least they don’t reopen.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Do we know how to unlock Boris yet? I feel like I saw something about it but lost track.

Hold the 3 main Kislev settlements for 10 turns, then he is available.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
does steam still take a while to decompress a pre-load?

I'm on fiber and 120GB should only take ~20 minutes or so based on a test I did today. It might be faster to just wait for 3:01am ET and download/

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Here's the unlimited magic trick Legend's been mentioning in streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-pj5XXFaY

Seems like you could almost stumble upon it with the right combination of skills, especially for a Kairos campaign.

You need a death wizard with life leech or a life leech-esque effect and at least one arcane conduit. Legend shows the effect with a bunch of arcane conduits. Know to be possible with Tzeentch, Nurgle, Cathay, possible more.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 16, 2022

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
If a lord is about to defect because of loyalty, you can move them out to the water then disband them and they won't generate a rebel army. I've seen Legend do this in his shaven streams.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
My boss and I talk warhams at least a couple times per month. He told me if I submitted for time off for Thursday/Friday, he’d approve it. We also have plans for the 3-player Kislev campaign, along with a coworker who we got hooked on tww2.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Heck ‘n yes!

Woke up a little early and checked my phone. GG errybody! Starting coffee now while it downloads.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Gamerofthegame posted:

How do you manage Kislev's devotion minigame? Your opponent ticks up overtime but you can only get points while the invocation is running, which needs devotion, and you're losing both in the early game because you're fighting kislevites

is the answer that it's bad because I feel like that's the answer

You lose supporters each turn until you wrap up the eastern oblast, I believe, so you want to take that asap. Legend shows the idea in the first part of his kislev campaign. No cheese strats or anything, just seems easy to get underwater in the supporter race with kostaltyn if you don’t grab it fast. Once you get past the first milestone (50 supporters), you can more easily take a big lead and he’s not an issue.

My kislev question - does the income from farms bonus for the hallowed wood stack? Like should each of the 4 settlements in the eastern oblast have a farm and a forest to maximize income?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Its not an original idea, but they really need to make IE the sandbox mode for WH3. Available if you only own WH3, it can show all the DLC options without someone having to spend to get all three base games. Additionally, their post-launch DLC from here on out can take into account that everyone who has WH3 has the IE map.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/TotalWarLegend/status/1511666769148379145

Heh.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Twigand Berries posted:

I don't think anyone is waiting to do the big map lol

it's just going to be awhile

i think they call it "managing your expectations" which means always expect the worst possible outcome

I'm waiting for the big map and have resigned myself to it being awhile.

I've reinstalled Fallout 4 and am playing with a bunch of realism/survival mods for the first time. Next game I will purchase will be Starfield, so I'm kinda in the mood for some Bethesda jank.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Doomykins posted:

Taking bets on what the next fan outrage is after the vaunted road map is finally in hand. :allears:

with CA's seemingly endless talent for stepping on rakes, it'll be either (a) set a deadline for IE that they miss, or (b) set a deadline for IE being nothing more than "when its done"

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
The story doesn’t even make sense - why are all factions racing for the souls? Did the advisor make a deal with all the factions? But in the opening cinematic he says something like, which faction should I align with to get my drop of blood, right?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Anecdotally myself and several friends are part of the 95% who "quit" or whatever the assertion is. I played my 60ish hours and I got what I wanted out of what's available right now. I do not think it's a bad game, in fact I liked it, and all of us plan to continue playing when more is added. It doesn't mean we hate the game and have abandoned it forever.

same, I've quietly dropped it until fall at the earliest. I got back into Stellaris and that can keep me occupied for a long time. The only change as a result of the poor rollout from CA's side is I'll wait to get DLCs when they're on sale, instead of always buying every DLC at its release, like I did with WH2.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-the-immortal-empires-map/

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Lucinice posted:

I want to print that map as a poster.

definitely. I have a nice, big cloth map of the Empire from Etsy. I'd love this map printed super high-resolution the size of a movie poster.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I love all the changes so far. Plus, feels like they’re saving the biggest/best changes.

I’m working through one final Skrolk SFO campaign in WH2 and then it’s all-in on IE.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Apologies if this was already mentioned, but it was nice to see and I wanted to share this but from the Q&A

CA posted:

Oedon: Will we get to 100 LLs or 100+ LL with the future DLC packs and FLCs?

Will: Almost certainly. We're already doing some thinking about who'll be no. 100...

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

haha yes, free wfh monitor from work just in time for IE

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Torrannor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryL3al6pk4A

Teclis' voice actor updated his imdb page to state that he's voicing Prince Aravel in TWW3. Could be a new legendary lord for HElves? Something similar happened with Deathmaster Snikch in Mortal Empires.

Speculation is that he might go to the Eastern Colonies, which makes some sense. On the other hand, the Sea of Dread would have 3 HE LLs around it, which is a bit crowded imho.

man, GBoG content machine go brrr

As for my first play through, I'm thinking Archaon? I've never played WoC before.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I’ve enjoyed the journey of this trilogy so far and will continue to do so, but the mind boggles at the potential of what 5 more years of content, iteration, polish, and bug-fixing can bring. Ugh, just release the beta now, CA.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

from the subreddit

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Dandywalken posted:

Wish we could add a poll to thread, would be neat to see everyones fave race to play as here

I wish the game kept track of your time played with different races and LLs

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

I'm happy with this

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Somebody made a Legendary Lord picker:

https://wheelofnames.com/c3j-2ya

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 1, 2022

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Ravenfood posted:

Not too much information there yet, but supposedly an LP is coming tomorrow. Cheaper teleport and he (they?) get buffs to MA/MD and spell mastery when casting or fighting seem to be the highlights.

based on Legend's comments this morning on his stream, content partners will be able to show off IE in "about a week".

I'd imagine it will be limited at the start to one of the DLC LLs and only 20 turns or whatever like they've done in the past, with the restrictions lifting the week before release.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Kazzah posted:

Ham 2 just got a 9GB update, no notes yet

New ads for WH3

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I think streamers will be able to show IE campaign stuff this week.

fine the thread's divided on Legend. He's my favorite TW streamer and I totally understand why someone would bounce off his style. He hit a subscription goal so his first IE campaign will be a This is Total War campaign with Settra in the new desertbowl. Should be a clusterfuck.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I am humbly asking you to link us to any rants he may go on. Especially CA should listen to me type rants.

his rants around wh3 launch and the months after were just bad content, regardless of how you feel about anything else. he put a spotlight on himself for trolls to swarm and his regular viewers receded. he's mellowed a lot since his worst 'edgelord Legend' days, as he now derisively refers to that time, though he could still stand to ignore the chat more (in my opinion, at least). he seems a lot better at not getting baited into a RoC rant by chat.

I like that he loves breaking total war games. Since Rome 1, TW games have always been my most played games and his nonsense play just amuses me for some reason. I do like, watch, and sub to most of the big WH youtubers. As a community, its neat that they all have their unique angles on it. I understand the lore and the game better as a result of legend, sotek, Turin, indypride, zerkovich, okoii, enticity. they all seem to have their style and it works.

its been a fun ride so far, feels like we could have another 4-5 years of CA support still ahead and the mod community will live far beyond.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
dammit, so hyped by the trailer. that was good. map art style is nice. can't wait for streamers to dig in tomorrow.

I have thousands of hours in this game but have only finished a campaign twice, so starting with IE, I'm going through LLs in release order (base WH1 > WH1 DLCs > base WH2 > WH2 DLCs > base WH3, etc), using a random picker to choose the order when multiple LLs were released at the same time. I'm playing VH/VH, so rules are that I can save-scum if I really screw something up, but I have to delete all my incremental saves before I end a session, have to keep army comps as lore-accurate as possible, and I have to finish the campaign (don't need to do a full-map completion, but just to the point where I've eliminated all major foes, etc). I used the IE LL spinner someone made recently https://wheelofnames.com/c3j-2ya

Here's the order of the WH1 base LLs:
Karl Franz (yes, this actually came up first lol)
Mannfred von Carstein
Ungrim Ironfist
Heinrich Kemmler
Azhag the Slaughterer
Sigvald the Magnificent
Archaon the Everchosen
Thorgrim Grudgemaker
Balthasar Gelt
Kholek Suneater
Grimgor Ironhide

the full list is complete through shadow & the blade dlc

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

MikeC posted:

Holy poo poo. August the 23rd will be the new Christmas. How many more sleeps???

1,000,000 seconds to go

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
gently caress just release it early CA drat

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Muscle Tracer posted:

OK but actually, what is that flag button he clicks at 7 seconds in to warp to another part of the map? Is that new, or a mod? It's not in the current Realms campaign at least.

I think he's searching for the name of the lord? is that in WH3? I dropped 3 after one time through RoC and haven't played since before the first patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Midnightghoul posted:

The AI is in a very bad state

yeah, I'm most of the way through day 1 of Legend's This is Total War Settra campaign and the AI is so passive. In ME, the Top Knotz are much more aggressive for example.