Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Man, it's been a long time since I've played Card Hunter. Love this game though.

I've played through with a few different characters, even trying to make it through with only two alongside my brother. I don't remember where that run ended, just that it did somewhere in the middle.

I'll vote for Human, stand 2, and simply named Hammer. It really helps to have a reliable fighter in this game, Elves just always ended up too flimsy in the role for me.

AtomikKrab posted:

Dwarf

WARIO

Clearly its WARIO TIME.

On reflection, this is a much better choice than mine. Seconding this!

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Elf Waluigi, the Wizard

We must continue the theme

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Human Cleric, named Daisy

We've gotta put the whole crew together

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Yeah, let's go for 2. Premium Adventures and B. for bashin' it up. I remember there's some pretty brutal blunt attacks in the game, forcing enemy repositioning aside.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
I say we go for Altruism, gotta draw those cards

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Wario realizes that the most effective way to hoard all the cash in this group is to swap out that value for gear meant only for him.

As for artifacts, hm, I say B and C.

I do like Frenzy, but having a good mix of healing and debuffs too never hurts.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Valley of Tezcal, while Wario might not mind the stench, let's get some fresh air.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Oh, goodness. Radioactivity. The most random and chaotic of mechanics. I typically avoided it given the game doesn't operate with that much RNG on the usual, but if everything was going downhill and it was around, might as well open the can of worms.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Ah, good old Deadly Spark. When you can get 'em lined up, you can make 'em regret it. Good damage and helps deal with enemies with annoying armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

That Italian Guy posted:

Only the groggiest of the grognards can try and stop us, because today we're going straight to the top in the Cardstock Playoff Qualifiers! And since we're talking about serious business, stick around at the end of the episode for another TSR History section - this time on the original D&D Championships!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLTV2v0_4k

Ah, Cardstock. Truly the most venerable tournament for hunters of cards. It's always interesting when the game throws you up against more player-like opponents, the dynamic is a good bit different. I wasn't much of a PvP person in this game, but I did find them to be fun mixups.