Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
The boxes are nice. I did that 10 or so years ago. The buffet is not really worth it, they have to shuffle everyone in and out in a time slot so you don't get much time to eat and enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost
There is a dining room with tables that overlook the track. So you shuffle in, shuffle through the buffet line, shuffle to your assigned table, eat, shuffle out. I won't say it's a rush, you might even have time to grab 2nds, but it's not a nice relaxing dinner. It makes sense because they need to turn those tables over several times to get everyone through in time.

Food was good though.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost

bigbillystyle posted:

I don't think the car itself had a very good showing. Fenders were coming off like crazy during the wrecks, plenty of wheel issues, suspension that was breaking after being looked at wrong (compared to the old car) and apparently if you have flat tires you are basically out of the race because the car cannot be driven with flat tires. E: also the hood flaps that kept coming off during normal race conditions.

I think the flaps were really bad. If the hood flaps were ejected themselves going down the track, I don't expect them to hold any force when needed. And Burton rolling over, his flaps didn't hold the car to the ground. The roof flaps don't seem to work very well with the car going sideways.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost
Darlington is a lot of fun. I'll second what mearn said. It's loud. You always have cars in front of you due to how much the field spreads out. I like the Pearson grandstand at pit entry so you can watch everyone struggle to make pit lane on absolutely worn out tires. Parking is good, getting in and out is easy as long as you follow everyone else.

It might rain. There's always a chance. Bring an emergency poncho. It probably won't last long. Darlington never starts on time. It's HOT. And HUMID. Bring lots of sunscreen and water and a sweat towel.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Some of the angles from the stands look crazy fast like he was shot out of a cannon

Also the reactions of Jr and Burton at the end are gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yNc5EasW8

This one shows the most damning evidence that NASCAR is going to ban it. No way they let it slide after seeing all those fans hootin and hollering and going nuts having a great time.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He wasn't able to keep the car off the wall into turn 1 & 2 after the wall ride, seems pretty likely the car was totally hosed after 1 ride.

His spotter told him to do that. I'd like to see how messed up the car is under the body panels.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost
I root for Suarez and Wallace :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Nap Ghost
Bill Freedom :patriot: