Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh please, like anything outside of Warsaw matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

Haha, “Rzecznik Prasowy” means “Press Secretary”, it’s not someone’s name.

the dastardly criminal, Prawo Jazdy, strikes again

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Different, but related phenomena:

I'm part of a facebook group for english speaking expats living in Warsaw. At one point we had to purge the member list and restart the group, because it was invaded by english speaking US citizens of Polish descent, living *in the US*, who joined the group to post anti-black, anti-semetic, and anti-everybody-who-doesn't-vote-PiS memes, many of which were in Polish. So it seems, at least from this experience, that there's some sort of community of US based ethnic poles who eat a steady diet of TVP (and radio maria or whatever else) in addition to whatever rascist american poo poo they consume.

Oh, for sure. PiS and previous nationalist parties have historically always won the abroad vote.
(and, as an aside, PO usually wins the prison and mental institution vote. this makes for great rhetorical bits for a week after the results)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

Looks like they're trying to do something with the Giertych controversy. His daughter is being interviewed and she's guarantees that her mom and her sisters will "keep an eye on him" so we don't have to worry our pretty little heads about women's' rights.

Oh cool

hey who dropped this

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
why did so many poles emigrate to the great lakes area anyway?? it feels like everyone has a relative in Chicago or Detroit

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh yeah they’ve been doing blackface on that show forever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week posted:

Oh yeah they’ve been doing blackface on that show forever

the usual suspects tend to crawl out to say that
a) antiblack racism is an american problem and here it’s all in good fun
b) there are no black people in poland anyway why are you offended on behalf of noone

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

It’s produced by Endemol, a Dutch company. They know exactly what blackface is and what they’re doing.

That’s a wholesome zwarte piet celebration so mayhaps YOU are the real racist :smuggo:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

post fox news next

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
NSDAP was famously a leftist party

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If the world at large perceived me as „worse Czechia” I’d be slightly xenophobic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Gonciarz had legitimately the harshest fall of all youtubers I cared about at some point in my life. Dude should’ve stopped youtubin years ago.

But yeah! We basically had a localized #metoo event purely about idols of current youth

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I’m just glad Quaz is all good

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Tevery Best posted:

jaki miałes nick na agorze

arbi

armpit_enjoyer posted:

now thats a name i havent heard in decades. i remember his webcomics

still waiting for Thanatos to come back

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
pokolenie jp2 is real it’s just that they misidentified which generation it is

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
How else would you convince the moderate vote?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

high salaried software developer who decided on the wave of Razem’s initial success that what’s really needed is high salaries for the party leadership

yospos bithc

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Lol no he won’t, he’s literally candidating on the platform of „actually PiS let too many browns in”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the xanthous visage

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I wonder what’s gonna happen to TVP. Like surely it’s beyond salvaging now??

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Libluini posted:

The hell? They want to eat cute dogs but not uncute bugs? Are they space aliens? :psyduck:

bugs feel no pain which means they couldn’t maximize the cruelty potential

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
and if you eat dogs you’re gonna piss off some julkas which is ultimately the goal of konfederacja

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Szarrukin posted:

Continuing the dog topic, but with much nicer news - Karol Litewka, Nowa Lewica candidate from Sosnowiec, put a photo of a dog from a local shelter on his banner and won by a landslide, with over 40.000 votes - more than ANY other candidate from his electoral constituency, including Nowa Lewica leader himself, and twice as many as all Konfederacja candidates combined.

I am taking notes for my 2027 senate run

How come nobody ever runs for the senate. I know it's like a retirement home for politicians, but you need like what, forty thousand votes? It feels like nothing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I am shocked!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bright Bart posted:

I don't normally post here because I refuse to accept the facts on the ground and prefer to think of Poland as a Baltic state (which, being in Gdynia it definitely looks like one). One of my favourite authors, Joźef Korzeniowski, put it quite clearly that anyone who views Polish history through the lens of Eastern Europe is foolish and anyone who sees its future as a Slavic country is a traitor.

:wtc:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Gdynia has access to the sea in the same way it has access to the pacific because every water’s connected, maaaaan

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh I was just getting in a passive aggressive snipe about the Bay and specifically the Gdynia port. Mom this water was gross as poo poo why did you take me here to swim

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The domestic terrorists got 7.2%

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I love revanchism.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mokotow posted:

(He just drops these factual tweets or one liners unrelated to nothing in particular whenever the next shitstorm hits the social media)

My fav was the time when Notre Dame was burning and he posted about prices of pork

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

anilEhilated posted:

e: Actually screw that, I'm not going to spread the killer's views.

i think that actually i can guess what they were

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Meet the new PM, same as the old PM

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Give him some time!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bright Bart posted:

Polish people prefer their soda/iced tea/juice/beer etc. warm (which I doubt).

This is real enough for me to know multiple people and family members who are like that

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It is quite a low ranking district of Warsaw after all

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bright Bart posted:

if there were that'd be a [word that's hard to translate but basically means one-off facts like dates of events] class not a history class

Man yeah that's history classes in Poland so it might be related

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Lepper 'killed himself' the same way Epstein did

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Lol Duda just announced he's going to pardon them again

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.