Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

dr.acula posted:

The mall I used to work in had a security guard that was a furry.

It was a decent paying job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I mean I've been a security guard for a bit as well but I left my weird fetish poo poo at home or at least discretely hidden in my rear end

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Officer Furball sounds like a South Park character lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
was the movie any good?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
What kind of bat is his fursona based on? Like, the little flippy flappy echolocating insectivores with hosed up faces or maybe some kind of fruit bat with faces resembling sort of a small dog?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm going to pirate this movie and force my girlfriend to watch it with me so I hope it's not poo poo or I'll be hearing about it until my next fuckup

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
What I'm really asking is whether the bat suit has erect nipples in this version

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

frumpykvetchbot posted:

What I'm really asking is whether the bat suit has erect nipples in this version

You're asking me to spoil a major plot point

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i'm going to see this in an hour. without spoiling, what's a good cue for me to go and take a piss? because i will need to at some point.

somewhere around the middle, like a big action scene i can lose two minutes of and not miss much.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Start right after the trailers end and don't come back until the credits

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Has there been a Bat Man film where Bat Man is moody and a Joy Division song plays

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

I'll split you open and I don't even like coconuts.

roomtone posted:

i'm going to see this in an hour. without spoiling, what's a good cue for me to go and take a piss? because i will need to at some point.

somewhere around the middle, like a big action scene i can lose two minutes of and not miss much.

When they start talking about "Rata Alada", feel free to leave and not come back.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When Roboute Patterson says “Alfred, fetch the Bat Champagne Sabre, Nancy Pelosi is coming over to “check in” “

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

it was good.

pano dano's performance and overall role was kinda whatever, but the trailers didn't excite me anyway. his actual motivation was good though, totally made sense and progressed batman's character arc. his final act of flooding the city and planning to kill hundreds, maybe thousands of random civilians didn't make sense but they needed something HUGE i guess.

i think people are bothered that there's not much bruce wayne in this movie but that's one of it's strengths. bruce wayne's non-batman life isn't interesting.

selina/cat was one of the best parts of the movie and i like that they made it a love story between her and batman.

i was never fully loving it but i liked it pretty much all the way through. people saying the third act is unnecessary are just wrong. if you're gonna cut something out of this to make it shorter, you can cut some of the detective stuff on what riddler's up to because none of it is that clever apart from the first one. el rata whatever was actually kind of stupid, now that i think about it.

but mostly the slow pace and (for a comic movie) sparse action was good. this is about the right level of realistic reimagining for batman world, i think. joker was just boring until the last 20 minutes.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

was the movie any good?

Right now, no, but I think in ten years, when I’m deep in my middle age and more nostalgic for the 90s, I will think it was a hidden gem that I didn’t give enough of a chance, because it sorta feels like a mediocre but stylish movie green lit to capitalize on the success of Se7en. IMO it’s considered good because of how much it pisses Ben Shapiro off.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Imagine if it was The ButMan and he just used his power to but into conversations

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mysterious frankie posted:

Imagine being 16 and getting mall arrested by a guy in a Simba head in front of all your friends.

Haha yeah.
Just imagine what that would feel like.
God that would be so embarrassing and humiliating...
I mean wow I can't lol haha glad that never happened to me a lot

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

roomtone posted:

it was good.

pano dano's performance and overall role was kinda whatever, but the trailers didn't excite me anyway. his actual motivation was good though, totally made sense and progressed batman's character arc. his final act of flooding the city and planning to kill hundreds, maybe thousands of random civilians didn't make sense but they needed something HUGE i guess.

i think people are bothered that there's not much bruce wayne in this movie but that's one of it's strengths. bruce wayne's non-batman life isn't interesting.

selina/cat was one of the best parts of the movie and i like that they made it a love story between her and batman.

i was never fully loving it but i liked it pretty much all the way through. people saying the third act is unnecessary are just wrong. if you're gonna cut something out of this to make it shorter, you can cut some of the detective stuff on what riddler's up to because none of it is that clever apart from the first one. el rata whatever was actually kind of stupid, now that i think about it.

but mostly the slow pace and (for a comic movie) sparse action was good. this is about the right level of realistic reimagining for batman world, i think. joker was just boring until the last 20 minutes.

It's amazing that I can disagree so vehemently with the middle of your post but agree fully with the first and last paragraphs.

The movie was 30 minutes too long and the third act needed to end naturally, not with the big crisis extension. I know that the whole point of the catastrophe was to provide a framework for vengeance --> hope but that could have been done so many other ways, like Batman rescuing the ex-Mayor's son from a kidnapping, which would have bolstered the whole sins of the father theme; after all, here's another kid who had a corrupt father and was about to lead a privileged life because of that fact.

As in all Batman movies, the cops are total idiots, too. Once the APB goes out on Batman, why not station a SWAT sniper overlooking the building with the Bat-signal? Why am I so disturbed by this minor point? Bat-signal not on police HQ? I mean, it would have started to appear on the route of those open-topped bus tours of downtown Gotham like the second week it was in operation!

The love story was just pasted on. Ugh. Without a real look at Bruce Wayne -- not Batman, and I believe that the "Bruce is the mask/Batman is the real identity" interpretation is a facile one -- you can't have a meaningful love story in a Batman movie.

Riddler as an intelligent Ted Cruz Zodiac-type who's even smarter than a detective Batman was a welcome sight, as that's one of the few ways he's a believable threat to Batman.

All in all, a much more grounded and realistic (except for Act 3 part 2) Batman than we've seen even with Nolan's earlier Bat-films.

e: removed "grittier" because it's not grittier than Nolan; Dark Knight Returns got into the psychological aspect of "exactly how far over the line can a vigilante go before he's a criminal" while this movie basically tells us to accept the Batman's actions as justified

Admiralty Flag fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 20, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

your idea for a last riddler move is better than what's there, yeah. could still build in some action climax to something like that and not have it undercut his motivation for everything else he does. like i said, what they did was not the best idea for the ending but i mean, you can't just end the story before all that stuff happens because it clearly isn't finished.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They should replace riddler with a griddler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Lol this is the first actually good superhero movie of any kind since 1992, of course people don't like it