Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ooh, this will be interesting. Heard good stuff about this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Would it surprise anyone that Squeenix reported today that the game performed under expectations when it comes to sales?

But then that seems par on course for Squeenix and their sales expectations about non-FF games. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh that was some good, and unexpected, music choice. :D
Also I lost it at the logo drop.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That scene transition near the end was just loving stellar. :D

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, I admit it took me a second to catch on that she was actually a kid and not someone just extra short. :v:
But she was really nice and not overbearing or whiny like a lot of other kids are written. Or wise beyond her years for that part.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Blame Squeenix not advertising it enough because they either thought the reveal stream at E3 of it was enough or got dissuaded because they overdid it on talking about it at the same stream.
Superhero fatigue might also have had something to do with it for all I know. But it definitely disappeared way too fast. And I suppose no post-launch support plans was a double edged sword.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Relax, we're getting him out afterwards. This is just standard adventurer plans at play.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Gamora going "death herself" is an impressive eye for detail from the writers.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DMorbid posted:

I don't know if I was supposed to read this in Drax's voice, but I absolutely did.

poo poo, now I'm doing it as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.vg247.com/how-to-write-a-funny-game-guardians-of-the-galaxy

So it turns out that the secret to writing good comedy is beer.

I would also post a longer interview that Eurogamer did with the lead devs but it's also very spoilery at places so I won't in this case but it does deal a bit with the lacklustre sales. Or at least what the devs thought about it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah poo poo, I didn't even think about that and just glossed right over it. :doh:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I keep most videos running on my second screen these days so I can glance at them if anything really happens. And I'm following at least two other LPs which put out hour long episodes on the regular so that's fine.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Isn't that just a long play? Although I guess those do the whole game in one video.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dick Rider!
Who I remember was in a relationship with Gamora for some time in the comics.

What's kinda funny is that Lady Death likes Deadpool more, and just gives Thanos the cold shoulder.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 18, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So is running with streamer mode accidental or too many content ID warnings?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

From what I recall, Gamora's tastes are more down to earth. At least in the comics.

DMorbid posted:

I just enable it whenever the game plays a song I know is going to get blocked. In this case, it was Call Me by Blondie, which got the first episode of this LP ContentID blocked in the US before I re-recorded the offending bit (which is why you hear Turn Up the Radio twice in episode 1).

Ah, fair point.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Disappointed that the QR code on that Emporium ticket doesn't seem to work.

I can't believe they got in a "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" mention in there.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 26, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Now we're just missing Thorse.

Apparently Throg showed up for a cameo in the Loki series. Where he was even voiced by Chris Hemsworth. :allears:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels like she also just liked having someone finding her attractive, considering she lost her husband and son previously. Then suddenly having someone putting moves on you might make you dismiss certain other issues just for the chance to feel cared for.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh gently caress. :stonk:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DMorbid posted:

While we're on the topic of music, I'd like to take the opportunity to once again complain about the most baffling decision in the making of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. How in the blue hell do you license "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac, use it in two separate scenes - one of which is a climactic action scene - and never use everyone's favorite part of the song in either scene?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLC-tHvkNvI

Because British F1 fans might react poorly? :cheeky:

I mean Fox on the Run on the same soundtrack wasn't even in the movie itself. It was a trailer track they liked so much that they decided to add it to the soundtrack.

There was an article around when the movie came out that broke down each song on the soundtrack and the reason as to why it got added or featured in the movie.

Ah, found it:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/inside-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-soundtrack-123648/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fun fact; No Guts, No Glory is also the name of the ending track for the old Galaxy Rangers cartoon from the late 80's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmDckVV5vxQ

Frankly it's a real banger of a track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah yeah, agree with the sentiment the writing is stellar but the combat is lacklustre. At least they almost knew that by adding the difficulty settings to make you breeze through it.

Also no idea if Embracer is the only one with the Marvel license as Firaxis is working on Midnight Suns, the Marvel XCOM game. And they're part of 2K.

Squeenix divesting all their western studios and announcing an NFT game on top of it.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 9, 2022