Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is such an unexpectedly awesome game. I really loved going through it and made like three dozen screenshots since it looked so stunning. The characters are great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Way to lose against Rocket there. The last huge was the all or nothing round and he got the drop on you. I'm sure everything is fine and that suspicious gem is just a prank prop from the old crew.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

Would it surprise anyone that Squeenix reported today that the game performed under expectations when it comes to sales?

But then that seems par on course for Squeenix and their sales expectations about non-FF games. :v:

Too be fair, it did underperform a lot since way more people should play it but didn't chose to do it so far.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
By keeping the llama you also lose out on a stupid but kinda of charming puzzle.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Catching up with the videos. And I'm remembering the joy of my own playthrough.
This game is just so incredibly pretty. These space shots are amazing. A late game place is still my desktop wallpaper. I am literally having trouble coming up with a prettier game, when it comes to setting and aesthetic. It's good that you got the 4k videos running.

I am kind of sad that they screwed up the marketing so much.

Also it's odd how everyone seems to be finding weird bugs. While I had close to nothing of that sort.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 14, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Personally, I have no problem with long videos, if it makes the breakpoint more natural.
It's not like the viewer scheduled 40 minutes to watch it and is suddenky forced to watch it 20 minutes longer making them miss an appointment.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the extra effort. I hope you keep doing it this way. Personally I'd rather watch the videos with the original soundtrack shortly after you release them, rather than having the songs preemptively cut out or turned off on streamer mode.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DMorbid posted:

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1521017250899271680

Square Enix sold all their western studios and IPs at a huge discount so they can focus on the blockchain or something. I don't know what the status of the Guardians license is, but I wouldn't expect a sequel anytime soon. Well, you probably weren't expecting one anyway.

Honestly, that's good news. These studios are quite good and I feel they didn't really strife under Square Enix.
But yeah, Unfortunatley, I don't really see a for this one coming up. I'm pretty sure the license is firmly in the hand of Marvel itself anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Bestest Boy!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

painedforever posted:

The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it. Not for the combat, but for the walking around, listening to the other Guardians chatter on and on with each other. It's like a movie that you can play.

It's genuinely my favorite game of last year. The team banter is so incredibly great and there is a great progression from difunctional found family to best friends. This dynamic is better than any marvel movie managed to do so far. And it is so incredibly, absurdly pretty. One of the last colorful scenery shots of space has been my desktop wallpaper ever since I played it. Half of the time I was messing around with photo mode. I have genuine trouble comming of with a prettier game from recent time. Not just based on graphics quality but also the diverse and detailed settings. Maybe Horizon Forbidden West.

The only negative aspect was that the combat was a bit tedious at times.

Everyone buy it! It's not really gonna happen, but I want a sequel.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 9, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Now imagine if we got a Fantastic Four game this good.

I literally can't.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, it's definitely less rape and more of that cinematic trope where one or both sides claim that it's a bad idea and that they shouldn't do it while continuously undermining their own point by re-engaging the smooching.

I don't think she'd have had trouble to shut down Peter if she actually wanted to.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I know I am repeating myself, but this game is insanely pretty.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

painedforever posted:

Right, okay.

So, is it fun to play? I can see that the walking around and talking bits are entertaining, rather more like an interactive movie than a game, and it's so beautiful to look at. I'd be willing to just sit there with the controller set down just so I can listen to your teammates talking continuously (there's so much dialogue!).

The combat looks hectic and noisy and chaotic. Is it button-mashy?

Actually playing the combat can be fun. It feels a bit long at times, but there ist so much happening and so much banter that it passes quite quickly. Some enemies have too much health though.
But the combat is definitely the weakest part of the game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, I can sort of relate to that. I have a deep personal hatred for "Lemon Tree" by Fools Garden. The fact that we tried to sing that in class for weeks did not mitigate that hatred. For some reason nobody I talked too agreed with that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCQfkEkePx8
Here have a listen to that piece of poo poo. My 15 year old memories did not fail me, it's awful and the instrumentals make my neck cringe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

achtungnight posted:

Ah, I see. Sorry to make you explain. As someone with issues where I can’t stop worrying easily if at all, I feel your pain.

I imagine video games making it a mandatory section with one song fragment playing over and over does not make things easier.

It's only mandatory if you're a monster who is mean to Kammy. :colbert:
That song is just punishment.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I was considering posting that one (The channel is fun) but it's a bit to close to the real thing.
You know what's a great song? The one which made Gamora open up to Peter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM
Also this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI
That one stinker aside, this game has the best soundtrack.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 28, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah it absolutely does. This might be ones of the most heartfelt moments in any video game. And the voice actors sell it so well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Gamora's voice actress is so good here. Her voice broke in a realistic way.
I want a sequel!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

painedforever posted:

Alright, we're back!

I'll bet the option to not save Cosmo never gets used. It's probably like that achievement for Dragonfall for killing Dante, which, like, nobody has done because, I mean, why would you?

And I'm saying this as a guy who doesn't like dogs.

And eventually, some psychopathic streamer who purposefully takes all the bad options tries it out and finds out that the developers didn't even bother to make that button functional, because there's just no use in that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Drax already told us that he'd rather hunt Fing Fang Foom during the very first mission. The idea is that this was discussed and firmly denied before the game even started. Third time's the charm, I guess.
In hindsight, that plan probably wouldn't have unsealed a galaxy devouring death cult.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I wouldn't call this ready either. More like desperate enough.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DMorbid posted:

If someone wants a new desktop background (or possibly something to put on the side of a van), here's the 4K version without text.

Ever since I played this game, I do use a screenshot of it as a desktop background. But it hasn't come up yet

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nikki's deal is kind of unclear in this game. It is implied that she was at least blonde or something else unnatural for a Kree all along, since they kept a hair-dying apparatus around to fool that Kree Purity Council. But I don't think they could have hidden it if she had fire hair.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Look at this beautiful sky box.

That's been my desktop wallpaper ever since.

Thanks for the LP!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 9, 2022