Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I am Groot!

Loosely translated- I hope to enjoy this LP! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am Groot!

Loosely translated- I should not have been up for sale!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Funny, I’ve been letting Groot handle my stock investments a lot lately and they’ve been doing well.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
What do you think of these sketches, Groot?

I am Groot!

Well said.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I'd read it in Groot's voice, but the problem with that is it would sound like "I am Groot."

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am Groot!

(Translated- I’m ok with long videos!)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thanos and his crush on Death are briefly referenced in the after credits scene of The Avengers first movie. The Other (spokesman of the Chitauri) tells Thanos to invade Earth is “courting death”. Thanos grins in reply.

I would not be surprised if Drax had a crush on Death also. And Gamora if she swings that way. Groot too… maybe.

Am I right, Groot?

I am Groot!

I thought you’d say that.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 18, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Given the popularity of funny talking animals in most media, it’s surprising Cosmo hasn’t made it into the Guardians movies outside an unvoiced cameo (at least so far). Maybe they thought he was redundant next to Rocket? Not going to express personal opinion on that.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Futu-Rama has robot priests! And a robot devil.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am Groot!

Loose translation- Dude, we’re gardeners, not guardians! Stop picking on us!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Great conversations in this update, especially in relation to Nova lore and Groot.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I can think of worse songs than “Don’t Worry Be Happy.” “Let it Go?” “ My Heart Will Go On?” “The Song That Never Ends?” I have more…

I am Groot!

You’re right, Groot. I should not torture people.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ah, I see. Sorry to make you explain. As someone with issues where I can’t stop worrying easily if at all, I feel your pain.

I imagine video games making it a mandatory section with one song fragment playing over and over does not make things easier.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am Groot!

Loose translation- we understand. As long as you get it to us eventually. We have faith. Thanks for checking in.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Not that kind. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am Groot!

Faith justified! :;

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Congratulations on getting a ps5. I got mine last week. Hope you will finish Miles Morales, but will understand either way.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for the new episode, also for reminding me of a great Pat Benatar song she's still willing to sing (if you haven't heard, she will no longer sing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" due to gun violence).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
So much for my knowledge of 1980s music. :(

On a more relevant note, now that I've watched the video, I like Gamora's nightmare of Nebula. The sort of future vision you wonder if it's a dream or a prophecy.

The "Drax's tattoos" and "Gamora loves the Guardians" were also great bits of dialogue.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 20, 2022

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Unless of course GotG 3 is really awesome, but I hate to say I have a feeling that won't happen. :(

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
A dragon. Hmm, I killed one of those with my bare hands in a game once. Maybe I can take on the real thing too. Right, Peter?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I feel Gamora & Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles would have a lot in common. So would Arnold & Groot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Having watched the video, I wish to say-

The lines from Drax and Kosmo towards the end- "You may go to whatever heathen paradise you believe in. I will pray for you being allowed to visit mine" and "Nyet, Kosmo is best of boys."- are my favorite lines in the game.