Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

bring back the 17" powerbook imo

frankly this tho the 16 ain’t shabby

i like the idea of having two tbh, but if i had to pick one it’s be the big one and maybe an ipad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

Team,

I also saw that Dell is offering a 21” laptop. seems darn impractical to me but it could be good for some of our power users. Maybe we should offer it as a special order?

Thanks, Silver

my dumb nerd rear end wanted one of these once upon a time lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

could just diy some poo poo and put ur mech kbs in

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

if you don't have to fly a lot, imo the real limiting factor is just weight. a backpack or messenger bag will often fit anything between 12-17 inches (the latter at least with a modern skinny bezel design)

they feel weird but those fujitsu magnesium laptops are wild. 1.95 pounds for a 13.3-inch laptop, it almost felt fake back in the day

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean i think they make them in as much as anyone who isn't a company like foxconn makes them.

they recently (in the past few years) did a partnership with lenovo to give lenovo lighter notebooks, but the magnesium lifebook things were all fujitsu for a while