Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Because China terribad when it comes to human rights, op. The games should never have been there in the first place. Hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tarquinn posted:

Because China terribad when it comes to human rights, op. The games should never have been there in the first place. Hth.

Tankies about to swarm the thread with their "But what about Amerikkka? " posting. I hope you're proud of yourself op.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Amerikkka bad too, so what?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Amerikkka bad too, so what?

*angry, frothy sputtering

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I genuinely didn't know the olympics were on

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
It's the winter Olympics it's not the proper Olympics

Though it is probably more fun to watch

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, genocide isn't a real thing shitlib lolcows. I saw it in my animes

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's a whole loving sub forum for posting about the Olympics you loving idiot why aren't you permabanned for being a shitpipe yet, Christ

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

New Olympic sport?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you got your big cheese
i got my shitpipe

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

love to build cities where residents literally cannot walk or bike anywhere unless you are actively trying to be ground into ground beef

There are a shitload of people riding bikes in Beijing, probably more than any american city, they ride around in huge flocks. This probably isn't beijing though i dunno.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

there are no bicycles in Beijing… just look at the photo. Urbanism strikes again :(

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Schweinhund posted:

There's a whole subforum for the Olympics OP, FYI

D&D?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

why are they being held in a country doing a genocide is the more pertinent question OP

If we couldn't have the Olympics in a country that isn't doing a genocide then we'd never have the Olympics at all!

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

My favorite part so far was the speed skater who cheated by tripping another speed skater. Now that’s Olympics. That’s what I’m here for

The best part is that video being wiped from the internet because ~"copyright"~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nfvqckDqk

Thankfully there are jifs:

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 16, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Who What Now posted:

If we couldn't have the Olympics in a country that isn't doing a genocide then we'd never have the Olympics at all!

No reason for these dramatic overexaggerations, Iceland, the Pitcairn Islands and Antarctica do exist

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh Limp Dick Champion.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Why is there no snowball/snow fort competition?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll be cold and dead in the ground before I acknowledge the existence of the Pitcairn Islands!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Who What Now posted:

(wracking my brain) bhutan

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We should ban Olympics, all of these "athletes" are just wasting everyone's time instead of learning how to code or at least playing football. They aren't even making any money unless a brand turns them into a puppet to shill running shoes or something, what a waste of human potential!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nauru

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Why isn't there a sea Olympics?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

there are no bicycles in Beijing… just look at the photo. Urbanism strikes again :(

ah gently caress, no genocides AND bike lanes? yeah i think we're gonna have to shut down the olympics if that's the criteria

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

i just thought we were all collectively tired and the olympics were last year, too, due to the famous virus of covid 19… anyway they should probably get rid of the whole country cosplay thing because all of the athletes seem to be free agents anyway, also nobody cares about politics

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

ah gently caress, no genocides AND bike lanes? yeah i think we're gonna have to shut down the olympics if that's the criteria

perhaps a lack of bike lanes is the greatest genocide of all

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

My favourite competitive sport is choreographed couples' ice dancing.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If there was a working God that lived and thrived on the Human condition as much as Olympic Athletes need to than the OP would have been noticed, by the mods, and been perma'd.

As is, this and these forums live in an eternal state of loathsome ignorant ineptitude, upon which I spit.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*pfft*

That's me spitting.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

there's an olympics subforum OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Big Beef City posted:

If there was a working God that lived and thrived on the Human condition as much as Olympic Athletes need to than the OP would have been noticed, by the mods, and been perma'd.

lmao are u okay

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why aren't videogames an Olympic sport? People spend thousands of hours perfecting a strange activity that's got no application in real life, and somehow we still don't have Olympic dota

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
was watching an event just now that concerned both skiing and shooting some sort of BB gun? lmao seems legit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

precision posted:

was watching an event just now that concerned both skiing and shooting some sort of BB gun? lmao seems legit

Biathlon rules, chump

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Its harder to get all horney about the wibter olympics, call me when the chickers are loke doing the big skiing jumps in bikinis or something :shrug:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha I love seeing those underage girls in swimsuits as a joke though hahah, wait let me go!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Really racist of the Olympic committee to not allow the Chinese to bring their new sport of Uighur Run into the Olympics.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

GABA ghoul posted:

No reason for these dramatic overexaggerations, Iceland, the Pitcairn Islands and Antarctica do exist

Viking genocide erasure. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Can we please stop making a fuss about genocide.