Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
im down customers like 50 percent we are so loving doomed lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
guess i better get started digging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjSgzmTSCg

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

EA Sports posted:

it's in the game

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP I'll be your customer, what are you selling?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

nothing a junta cant fix

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ask your mom for tips op

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Funky See Funky Do posted:

OP I'll be your customer, what are you selling?

birds in states of various composition.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Inflation, because companies realized everyone has a bunch of money so they can just increase the prices on everything just because gently caress you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

EA Sports posted:

How much for a fully composed wandering albatross?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Inflation, because companies realized everyone has a bunch of money so they can just increase the prices on everything just because gently caress you.

not everyone, just 20 percent of the pop. unlike the fifties when wealth generation actually went to a middle class, this is inflationary period is going to completely annihilate the current service economy epoch, and transition it to something far more inequal. i unironically believe their is going to be a civil war over this bullshit now.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

EA Sports posted:

post your birds

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's supply and demand op, your artisanal blowjobs may be of higher quality than what they produce over at the ol beej factory but at the end of the day people just wanna get they dick succed

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A classic tell when things are going to poo poo is when the market for birds in states of various composition falls out.

A tale as old as time.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
An economy is how people get food and shelter, I don't think you can base one on services.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

EA Sports posted:

not everyone, just 20 percent of the pop. unlike the fifties when wealth generation actually went to a middle class, this is inflationary period is going to completely annihilate the current service economy epoch, and transition it to something far more inequal. i unironically believe their is going to be a civil war over this bullshit now.

Inequal? I mean it still sucks but people low on the totem poll for the first time in history are quitting their jobs in droves and are telling their bosses to go gently caress themselves

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
See OP this is why you're losing business. I was primed to buy one of the biggest and most composed birds on the market and you're acting like you don't even want my business. I'll just go to bargainbirds.com next time.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I'm going to start building my own birds at home

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

6% inflation and the world is ending for most people

imagine 16%
or 60%

600%????

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
69%

sorry to hear of your troubles OP - have you considered expanding into composed turtles and bugs?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

A classic tell when things are going to poo poo is when the market for birds in states of various composition falls out.

A tale as old as time.

It’s a canary in a coal mine kind of situation

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

it feels so bad to be a customer

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
have you considered bitcoin and/or nfts OP

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

the official number is 7% but it's probably double that if you count rent hikes tbh. cost of living adustment at my work was 3% so this year i'm getting paid less to do a job i've been doing well for a while lol

thank gently caress for rent control, sf said the max rent can be raised this year is 2.4%

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

i wonder when all those emergency covid loans for businesses start becoming due. it kept things afloat for a year but i imagine that money has gotta be running out soon

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:actually: inflation is good for the economy because it incentivizes money being spent and flowing instead of being hoarded and slowing becoming useless so you still get economic activity in the meantime and debt gets weaker too pay no attention to the fact this also at a bare minimum assumes prices are increasing alongside wages and/or if this is all a massive price gouging coincidence

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I remember when i could buy soda from a vending machine for a dollar. A DOLLAR!!! i don't know how much it cost now though, I don't really drink it anymore but I'm sure it sucks. Sorry op

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

start selling to Dubai, op

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
have you SEEN the cost of a handbeezy in 2022?!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Apple cider is going to be so loving expensive next Halloween

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Converting my savings into premium gacha game currency before the dollar loses further value

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hell astro course posted:

i wonder when all those emergency covid loans for businesses start becoming due. it kept things afloat for a year but i imagine that money has gotta be running out soon

something like 80% of these dont have to be paid back lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Blooster posted:

Inequal? I mean it still sucks but people low on the totem poll for the first time in history are quitting their jobs in droves and are telling their bosses to go gently caress themselves

I don't understand any way this wouldn't make more people quit. I want to go get hired at mcdonalds just to quit after reading this.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

EA Sports posted:

wait you're down customers? why don't you just inflate your prices slightly less it sounds like you overdid it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

old beast lunatic posted:

I don't understand any way this wouldn't make more people quit. I want to go get hired at mcdonalds just to quit after reading this.

I really want to know how they came to the conclusion in the notice. Do people actually quit jobs when they get a dang tax refund? I really can't imagine that, at least in the sense "I'm quitting and have no plan because I got a tax return". What I can see is some people using that boost to pay needed expenses to move or whatever so they can transition to a different job, presumably that sucks less rear end.

"You'll need a job when the money runs out". lol how long does McDonalds think someone can live for off a tax return???

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Meme Poker Party posted:

I really want to know how they came to the conclusion in the notice. Do people actually quit jobs when they get a dang tax refund? I really can't imagine that, at least in the sense "I'm quitting and have no plan because I got a tax return". What I can see is some people using that boost to pay needed expenses to move or whatever so they can transition to a different job, presumably that sucks less rear end.

fast food restaurants generally have super-high turn-over and this particular one probably has a petite-tyrant manager/franchise owner so the employees are a stones throw from just rioting at all times

naem
May 29, 2011

people will take a low paying job with no pto or benefits for a few months and leave, get another identical job after taking time off the only way there is, by quitting

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

naem posted:

people will take a low paying job with no pto or benefits for a few months and leave, get another identical job after taking time off the only way there is, by quitting

yeah it's this. notice how the petty tyrant who rules that particular mcdonalds fief offers to "work with you" to "take a short leave of absence" aka they're bribing employees with vacation, which is a notable aberration for these kinds of employers

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You, a beta cuck nerd: economy based on services :awesome:

Me, a smart and rich sexhaver who is having sex right now: economy based on bored apes :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The reality is that inflation plus years od stagnant wage growth have low paying jobs completely untenable for the average person.

Jobs that pay at least OK versus the areas prices are not suffering a labor shortage. Poverty wage jobs are. I have no sympathy for anyone claiming they can't find workers. Eat the rich.