Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Schir posted:

i of in the cold food into a cold oven, and yet of out hot eat the food from a hot ovout. curious

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just lol if you don't preheat + tip your oven

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How much should you tip your oven? Every time I try going over 20% the pizza slides out and falls on the floor :(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

please don't tip your oven, it is supposed to be level w/ the ground

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Colonel Cancer posted:

How much should you tip your oven? Every time I try going over 20% the pizza slides out and falls on the floor :(
I just put a fiver in it and set it on self-cleaning every few days, seems to work out fine.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Private Cumshoe posted:

when did you stop prebeating your wife OP

Jim 'take and bake at' Rome: now that's just uncalled for

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

signalnoise posted:

why do they call it an oven when you of in the food hot food of in the food when of hot oven feet lick the of

just fyi I had a petite mal seizure reading this

just staring at it and drooling a little for a few minutes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Private Cumshoe posted:

Elizabeth Warren is the only heat I need

yeah man but she died and they took the demon museum down :(

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

just fyi I had a petite mal seizure reading this

just staring at it and drooling a little for a few minutes

don't worry that's normal

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I just assumed my frozen TV dinners would explode if I didn’t!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I just have Enrique preheat my oven for me on those rare occasions it gets used.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

i had a totinos pizza drop some grease onto the bottom of the oven. Should I use the clean option on my oven or just use some soapy water?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Laopooh posted:

Depends how precise of a temperature you need for whatever you're cooking. Most ovens have simple thermostats and overshoot the preheat temp by ~30F on the way up so you get a really woogly heating curve till it settles.

I'll take two sausage rolls, extra woogly.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i had a totinos pizza drop some grease onto the bottom of the oven. Should I use the clean option on my oven or just use some soapy water?

Just leave the oven on longer it'll burn that poo poo right off.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

how does that interfere with making more totinas? what are you even talking about?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

DrPossum posted:

how does that interfere with making more totinas? what are you even talking about?

it smells burny when i preheat my oven now i don't like that and it makes me nervous for a fire

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Just let the fire happen and then after it happens you won't be as afraid of it any more.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

it smells burny when i preheat my oven now i don't like that and it makes me nervous for a fire

Grease fires are how ovens build character.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Grease fires are how ovens build character flavor.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I just have a truck mounted deep fryer. You could flash fry a Buffalo in 40 seconds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mr. Meagles posted:

I don't preheat my oven and i also jump in the shower immediately after turning the knob. my thermostat is set to "random". gently caress temperature i spit in its face

LBJ had them rebuild the white house shower so it'd use a light switch for temperature. Off was ice cold, on was blazing hot, no middle ground.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
How the gently caress do some of you feed yourselves?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction posted:

Don't need an oven to eat mcnuggets every meal

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Line the bottom rack with foil.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

syntaxfunction posted:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you can't take the preheat, stay out of my oven

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I just have a truck mounted deep fryer. You could flash fry a Buffalo in 40 seconds.

yah but od you have to preheat it?!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

make sure to the baking sheet option for this one no matter what the package says because this is the exact totinos product that caused my current oven predicament

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

DrPossum posted:

yah but od you have to preheat it?!

Well of course, otherwise it’s just a tub of lard.

poo poo, I just doxxed myself.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

War Wizard posted:

Pulled out a lasagna and put it on top of the oven, and 30 seconds later the pyrex it was in exploded. I really wanted that lasagna. :(

I put in a pyrex full of stuff I was gonna roast a little before turning it into broth. It was gonna be great, I'd saved a ton of veggie leftovers in the freezer for months and everything. In hindsight I should have thawed them first or just used metal.

anyway I'll preheat if I've got other stuff I have to do first, like cut some veggies, or if it's something like baking that requires more precision, but otherwise nah

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If your worried about a fire the self-clean option is probably a bad idea since it uses a terrifying amount of heat. A lot of people just flat out don't use it because it can give off nasty fumes. You'll probably want to give it a scrub but be a little bit careful about it because there's stuff you can damage, but it's not hard to do and you can Google up plenty of guides on how to do it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just be proactive and shoot a fire extinguisher in there. What could go wrong?

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019
Depends on how seriously I take the recipe

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I feel like this thread is why they made sure pizza pockets are microwaveable.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

MiracleFlare posted:

I put in a pyrex full of stuff I was gonna roast a little before turning it into broth. It was gonna be great, I'd saved a ton of veggie leftovers in the freezer for months and everything. In hindsight I should have thawed them first or just used metal.

isn't thawing just a form of preheating? Now we're supposed to preheat the oven AND THE FOOD THAT GOES IN IT!? get outta here with this

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I lube up before anal sex yes

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Archer666 posted:

I lube up before anal sex yes

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey idiots if you have an electric oven take the racks out and set them aside.

Now clean the bottom of your oven as well as needed.

You'll note that the heating element thing swivels up and down a little. Not a ton. Some.

K cool.

Well go get some tin foil and flatly, shiny side up, line the bottom of the oven, lifting that element to get under it to keep the foil a uniform surface with the heating element resting on top of the foil

Put the racks back in.

Congrats.

Now you can drip your greasy rear end pizza poo poo and nugget rolls all the gently caress over and only have to swap out the foil when it gets bad rather than clean the whole drat oven.

Ta-da.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What kind of dipshit doesn't preheat their oven?

durrr I like my food unevenly cooked. May as well just use your loving microwave