Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Postman posted:

I would get severed so my innie could play all of my favorite video games for the first time

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
thanks it's a great new gangtag

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol I'm dumb and suddenly realized why they didn't use the same baby name as she said she was going to

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Has anyone talked about color theory yet

I saw some online theories that blue = work and red = life outside work

Most of the town is blue because it’s owned by the company

Mark’s home is mostly blue tinted because the company probably owns it. His couch is reddish because that’s probably the thing he picked out himself and owns

Helly’s red hair ties in with her rejection of the office.

When Petey’s head reintegrates and he dies, he is bathed in both the red and blue police lights

The dance party starts out with red and blue light because it’s a mingling of the outside world into the office. But as Dylan becomes overwhelmed with thoughts about his outie’s son the lights are completely red.

This is cool poo poo, love it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

withak posted:

That is asymmetrical.

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
She's clearly pushing them toward remembering, or testing it at least. Like the stolen candle.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

latinotwink1997 posted:

Thoughts on the number sorting:

If they can sort the files to 100%, would that not mean that the company already knows where (or at least how many) the “bad” numbers are? Then would that mean their work is arbitrary and completely meaningless?

it might just be a limit on the action side of things, not actually the maximum number of categorizations that can be performed. like imagine they're making drones blow people up, it could represent number of bombs their plane has on board

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

esperterra posted:

Just confirming before I put the upload req in, this is the img y'all want for your sick nasty gang tag, right?

e: PS anybody who wants the tag, pls quote me and let me know if you also wish to keep the tags/etc you have now. last i checked, there is no hard limit on how many tags you can have, but it is up to mod discretion to prune them if they find it obnoxiously long

e2: disregard my stoned rear end, I see some tags goin thru already!!

I don't need this but thank you for doing this :)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sebmojo posted:

greetings Lumon employees

two Group Assigned Nomination Gift tags have been uploaded onto the official servers and will be given out impartially and equally in line with company procedure

note the differing file names which should not be taken to mean anything - we are all fellow employees here

hey thank you seb

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sebmojo posted:

To break kayfabe a moment, could someone redo the mdr gif to be ~200k, astral put his foot down lol

I just used ezgif.com for the other one, would do that for you but I'm not on my computer right now. it's just a web interface and it's free and you just upload it and go to optimize or whatever and move the slider until it's small enough

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

nice image leeching :smuggo:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Levin posted:

Reporting for duty after getting my gang tag. Show loving rules. Stellar performances all around but I think the standout for me has to be Zach Cherry. I also love Michael Chernus' performance as Ricken, reminded me I need to go back and watch season 2 of Patriot!

yes thank you zach cherry is underappreciated (not that the rest of the cast isn't stellar)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Trabant posted:

If anyone's at/near the San Diego Comic-Con:

edit: I can't deal with Gizmodo's URLs on mobile so just go there and check out the photos, it's pretty great!

wow that was way more elaborate than I expected

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

I’ve always read Lumon as an IBM-like company: upstate NY hq unlike all the west coast tech companies, long and morally murky history, mandated use of in-house antiquated technology, and a household name but nobody knows exactly what they do anymore after divesting their retail goods

"morally murky history" is an understatement for IBM lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

Had to bail on the thread soon after my last post to avoid spoilers. Great finale and of course the perfect timing to end the episode.

Obviously you can argue until in you're blue in the face about the philosophical definitions of a personhood or whatever. But the show made it pretty clear that for all practical purposes, these are separate personalities even if they share some basic traits or learned skills (like driving apparently). If an innie wants to quit and isn't allowed, that's extremely hosed up, even ignoring the break room poo poo. Mark's been severed for 2 years, imagine never leaving work for two years straight. It's pretty shocking his innie isn't completely insane, actually.

Yeah a lot of the detains about the company is clearly kept secret from the viewers. It seems clearly to be a big company but how crazy it is, not so clear. The severed operation we've seen is very small, so it could be like some sort of skunkworks type of situation that they are now trying to roll out on a bigger scale with Helley's pitch.

The board is Management from Counterpart

Took me a minute to remember where I saw it before and then another to dig up the name. Here's a scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V40fCvN9g9c

And now I'm mad again about that show being canceled after 2 seasons.

Speaking of canceled, had to actually check that this show isn't. Apparently they should've just started filming this month.

Look, everyone needed some punch cards back then

counterpart kicked rear end and now i'm mad again it wasn't renewed

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

christmas boots posted:

There's not a separate blackout version of you that retains the memories from when you blackout and builds a whole identity around those memories though.

citation needed :smuggo:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Danzel Glovington posted:

Robby Benson as in Prince Alexander of Daventry!? Guy has been pretty much off the radar since I was a kid. Not a name I would expect to see outside of doing Beauty and the Beast voice over for Kingdom Hearts dubs.

whoa cool

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

You missed Tuesday by a bit, mate

? today is Sunday

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/rajat_suresh/status/1634356046255849472

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

Eight season Firefly means Whedon isn't brought in for Avengers and the MCU dies on the vine.

:dance:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Agronox posted:

Before this turns into yet another game of goon telephone, here:

https://gizmodo.com/the-firefly-episode-were-really-glad-joss-whedon-didnt-5959794

lmfao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
goons being pedantic down to the last detail is a tale as old as time

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
BSG ending kicked rear end sorry

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
and Lindelof redeemed himself with the Leftovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I will have spent months training my subconscious for that moment. When my innie wakes up on the table, he will start jackin and/or shittin.

yeah I know my autistic rear end would be right there with you