Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Hello friends I am a new gamer. I have purchased a Xbox X with game pass ultimate. This gives me access to many games as well as EA titles. Since many of you have this epic service, I think we should discuss recommendations and things that are available on the great service known as Xbox Game pass, and if it is ultimate game pass, so much the better.

For my part of course I am playing halo multiplayer

I also have forza horizon and like to race my car, but that is less of a thrill than Dirt 5, below.

But one that may come as more of a surprise is Dirt 5. This is an epic racing game they will have you speeding along with your friends. The controls are tight, the types of event are many, and the cars are fast!~ Also please feel free to PM me your gamer tag so we can be gaming buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Any hot tips?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, it is a hell of a lot of game to get for the low low monthly fee of Gamepass.
You can fly all over the world from the comfort of your gaming chair, seeing sights like the Niagara Falls, Sydney Opera House or Downtown Detroit and Cleveland without leaving the house. It's a miracle of the modern world that this is possible and comes highly recommended by me, and I have vertigo!

You can fly big planes, small planes and some helicopters if you can handle it. It's a fun time, and strictly no guns so you can relax in the skies knowing you won't get shot at or hassled by other people. Maybe you could find your own home and fly low overhead, try shouting as you go and see if you can hear yourself, it's quite surreal!

Because all the terrain in the game is dynamically pulled from Bing maps data in real time you can take to the skies and plan your real life journeys, for example I like to jump in a Cessna and check out what the local traffic is like so my commute to work is traffic free.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

peter gabriel posted:

Get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, it is a hell of a lot of game to get for the low low monthly fee of Gamepass.
You can fly all over the world from the comfort of your gaming chair, seeing sights like the Niagara Falls, Sydney Opera House or Downtown Detroit and Cleveland without leaving the house. It's a miracle of the modern world that this is possible and comes highly recommended by me, and I have vertigo!

You can fly big planes, small planes and some helicopters if you can handle it. It's a fun time, and strictly no guns so you can relax in the skies knowing you won't get shot at or hassled by other people. Maybe you could find your own home and fly low overhead, try shouting as you go and see if you can hear yourself, it's quite surreal!

Because all the terrain in the game is dynamically pulled from Bing maps data in real time you can take to the skies and plan your real life journeys, for example I like to jump in a Cessna and check out what the local traffic is like so my commute to work is traffic free.

wow thats pretty interesting OP, but is it like a flight sim where you basically need to be a real pilot to get it off the darn ground?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

styls trill epic posted:

wow thats pretty interesting OP, but is it like a flight sim where you basically need to be a real pilot to get it off the darn ground?

No not at all, you can even choose to start already airborne if you like!
Choose a location and off you go, swoop down low on the Great Plains Of Africa and fly along side wild antelopes, using a joypad if you like. Woosh over the horizon and gasp at cold war era Russian landmarks like the Duga Over The Horizon Radar system with a HOTAS or zoom towards the killing fields of Somalia for a more sober experience.
It's all there to be had, from the roaring penguins of the Antarctic to the lush concrete jungles of urban Poland.
You can even witness the place the Titanic sunk all those years ago, although these days the ocean has regrown and reclaimed the site, it's still a nice place to do a few barrel rolls and ponder the futility of living.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

peter gabriel posted:

Choose a location and off you go, swoop down low on the Great Plains Of Africa and fly along side wild antelopes, using a joypad if you like. Woosh over the horizon and gasp at cold war era Russian landmarks like the Duga Over The Horizon Radar system with a HOTAS or zoom towards the killing fields of Somalia for a more sober experience.
It's all there to be had, from the roaring penguins of the Antarctic to the lush concrete jungles of urban Poland.
You can even witness the place the Titanic sunk all those years ago, although these days the ocean has regrown and reclaimed the site, it's still a nice place to do a few barrel rolls and ponder the futility of living.

Sounds fun OP I will check it out. I
m about to check out man eater, about sharks, on cloud gaming, thanks to game pass ultimate

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Man eater was a bit of a bust. Checking out a game called snow runner, about trucking in the snow. I will get to the flight sim OP, believe me!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
snow runner was ok but i couldn't figure out how to get the wooden planks off my truck. I'm downloading the flight sim, and playing dirt 5 now

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
descenders was chill

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gane pass is some crazy value for the money

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

supraland is a really good metroidvania kinda thing,

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

queeb posted:

gane pass is some crazy value for the money

Thats right op. I'm getting late breaking word that theres some hack where you can turn things into another thing for a dollar? xbox live conversion hack????? any word on this specifically?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

peter gabriel posted:

These planes are slow as hell OP. Is there any way to not have to start the whole flight over if I crash?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

peter gabriel posted:

This "game" is a bit bad tbqh op. I think i would like if i was on drugs.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
If you don't like MS Flight Sim try Project Wingman. It's a bit more arcadey in that its a combat flight sim, but still is pretty cool and involved.

Psychonauts 1/2 are a great playthrough for free, they handle really well and have a really great story.

Try bassmaster fishing. just...trust me on this one, from your posts here and in the xbox thread i really think you'll like it. And if you don't, well, you tried something new and the only thing it cost you was your time.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Gamers rise up!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been playing Guardians of the Galaxy in game pass and drat it's good. Combat can be a bit janky but the the character stuff is great.

If your familiar with the pre movie comics you'll see a lot of that in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Gamers rise up